For time is on our side. LeumasNehpets's Avatar
    LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

My muay thai coach put me a on program..

He want's me to incorporate all the compound lifts in one day, for example.

1 set squats
    1 set pullups
    1 set deadlifts
    1 set bench press

rest.

4 times a week he said I could do this. He's very experienced, however I thought I'd check with you guys also as you have vast knowledge on these lifts. Would this be overkill? Or would it be ok? I suppose it'd be a like a full body workout (he mentioned it's good to get the blood to each part of the body, up and down etc).

Your thoughts?

s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you going to warm up for all those exercises?
    How heavy did he say you were to go for each lift?

For time is on our side. LeumasNehpets's Avatar
    LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by s3an87 View Post
    Are you going to warm up for all those exercises?
    How heavy did he say you were to go for each lift?
    Yeah I'll do a jog first, then do a full body stretch (that I use in muay thai, it hit's all the muscles in the body from neck down).

He didn't mention how heavy to go, however he would of probably said moderate weight. I was quite surprised I'm 6 weeks out for a fight and thought he'd say leave off the weights and just do body weights but I guess compound lifts must be important for fight sports.

Do you think heavy would finish me? Or shall i trial and error?

Veg can't get big lolwut? Mr.Runner's Avatar
    Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds a lot like Rippetoes. God, I'm becoming a Rippetoe whore on this part of the forum.

Look it up. Very clear progression/exercise scheme. And the volume won't kill you.
    But I'll tell you, wherever you're at, deload a week before your match.
    Last edited by Mr.Runner; 08-17-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    I only seem like I know what I'm talking about, because I only talk about things that I know about.

"One farmer says to me: 'You cannot live on vegetable foods solely, for it furnishes nothing to make bones with,' walking all the while he talks behind his oxen, who with vegetable made bones jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle."

-Henry David Thoreau

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    interesting, i have heard great things about low volume and high frequency for strength gains. just make sure not to burn yourself out before your fight, keep in tune with your body and lay off if it gets too tiring.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Make it twice a week and include PROPER warm ups and sure that could work fine for a few months.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'd say its a nice idea but wont actually work. not if you're planning on upping the weight each session anyways. tell him to **** off and that you're getting on rips. jk

...but seriously.
    Squat - 180 lb - 3x5

Deadlift - 225 lb - 5 reps

Bench - 127.5 lb 3x5

Overhead Press - 95 lb - 3x5

Powerclean - 117.5 - 5x3