black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Seeking Diet Advice: Gaining 20lbs (4k cals + PHs)

I've been lifting for 3yrs and have gained 30lbs since I've started. My goal is to gain another 20lbs and since the past two years I've only made moderate gains, I want to try prohormones. My main concern is the diet that I'm gonna be on while taking the PHs. I have always been concerened about my diet but this is the first time that I'm really figuring out how many calories, carbs, protein, etc. I'm taking in.

My stats:
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 160
    Bf: I don't know but I'm very lean so I would guess about 5%
    I need atleast 3400 calories to maintain. I haven't been lifting this summer (been doing mma instead) and that's the minimum that I eat a day and my weight hasn't changed.

Diet:
    Breakfast - 4 Egg whites, 4 english muffins, ast multi pro
    Lunch - Sandwhich (turkey, ham, cheese, lettuce), banana
    Pre-Workout - 5 cups cheerios, 4 slices of toasted rye bread, animal pak
    After Workout - Smart Gainer (2 scoops), ast multi pro
    Late Dinner - Sandwhich (same as before), apple
    Before Bed - Smart Gainer

Through out the day I'll drink 6 cups of lowfat milk and 3L of water.

Stats on diet (I used nutritiondata.com)
    Total cals : 4070
    Total fat : 67.2g (24.9 saturated, 0 trans)
    Total carbs: 602g (46.2g dietary fiber, 142g Sugar)
    Protein : 277g
    Cholesterol: 551mg
    57% carbs, 15% fat, 28% protein
    Obviously I'm getting ALOT of vitamins and minerals. I actually spent time researching to make sure I'm not taking an unsafe amount.

The thing I like about this diet is that it's pretty much what I always eat except for the smart gainer. I also like to stick to simple foods that don't require alot of preperation. Overall, this diet wouldn't even be hard for me to do, it's not much more than what I eat now and my 3.4k-3.5k diet now is natural to me. If I wanted to put more into this diet I could.

I'll be on this diet for at least 3 weeks before I go on PHs. When I'm on PHs I'll be taking LiverCare, ON Fish Oil, Mega Taurine, Epistane, and Trenadrol. My post cycle I'm taking LiverCare, ON Fish Oil, Reversitol, and maybe Animal Pump (I got an unopened can and I heard good things about taking a creatine durring post cycle). I'm only planning on doing one cycle of PHs which I why I'm trying to go all out and make sure I'm doing everything right.

I've considered the fact that my diet and the PH cycle is overkill but like I said, I'm only doing this once and I want to make sure my body gets everything it wants/needs.

I'm looking for advice on what I could tweak or do better. Should I have less carbs and more fat? Should my preworkout meal have more slow digesting carbs (milk has a low glycemic index, but cheerios is high and rye bread is medium). Should I take something besides Smart Gainer after I workout? I'm not too concerned about the PH stuff (I've already spent a lot of time researching it and I'm following the same cycle that several friends have done) but any advice is fully welcomed.

Thanks!

One more thing. I realize that I'm gonna gain weight on this diet before I take the PHs. Nothing is set in stone. I'm gonna see how my body reacts for a few weeks before I start my cycle and depending on what happens I'll probably delay taking the PHs.
    Last edited by black_cloud; 08-11-2009 at 11:21 AM.

black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) black_cloud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    on a PH take at least 2g/lb of Protein.. at least get 320g a day
    Drop your carbs and up your fats. Get fats to at least 20% of your total intake.

Meal plan/selection is up to you and what settles best on your stomach, but dosing AAS/PH's make sure that protein is high and around 2g/lb, also keep those fats higher.. they are too many benefits of having fats in your diet.

I would say your foods are fine, again its personal preference, if something is sitting heavy on your stomach check how much fiber in the day you are getting and try subbing in more things like bread, rice, pasta to ease the pain of so many carbs.

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by black_cloud View Post
    I've been lifting for 3yrs and have gained 30lbs since I've started. My goal is to gain another 20lbs and since the past two years I've only made moderate gains, I want to try prohormones. My main concern is the diet that I'm gonna be on while taking the PHs. I have always been concerened about my diet but this is the first time that I'm really figuring out how many calories, carbs, protein, etc. I'm taking in.

