DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Feedback on Custom Recovery Mix

So using true protein I made an unflavored recovery mix to add to my myofusion post workout. It includes for every 3 scoops:

22.5g Dextrose
    22.5g Maltodextrin
    17g Waxy Maize Starch
    9g BCAAs 4:1:1
    4.5g EAAs
    4.5g Glutamine Peptides
    4.5g L-Arginine
    4.5g Taurine
    added electrolytes

It was kind of difficult to get exactly what I wanted because you can only control the % of the mix and it is in increments of 5, but what do you guys think of this? Anything not needed or anything that true protein has I should add (are the electrolytes good)? I wanted to put in citrulline malate but it just would have made it too expensive. Was also considering Glycerol Monostearate and ALCAR.

Oh, and note the smallest amount of something i can add is 4.5g, and that I have my creatine needs covered through other products.

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jgrate View Post
    So using true protein I made an unflavored recovery mix to add to my myofusion post workout. It includes for every 3 scoops:

22.5g Dextrose
    22.5g Maltodextrin
    17g Waxy Maize Starch
    9g BCAAs 4:1:1
    4.5g EAAs
    4.5g Glutamine Peptides
    4.5g L-Arginine
    4.5g Taurine
    added electrolytes

It was kind of difficult to get exactly what I wanted because you can only control the % of the mix and it is in increments of 5, but what do you guys think of this? Anything not needed or anything that true protein has I should add (are the electrolytes good)? I wanted to put in citrulline malate but it just would have made it too expensive. Was also considering Glycerol Monostearate and ALCAR.

Oh, and note the smallest amount of something i can add is 4.5g, and that I have my creatine needs covered through other products.
    What would your reasoning be for each ingredient? That's probably the most important thing to ask when criticizing your formula. And, by that token...

Why the Arginine and Glutamine?

What's the purpose of those three carbohydrate choices?

You might be going overboard with the carbohydrates and the free-form amino acids.

That's about all I can think of to offer. Otherwise having some carbs, electrolytes, and taurine in a recovery formula makes sense. I'd cut back on the free-form aminos, though, since you'll be consuming this with whey protein; 5g of BCAA and/or EAA or even straight Leucine should be plenty as an addition.
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Serpens Aeon View Post
    What would your reasoning be for each ingredient? That's probably the most important thing to ask when criticizing your formula. And, by that token...

Why the Arginine and Glutamine?

What's the purpose of those three carbohydrate choices?

You might be going overboard with the carbohydrates and the free-form amino acids.

That's about all I can think of to offer. Otherwise having some carbs, electrolytes, and taurine in a recovery formula makes sense. I'd cut back on the free-form aminos, though, since you'll be consuming this with whey protein; 5g of BCAA and/or EAA or even straight Leucine should be plenty as an addition.
    Yeah I was considering scaling back the BCAA 4:1:1 (although I don't think im getting "free form" aminos in myofusion). For carbs, a lot of people go 1:1 on dextrose and malto, and WMS is really controversial right now but I figured id throw in some, mainly so i have all my bases covered. I usually take in 50-75g carbs after a workout so I think this is alright.

And I added glutamine peptides as glutamine is supposed to have a number of benefits including recovery, and arginine for possible volumizing effects but mainly the supposed GH effect.

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    and arginine for possible volumizing effects but mainly the supposed GH effect.
    Arginine won't do this. I would scale back the bcaa or the eaa dose - too much is a waste, your body can only utilize so many amino's at a certain time. The citrulline malate and ALC would make good additions. Otherwise your shake looks ok.

Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    Arginine won't do this. I would scale back the bcaa or the eaa dose - too much is a waste, your body can only utilize so many amino's at a certain time. The citrulline malate and ALC would make good additions. Otherwise your shake looks ok.
    Hmm, do you have any links or stuff that arginine doesn't do that stuff? If not thats ok, but would 4.5g of ALCAR be too much at once? thats the minimum i can really add.

Gonna bump this, this is what I'm leaning to now, thinking I might splurge on adding CM

22.5g Dextrose
    22.5g Maltodextrin
    17g Waxy Maize Starch
    4.5g BCAAs 4:1:1
    4.5g EAAs
    4.5g Glutamine Peptides
    4.5g Citrulline Malate
    4.5g Taurine
    4.5g either L-Arginine, Glycerol Monostearate, or ALCAR
    added electrolytes

Which would you guys choose out of those 3? Note it has to be 4.5g.

anyone?

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gonna bump this, this is what I'm leaning to now, thinking I might splurge on adding CM

22.5g Dextrose
    22.5g Maltodextrin
    17g Waxy Maize Starch
    4.5g BCAAs 4:1:1
    4.5g EAAs
    6.0g Glutamine Peptides
    4.5g Citrulline Malate
    4.5g Taurine
    3.0g ALCAR
    added electrolytes

Which would you guys choose out of those 3? Note it has to be 4.5g.
    This ^^^

Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    This ^^^
    Thanks, but like I said it has to be 4.5g of something (I know, inconvenient, but it's how it works out)

Is 4.5g of ALCAR too much? Would arginine or GMS be better at that level? Or I could use that space to bump up glutamine peptides from 4.5 to 9g