kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kyle07d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

hamstring to quad ratio

im slowly recovering and finishing my rehabilitation from a torn hamstring and was wondering if anyone knew of a great hamstring routine. im not looking for exercises, i know what exercises to do and i have always done them, but it seems as if my quads grow at a much quicker rate than my hammies, which is not helping my hamstring problems. i play football, im going to a be a freshman in college. any help would be great.

kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dunno how different it is for runners but I know for me I'm supposed to be able to keep a 3:2 ratio for quad extension:hamstring extension.
    I'm a marathon runner, and love supplements and strength training.
    PR: 2:35:12 (Boston 09) | 5k PR: 15:42 | Mile PR: 4:14.4

itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have had a strained hamstring before, and what really worked out for me to get back into it was to just continue back on how I did legs before the injury. This meant lowering the weight a great deal when I needed to, but eventually, the hamstring strength caught up with the rest of the body.

Think of it this way, since your quads are perfectly fine and strengthen, they wont strengthen at such a fast rate as your hamstrings will. Since you're hamstring is recovered now, the rate at which it's strength will increase will be a lot more faster due to muscle memory and such, and the fact that it's weak. (Sort of like noob gains for your hamstring). I wouldn't worry too much about trying to keep the ratio etc...

But then again, everyone's different, that's just my 2 cents.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    i am never one to try and use ratios... its all about balance in your training... do sufficient work for both and you will be fine... i have never been one for hamstring injuries...

pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kyle07d View Post
    im slowly recovering and finishing my rehabilitation from a torn hamstring and was wondering if anyone knew of a great hamstring routine. im not looking for exercises, i know what exercises to do and i have always done them, but it seems as if my quads grow at a much quicker rate than my hammies, which is not helping my hamstring problems. i play football, im going to a be a freshman in college. any help would be great.
    Glute-ham raises are great for strengthening your hammies. I've used after recovering from pulled hamstring. I really don't think that there is a real routine for hamstrings, just do what you feel you need to do.

Your quads are always gonna seem to grow faster because there is more muscles making up your quads than the hamstrings.