a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

A good pushup workout?

Hey guys! For those of you who do pushups as a workout, I was wondering if you could help me out. I am working at a camp for the next two months and dont have access to a gym. Is there a good pushup workout (like a split) that will help me keep my muscles in good shape (improving?) till I can get back??
    Thanks

Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000) Bubbak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do 25 push ups, for 4 sets. Total 100 pushups.

Elevate your feet to hit upper chest and increase difficulty.

Try diff hand positions as well
    █♣█
    LIVE for the PUMP
    i.rep.back
    "Tighten your cape hero" - Me

The Comeback to Swollenness : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122949991
    Stop by for reps!
    New pics are up, and videos coming soon!

UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bubbak View Post

Just curious... can you get your tris and chest jacked just by doing tons of pushups 4-5 days a week? Right now I just do pure pushup workouts for one day on the weekend (no access to gym on weekends) but there may come a time (like the op) when I'll be forced to do pushups only for chest. I've read different opinions... some say you HAVE to do them with other chest exercises to get big pecs, and others say it's possible with just pushups.

hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by UniBoy5 View Post
    Just curious... can you get your tris and chest jacked just by doing tons of pushups 4-5 days a week? Right now I just do pure pushup workouts for one day on the weekend (no access to gym on weekends) but there may come a time (like the op) when I'll be forced to do pushups only for chest. I've read different opinions... some say you HAVE to do them with other chest exercises to get big pecs, and others say it's possible with just pushups.
    Yeah, but 4 sets of 25 wont do anything, do like 10 sets with 30 sec rest in between, and increase the reps of every set by 2-5 every day you do the workout

squatMoar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatMoar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatMoar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatMoar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatMoar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatMoar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatMoar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Workout #1

UPPER BODY: 20-30 SECONDS REST BETWEEN SETS

REGULAR PUSH-UPS: Pyramid up to 12 and back to 1.

Pyramiding means you do 1 pushup, stand up, rest for 20-30 seconds then drop back down and do 2 pushups, etc. Keep the rest times consistent and work your way to 12 reps. Take a 1-minute break, then work your way back down from the top.

TRICEPS/DIAMOND PUSH-UPS: Until failure.

Diamond pushups are done with your hands touching directly underneath your sternum. Turning your fingers "out" while keeping your thumbs touching (it'll look like you're making a W with your hands) will ensure that your arms will stay close to your torso during the exercise. Do as many as you can for one set.

PULL-UPS*:

REGULAR GRIP: Pyramid to 2 and back to 1.

NARROW GRIP: Pyramid to 2 and back to 1.

WIDE GRIP: Pyramid to 2 and back to 1.

*At this point in the video I show several different grips as well as working them, in a Pyramid, from 2 to 1. Follow along if you are able. For reference: Pull-Ups are done with the hands facing away and Chin-Ups are done with the hands facing you.

DIPS:
    4 sets of 8-10

If you are doing this routine at home you can do dips off the end of a chair, couch, or anything that will safely support your weight.

LOWER BODY: 20-30 SECONDS REST BETWEEN SETS

SHOOTFIGHTING/HINDU SQUATS: 4 sets of 25

BOOT-STRAPPERS*: 4 sets of 25

*These are on the Exercises page!

In the video, I alternate one set of Shootfighters and one set of Bootstrappers. You can do them this way or do all 4 sets of the same exercise back to back.

LUNGES: 4 sets of 20

AB WORK: 10-SECONDS REST PERIOD BETWEEN EXERCISES

CRUNCHES: 20

Lie flat on your back with your feet tucked in approximately 8-10 inches from your butt. Imagine pulling your bottom rib directly to your hip.

SIDE CRUNCHES: 20

From the original crunch position just roll your knees to one side while keeping your shoulder blades flat on the ground. Using your abs pull your shoulder blades evenly off the ground for each rep.

SIT AND TUCKS: 10

Check out the Sitting V-Up in the Exercises section and start in position 1. Bending your legs, tuck your knees into your chest then extend them back to position 1.

SIT AND TUCKS EACH CHEEK: 10

Tilt your body and balance on one butt cheek then continue the motion.

V-UPS: 10

If you went to the Exercises page, you already know how to do this.

FLUTTER KICKS: 25

Lie flat on your back and place your hands underneath your butt. Press the small of your back into the ground and raise your feet 6 inches. The first motion is one leg swinging up until your foot is almost over your crotch then, as it descends, the other leg is on the way up.

6-INCH CRUNCHES: 10

Lie flat on your back and place your hands underneath your butt. Press the small of your back into the ground and raise your feet 6 inches. Keeping your chin tucked to your chest, pull your bottom rib to your hip and relax for each rep but don't put your feet down until you're finished.

http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout1.shtml
    Supplements currently on:
    Whey, Glucose (Dextrose & Malodextrine (sp?)), Omega Fish Capsules, Flax Oil, Creatine Monohydrate

Squat: goal 220 by 2010)
    Bench: goal 200 by 2010
    Deadlift: goal 250 by 2010
    Military Press: goal 120 by 2010
    Power Clean: goal 150 by 2010

Do Starting Strength, please people, get off these useless splits!!!

hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bubbak View Post

killed it,
    i was about to say that, haha

Sullmattivan90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a good push up work out for tris/bi's and shoulders you dont see many people doing is reverse your hands and have them face your knees, hands about shoulder width apart and up down with your bicep against your chest walls. You will get pumps like no other with less reps.

JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500) JOG12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Do pushups in supersets until you can not do anymore, then do them on your knees until you can not do them anymore. What a pump you can get.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war,"

The_Next_Lou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    **** all that. the walking tens is all ya need. do one push up get up walk five feet, do 2 push ups, walk five feet back, 3 push ups...and continue this process untill you reach ten. then take 15 seconds to breathe drink water and repeat the process untill you reach 1 pushup again....so it should work like this 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10...rest...10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1... all in all its 110 pushups in about 5-8 minutes. great for begginers.

kushdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by a410599 View Post
    Hey guys! For those of you who do pushups as a workout, I was wondering if you could help me out. I am working at a camp for the next two months and dont have access to a gym. Is there a good pushup workout (like a split) that will help me keep my muscles in good shape (improving?) till I can get back??
    Thanks

Hey i got this pretty good push up routine back in the day from youtube ill link you,

you do diamond push ups till failure then lift ure ass in the air so u can widen ure grip to a normal push up position, then u raise ure ass in the air agen and widen ure grip agen, and repeat this step once more. its fairly brutal

hmm i cant link u coz im still a noob at this site but.. youtube dot com/watch?v=X72LtRcXR6g

gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try working on 1 arm pushups...if you can't do them start with them from your knees (ie what some people call girl pushups) and if you can use a table and do 1 arm pushups from there.

Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easy Does it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Before I went to the Gym at my school, I started doing push-ups.. I would use a weighted backpack, and sometimes elevate my feet with that. Have someone put like a twentyfive pound barbell on your shoulder blades and do them like that
    ***Christian Bodybuilders***
    -Will-
    SPAM
    ironman06
    MetalMilitia
    Easy Does It

hey, was goin on dude? 1st, y arnt you wearing a shirt? nad 2nd, how often do you work out, and how much can you bench?

a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) a410599 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for all the help!! One last question, how often do you do these workouts? Daily? Everyother day? Thanks

pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000) pc9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hotsaucexdo View Post

that actually works well...im doing it to get ready for basic.

endurance for PUs have gone up a lot. ive more than doubled my previous max reps.

slimdimmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try to get some cheap dumbells man and just do prison squats for ur legs and be creative find good workout machines in nature like logs and **** iunno
    tackle the gazzel!