coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really weak after leg days...normal?

I do my legs once a week every thursday, and I manage to hit them pretty hard with squats... about 6 sets of 5-7 reps. My legs take forever to recover, about 6 days until I flex them without feeling anything. During those 6 days I feel really weak. Normally I can do 20+ pushups like nothing, but during those days I can only do 5-10 pushups and I feel out of breath and weak. This isn't just my pushups either but other endurance-related activities. Strangely, this only affects my endurance...my lifts don't seem to be suffering. Is this normal? It's really annoying that I can only feel top of my game 1-2 days out of the week.

SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Legs are largest muscle that gets exercised, so it takes the longest to recover. When I started, it took a month for legs to recover after my first squatting session.

IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by coolbeans30gs View Post
    I do my legs once a week every thursday, and I manage to hit them pretty hard with squats... about 6 sets of 5-7 reps. My legs take forever to recover, about 6 days until I flex them without feeling anything. During those 6 days I feel really weak. Normally I can do 20+ pushups like nothing, but during those days I can only do 5-10 pushups and I feel out of breath and weak. This isn't just my pushups either but other endurance-related activities. Strangely, this only affects my endurance...my lifts don't seem to be suffering. Is this normal? It's really annoying that I can only feel top of my game 1-2 days out of the week.
    CNS fatigue. Take a break and lower volume once you return.

allenlolxD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol 5-10 pushups =P
    but no, it's not normal? or maybe you hit your core hard when you squat and that's affecting your endurance?

.Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SemperFudge View Post
    Legs are largest muscle that gets exercised, so it takes the longest to recover. When I started, it took a month for legs to recover after my first squatting session.
    How the fuck were your legs sore for a month, strong recovery

Originally Posted by IEatPowerRacks View Post
    CNS fatigue. Take a break and lower volume once you return.
    I dont think OP fatigued his cns after one session of 6 sets of light squats
    "Every great achievement was once considered impossible."

-----Best lifts-----
    Squat: 395x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Deadlift: 430x6
    ------------------

5/3/1 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125248671

Reps for posting

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    eat more
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "Take the pain pill" as our president would say.

Hey are you also doing cardio daily?? Your legs do need a complete rest ya know.
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    eating more/resting more. sore legs shouldn't affect your other lifts.
    MSC

Best Raw Total: 1405

TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheChase has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    eat more and sleep more and you'll do fine.
    ~Barefooters Crew~

It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sleeep and eaaaaat and KICK YOUR DOOOG AND BEAT YOUR MOM RAWWWRRRRR

coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolbeans30gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha, what the hell. I just came back to repost, and some idiot, 'c', negged me? -99999 rep from 'one' post? Honestly, this forum has some retarded people in it. First person to neg me was some racist black guy (he's banned now) who negged me for posting a positive topic about Japanese girls, and now, negged for seeking some advice to help my training? Honestly, grow the **** up.. it's a forum. Pretty ****ty when you get downed for just doing your thing. /rant

Anyways, yeah..maybe I'm over training. I see people recover in 3-4 days, but it always takes me a whole week! Maybe I'm pushing myself too hard in the gym and over doing it? I tend to have a pretty scarey face on and I sweat and force out my last reps pretty hard. I usually don't see people go that far while lifting, they just walk around a bit afterwards and act like it's nothing. I'm usually sloped over, whooped, breathing hard. also, I tried eating more but I just gained fat really fast. I didn't like how my love handles popped out so fast after I spent months getting them down. BTW thanks for the advice everyone.
    Last edited by coolbeans30gs; 08-06-2009 at 09:38 PM.

CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJ_Guns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You just got mod negged? damn bro.

And I had a killer leg workout on Tuesday, did cardio Wednesday for the FAIL, woke up this morning and had trouble descending my stairs....

Originally Posted by CJ_Guns View Post
    You just got mod negged? damn bro.

And I had a killer leg workout on Tuesday, did cardio Wednesday for the FAIL, woke up this morning and had trouble descending my stairs....
    You're telling me mods pick on members who seek advice in a manner that co-ops with the forum guidelines?

Negative reputation should be given if the person is posting something that detracts from the conversation. If the post is rude, inappropriate, breaks forum rules, is not gracious, etc; these are all good reasons to give negative reputation. If you have a personal grudge with someone, their team, etc, is it not appropriate to give them negative reputation for no reason. Giving negative reputation because you don't agree with what was said is not an appropraite use of the reputation system. People are entitled to their own opinions, and just because you don't agree doesn't mean the user was wrong or not contributing to the conversation.
    Nice.

Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    man when i first started to squat i could barely walk. Now i barely feel it the next day. Took about 3 weeks to get there.

kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It'll hit you hard at first because when you do squats, lunges etc. you work so many muscles that you don't hit on a normal day without them, all the stabilizers and all. It'll leave you really tight feeling but it does go away after some good time doing it consistently. And your legs will feel pretty explosive when the pain goes away too.
    I'm a marathon runner, and love supplements and strength training.
    PR: 2:35:12 (Boston 09) | 5k PR: 15:42 | Mile PR: 4:14.4

Do you think I should cut back my training a bit and extend my rest days, or should I continue like I have been and hope my body adjusts? BTW, I've only been doing this for about 50 days.

kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcurran will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn if it's been hurting even after 50 days of doing it that's pretty bad. I would just cut back one set on squats and see how you feel. If that doesn't work try resting a bit longer on the legs since there's so many muscles involved in squats.