My stats:
    I need atleast 3400 calories to maintain. I haven't been lifting this summer (been doing mma instead) and that's the minimum that I eat a day and my weight hasn't changed.

Diet:

Obviously I'm getting ALOT of vitamins and minerals. I actually spent time researching to make sure I'm not taking an unsafe amount.

The thing I like about this diet is that it's pretty much what I always eat except for the smart gainer. I also like to stick to simple foods that don't require alot of preperation. Overall, this diet wouldn't even be hard for me to do, it's not much more than what I eat now and my 3.4k-3.5k diet now is natural to me. If I wanted to put more into this diet I could.

I'll be on this diet for at least 3 weeks before I go on PHs. When I'm on PHs I'll be taking LiverCare, ON Fish Oil, Mega Taurine, Epistane, and Trenadrol. My post cycle I'm taking LiverCare, ON Fish Oil, Reversitol, and maybe Animal Pump (I got an unopened can and I heard good things about taking a creatine durring post cycle). I'm only planning on doing one cycle of PHs which I why I'm trying to go all out and make sure I'm doing everything right.

I've considered the fact that my diet and the PH cycle is overkill but like I said, I'm only doing this once and I want to make sure my body gets everything it wants/needs.

I'm looking for advice on what I could tweak or do better. Should I have less carbs and more fat? Should my preworkout meal have more slow digesting carbs (milk has a low glycemic index, but cheerios is high and rye bread is medium). Should I take something besides Smart Gainer after I workout? I'm not too concerned about the PH stuff (I've already spent a lot of time researching it and I'm following the same cycle that several friends have done) but any advice is fully welcomed.

Thanks!

One more thing. I realize that I'm gonna gain weight on this diet before I take the PHs. Nothing is set in stone. I'm gonna see how my body reacts for a few weeks before I start my cycle and depending on what happens I'll probably delay taking the PHs.
    Lotta sht to read here brah. I'm pretty verbose as well but this is just border line ridiculous and it might hurt your response rate.

That said it looks like you could get some more MEAT into your diet in the form of whole cuts of unprocessed chicken, beef, pork, and fish. I guess it's not as convenient as sandwiches but it's what I would do.

Also I'd do whole eggs instead of egg whites for breakfast... I agree with lazibones I'd cut down the carbs and put in some more fat and protein... I'd much sooner have 4 whole eggs and 2 english muffins instead of 4 egg whites and 4 english muffins. I like the free range eggs with omega 3's.

What is your workout? 5 cups of cheerios and 4 slices of bread seems pretty severe as far as the carbs are concerned. I would say get some protein in with every meal so get some protein in that meal.

I'd also probably want some fibrous vegetables and a little yogurt in my day - it will help your digestion and provide some more vitamins.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by black_cloud View Post

My stats:

Diet:

Thanks!

Taking PHs at a weight of 160lbs is not exactly a smart idea, as if PHs are smart at all. Your gains have been minimal probably due to your diet. Increase your calories, increase your protein intake... Focus on beef/chicken/fish/eggs/milk/beans/potatos/rice/pasta/vegetables/water. You will benefit MUCH more from a big diet than PH use without adequate caloric intake. If you want to see real gains, eat like you'll never see food again

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MontavonM View Post
    Taking PHs at a weight of 160lbs is not exactly a smart idea, as if PHs are smart at all. Your gains have been minimal probably due to your diet. Increase your calories, increase your protein intake... Focus on beef/chicken/fish/eggs/milk/beans/potatos/rice/pasta/vegetables/water. You will benefit MUCH more from a big diet than PH use without adequate caloric intake. If you want to see real gains, eat like you'll never see food again
    Hopefully he will find your post useful, these 4 years later.

MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Hopefully he will find your post useful, these 4 years later.
    Guess I should've looked at the post date a little closer. My bad

Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100) Mrtonyacosta is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeahhh

Originally Posted by MontavonM View Post
    Guess I should've looked at the post date a little closer. My bad