DKIDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking: How much cardio is too much?

This is my first post
    but i wanted to ask how much cardio is too much if im bulking?

Ive been weightlifting for years but only really tried bulking and cutting cycles for the first time last year. im 5'8 and began 2008 at 140lbs but without calorie counting manage to gain about 30lbs by xmas 2008. At the begining of 2009 i started a cutting cycle and lost about half of what i gained in 2008.
    Due to my lack of cardio whilst bulking my fitness was pathetic when it came to cutting and made the whole job a lot harder. I finally got my BF down to a % i was happy with by May/June by taking up Thai Boxing and Kick boxing (along with my continued weight lifting routine)

This year im much more focussed on gaining some serious pounds but dont want my fitness to deplete whilst bulking so when it comes to a cutting cycle next time, it should be easier! I am now calorie counting and paying much more attention to my progress by keeping a log of my weight/routine

I currently use a 4day split and still take Kick Boxing two evenings a week but these are like 2hours intensive cardio each lesson.

Is my cardio too much for a bulking cycle?
    Can i compensate my cardio by just eating more?
    Am i over training in general?

Im currently 160lbs but want to hit 180 by xmas

(FYI my current diet is about 3200 calories daily with about 300g coming from proteins spread over 5-6meals a day. I take supplements, but no roids!!! :-P)

Any opions or advice appreciated
    Last edited by DKIDD; 08-09-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: newbie to the site

JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For bulking you obviously want to be taking in more calories than you are burning. First get you maintenace caloric intake and add about 500 calories per day.
    Last edited by JBrook; 08-09-2009 at 09:46 AM.