Just an observation, maybe because you only work them once a week and it's been I'm guessing 7 weeks your body is still adapting to it. That is a good workout of squats you've got going on, the soreness is probably a good thing, but never for that long :P
    I'm a marathon runner, and love supplements and strength training.
    PR: 2:35:12 (Boston 09) | 5k PR: 15:42 | Mile PR: 4:14.4

shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) shot_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    suck it up,
    your fine.

Originally Posted by kcurran View Post
    Damn if it's been hurting even after 50 days of doing it that's pretty bad. I would just cut back one set on squats and see how you feel. If that doesn't work try resting a bit longer on the legs since there's so many muscles involved in squats.

Just an observation, maybe because you only work them once a week and it's been I'm guessing 7 weeks your body is still adapting to it. That is a good workout of squats you've got going on, the soreness is probably a good thing, but never for that long :P
    No. XD I mean I started lifting 50 days ago. I do legs once a week.

NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Somethings not right here.... whats your diet like?

Squats kill me too, I hurt for a couple of days but am ready to do them again in about 4 days, and I can still do upper body fine.

Post up what an average days diet looks like, I am guessing thats the cause of your problem.

Registered User EatMarkers4lunch's Avatar
    EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    stretch afterwards and drink lots of water grab a couple ice packs for afterwards. The next day do some swimming or light cardio seems to help with soreness.
    Rugby brah
    Former S&T brah
    IB in NY 2014 *hit me up if you are in NY

Dont eat for a month till ur about 130 pounds with no muscle. Go shop at ambercrombie and fitch, buy $80 shirts, $120 dollar pants, and $50 dollar thong sandles. Jell ur hair up like a pretty boy. Dress like a flaming homosexual. Have your parents buy you a bmw. And most importantly walk around like you have a dik up ur azz and talk with a lisp...You do that and you'll get more beaver than a mountain man

It varies since I'm not always doing the same thing, but here's what the majority of my diet is.

4 cups of Fat Free Milk (2 cups before bed 2 cups in the morning)
    2 cups of Powdered Fat Free Milk with shake
    2x 1 Scoop of 100% Whey (one for second breakfast one after workout)
    2/3 cup Steel Cut Oats (morning or afternoon)
    2 Tablespoons of Wheat Germ
    3 Fish Oil pills or 2 Tablespoons of Ground Flaxseed
    4 slices of Wheat Bread (whenever...usually with shakes)
    2 Tablespoons of peanut butter (with the bread)

The rest is usually just whatever's for dinner, which I'll adjust the serving according to my day/food. The family usually cooks pretty healthy, but I usually try to aim for about 3,500 calories...I recently cut it down to 2,600 though after seeing some fat gains.

Originally Posted by EatMarkers4lunch View Post
    stretch afterwards and drink lots of water grab a couple ice packs for afterwards. The next day do some swimming or light cardio seems to help with soreness.
    I used to do this a lot, but even with light static streching after a 5 minute warm up...it seemed to make my muscles feel more sore/stiff after I cooled down.

i'm just throwing this out, but my second guess would be my test levels. My progress isn't as fast as other peoples and my muscles are kind of soft. In fact, I was always considerably weak throughout my life and I'm sure me being a computer junky didn't help me out. My dad and my mom are both pretty muscular with good muscle building genetics, and they've never lifted a weight in their life... look at my pic. Ugh.
    Last edited by coolbeans30gs; 08-06-2009 at 10:56 PM.

SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to do this a lot, but even with light static streching after a 5 minute warm up...it seemed to make my muscles feel more sore/stiff after I cooled down.
    you should be doing dynamic stretches before you lift and static afterwards
    MSC

Best Raw Total: 1405

NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000)
    It varies since I'm not always doing the same thing, but here's what the majority of my diet is.

4 cups of Fat Free Milk (2 cups before bed 2 cups in the morning)
    2 cups of Powdered Fat Free Milk with shake
    2x 1 Scoop of 100% Whey (one for second breakfast one after workout)
    2/3 cup Steel Cut Oats (morning or afternoon)
    2 Tablespoons of Wheat Germ
    3 Fish Oil pills or 2 Tablespoons of Ground Flaxseed
    4 slices of Wheat Bread (whenever...usually with shakes)
    2 Tablespoons of peanut butter (with the bread)

The rest is usually just whatever's for dinner, which I'll adjust the serving according to my day/food. The family usually cooks pretty healthy, but I usually try to aim for about 3,500 calories...I recently cut it down to 2,600 though after seeing some fat gains.
    OK.... you need to eat some protein
    Chicken, fish, eggs
    Also that seems really low in calories
    Are you trying to cut a lot of weight?

Originally Posted by NZDarren View Post
    OK.... you need to eat some protein
    Chicken, fish, eggs
    Also that seems really low in calories
    Are you trying to cut a lot of weight?
    2/3 cup of steel cut oats with wheat germ is like 600 calories and 30g protein which boosts me a lot. Usually dinner will have some sort of beef/chicken in it, so it's not as high as I'd want but it's about 1g/1lb weight. Calories are 2,600+ after dinner...

I also sleep 8-9 hours a day, so that's not it either. I take zma and melatonin to make sure of it.
    Last edited by coolbeans30gs; 08-06-2009 at 11:06 PM.

lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilhubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The overall loss of strength in your body could be because your legs are so large a muscle group and when you work them, they are burning more calories than your regular diet supplies you with.

Once after a particularly intense leg workout, my quads gave out while trying to exit gym stairs, and i would have fallen had my arms not been so sexy lol.