CityWater22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Body building with very mild cerebral palsy

Hi I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help me out I'm 17 about 120 bout 5"11 and live with mild cerebral palsy. I want to start bodybuilding for better health, more confidence, and just a overall better life. Problem is I don't know how to start out or what to do. I can do squats, push ups, I have a set of 5 or 10 pound dumbbells not really sure how much they weight. I do have a gym subscription but really don't go anymore.

I had a look at the beginning workout plan on here, only problem is i cant do many of them. So I'm kinda stuck and frustrated I want to be ripped I MEAN RIPPED not just toned I know i can do it if i get in a plan that i can actually do. Also the only problem I have is with my legs but upper body is completely fine. My balance is weak i have to walk with a cane for support but i can walk without it for a period of time plus my hamstrings are TIGHT i try to stretch everyday.

My home workout so far consist of stretching, squats, push ups (regular and with workout ball) by the way can you guys help me out with how many sets and reps per set of each of these exercises I should be doing for maximum results. I also know that i need to gain weight but i don't really know how to do it correctly. A chart or something would be great.

Gaining Muscle MASS is my main goal I just don't know how to approach it correctly. I plan to start going back to the gym soon. Tips from you guys would be awesome. Also if any of you know a website or something that has to deal with bodybuilding and Cerebral Palsy and could post a link here it would be much appreciated.

bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bf80255 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    u need to talk to a physician or a trainer or actually both dont take advice from anyone here or risk injury.
    "The worst thing i could be is just like everyone else."

There is a village where the barber shaves all those and only those who do not shave themselves. Who shaves the barber?

JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^ this. definitely consult a physician..
    I rep back.

Originally Posted by bf80255 View Post
    u need to talk to a physician or a trainer or actually both dont take advice from anyone here or risk injury.
    I understand that look I'm just looking for some tips my parents really wont do anything about it I've took physical therapy before, I've talked about getting a trainer but they really don't listen and I'm sick of just sitting here doing nothing with my life. I do appreciate the concern though.

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    What do you mean when you say "mild" CP? I can give you some advice on this, I just need to know what's up.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

Ruter19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruter19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruter19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CityWater22 View Post
    Hi I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help me out I'm 17 about 120 bout 5"11 and live with mild cerebral palsy. I want to start bodybuilding for better health, more confidence, and just a overall better life. Problem is I don't know how to start out or what to do. I can do squats, push ups, I have a set of 5 or 10 pound dumbbells not really sure how much they weight. I do have a gym subscription but really don't go anymore.

I had a look at the beginning workout plan on here, only problem is i cant do many of them. So I'm kinda stuck and frustrated I want to be ripped I MEAN RIPPED not just toned I know i can do it if i get in a plan that i can actually do. Also the only problem I have is with my legs but upper body is completely fine. My balance is weak i have to walk with a cane for support but i can walk without it for a period of time plus my hamstrings are TIGHT i try to stretch everyday.

My home workout so far consist of stretching, squats, push ups (regular and with workout ball) by the way can you guys help me out with how many sets and reps per set of each of these exercises I should be doing for maximum results. I also know that i need to gain weight but i don't really know how to do it correctly. A chart or something would be great.

Gaining Muscle MASS is my main goal I just don't know how to approach it correctly. I plan to start going back to the gym soon. Tips from you guys would be awesome. Also if any of you know a website or something that has to deal with bodybuilding and Cerebral Palsy and could post a link here it would be much appreciated.
    im no doctor, let me reiterate, IM NO DOCTOR, but if you want to work out, don't hurt yourself, do what you can to start off, if pushups and squats work for you, maybe you should do those along with those stretches you previously mentioned until you get medical clearance. No one here wants to see you get hurt, and with that said, i would seriously make a trip to the clinic and see what your doctor says you can and can't do. I've seen a person with cerebral palsy and my school, some days she was walking with the assistance of crutches (the ones that clip around your wrists), and some days i've seen here in a rascal scooter deal. If you want to get serious about it make sure your medically capable of doing this!

thats just one mans two cents worth, best of luck!!
    Lift big to get big!

there is no try, there is only do where i'm from

Smile

Originally Posted by the1satanfears View Post
    What do you mean when you say "mild" CP? I can give you some advice on this, I just need to know what's up.
    My hamstrings are very tight, causing my balance to be weak, causing me to walk with a cane I try to work on my legs daily My case of is very mild the only way u can notice it is my cane and i kinda walk stiff legged because hamstrings are tight i can lift weights, walk up and down stairs without my cane i basically walk without it at home Trust me its not a Severe CP i go to a public school I take regular classes. Hope this helps It's nothing like what you guys are thinking if i get strong enough 1 day I will be able to walk without a cane completely.

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    My hamstrings are very tight, causing my balance to be weak, causing me to walk with a cane I try to work on my legs daily My case of is very mild the only way u can notice it is my cane and i kinda walk stiff legged because hamstrings are tight i can lift weights, walk up and down stairs without my cane i basically walk without it at home Trust me its not a Severe CP i go to a public school I take regular classes. Hope this helps It's nothing like what you guys are thinking if i get strong enough 1 day I will be able to walk without a cane completely.
    Well, if it's really just in your hamstrings, I think you can get away with basic lifting. The thing is, I'm nervous telling you to use anything other than machines right now. I think you need to strengthen and loosen up your hamstrings before you can think about using free weights. You never know when you could have a muscle spasm, and at least with machines, the weight isn't on top of you.

Smith Machine may also be beneficial should you want to work on those lifts as it would have safety stoppers for you.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500) CMoneyFreshh is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well, if it's really just in your hamstrings, I think you can get away with basic lifting. The thing is, I'm nervous telling you to use anything other than machines right now. I think you need to strengthen and loosen up your hamstrings before you can think about using free weights. You never know when you could have a muscle spasm, and at least with machines, the weight isn't on top of you.

Smith Machine may also be beneficial should you want to work on those lifts as it would have safety stoppers for you.
    the1satanfears transforms to thegoodsamaritan. repped for your integrity.

Thank you for the advice i appreciate it very much I am aware that I will probably need to build my legs up before i go into any serious lifting It's just i don't really have control of the money situation at home. I was going to therapy 2 to 3 times a week and i went in a pool to build my leg strength and worked on machines for about 3-4 months but i had to stop going because the insurance was up so I've kinda been stuck here doing nothing i went up to the gym at my shcool for about 2-3 months but winter break hit and i just kinda gave up, plus my bro's going off to college so no one can really take me anymore.

Thank you for the advice i appreciate it very much I am aware that I will probably need to build my legs up before i go into any serious lifting It's just i don't really have control of the money situation at home. I was going to therapy 2 to 3 times a week and i went in a pool to build my leg strength and worked on machines for about 3-4 months but i had to stop going because the insurance was up so I've kinda been stuck here doing nothing i went up to the gym at my shcool for about 2-3 months but winter break hit and i just kinda gave up, plus my bro's going off to college so no one can really take me anymore.
    There are body weight exercises you can do to train your legs. Glute-Ham raises, squats, calf raises, etc. What you need to make sure you do with things that hit your hamstrings is that you have a way out of the exercise should your muscles spasm.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) A.W.O.L. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wrist Curls. :P

Originally Posted by A.W.O.L. View Post
    Wrist Curls. :P
    i do those

SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    a nice pullup/dip station would be good to have at your place
    MSC

Best Raw Total: 1405