sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need some clean tips

I started doing cleans. I am having a hell of a time getting the form down. What I am struggling with most is getting under the weight. I can't seem to get under fast enough, and when I do get under it I dont have any balance. Is it bad form to have my feet to lift off the groung on the snap under? I think I am getting my arms up alright because I have red marks on my shoulders afterward from the weight landing on my shoulder. What do you guys focus on when snapping under the bar?
    every bb dies, but not every bb lives, you only got one chance to make something out of our bodies...brothers lets make it count

oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: need some clean tips

Originally posted by sallystrothers
    I started doing cleans. I am having a hell of a time getting the form down. What I am struggling with most is getting under the weight. I can't seem to get under fast enough, and when I do get under it I dont have any balance. Is it bad form to have my feet to lift off the groung on the snap under? I think I am getting my arms up alright because I have red marks on my shoulders afterward from the weight landing on my shoulder. What do you guys focus on when snapping under the bar?
    Your legs should come off the ground during the lift, if that is what you are asking. Stick your elbows out when you catch the bar, thrust your hips forward as the bar moves up, your arms shouldn't be doing any of the lifting, the your wrists should "roll" around the bar right before you catch it, are some things to focus on.

sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sallystrothers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok so legs come off the gound then. That feels better anyway and it helps me snap under better. I read an article that said to keep feet on the ground at all times during the lift. I can usually get my elbows up, and it forces my hands to open, so the bar is under 2 fingers resting on my shoulder. What is the best way to work on balance at the bottom of the lift right after you catch the bar? Someone suggested doing squats with the bar in front.
    every bb dies, but not every bb lives, you only got one chance to make something out of our bodies...brothers lets make it count

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump to oark's post. Try to move the bar straight up your body. A lot of people's cleans ressemble a reverse curl way too much. You need to rotate your wrists around the bar and get under it.

Front Squats will help you get used to the bottom position of the clean. You should probably preform high pulls to help you get the first part of the movement down as well.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche