Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phumfeinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist pain during push-ups

Hey folks.

Nearly two months ago I injured my wrist thanks to going overboard on one of those 'grip strengthener' things. You know, the things with the handles that you squeeze together. I was going far too quickly and at the end my wrist was very sore.

Over the next couple of weeks the pain got pretty bad. I couldn't bend my wrist much at all, and I'd wake up during the night because of it.

Anyway, it's nearly 2 months later and whilst the pain has all but gone - I can move and bend it without trouble, can lift weights, etc - it's still not 100%.

The problem is when I do push-ups my wrist begins to hurt, and I have to stop. The other wrist is fine. I can do them no problems if I support myself with my fists, it's when the wrist is bent at that 90-degree angle it starts to hurt.

Common sense says to just do them that way then, but I'm planning on joining the Army, and you have to do them the old-fashioned way.

I would go to a doctor, but I'm on holiday (backpacking Australia) and I can't afford it. 'Who needs holiday insurance' eh.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Phumfeinz; 08-06-2009 at 02:37 AM.

TheTank03 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTank03 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTank03 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTank03 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTank03 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTank03 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTank03 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just give it some more rest and ease back into doing push ups. I completely broke my wrist a few years ago had to get a plate and some screws took me awhile to be comfortable doing pushups and even now it still hurts on occasion just keep working on flexibility and you should get there fine.

Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    perfectpushupDOTcom

I bought a pair of these for $20 at Walmart, no dvd or anything just the 2 devices and a guide. TRUST ME you get all the workout you need without any wrist pain AT ALL. I'm not a TV pitchman just a guy who had wrist pain like you do. It's important that you keep your wrists healthy for other activities...

Registered User drewalksonwater's Avatar
    drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drewalksonwater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ice it every two hrs then see how it feels, go to the doctor if it feels bad still. If you don't want to go to a doctor then just wear wrist sleeves or wrap them before doin push ups

paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when I used to do gazillions of pushups, my wrist could get inflammed for no reason, causing a problem with bending 90deg. Then it would go away. Just do the pushups with fists for now, or one hand flat, and the other fisted. I suspect a tendon / ligament gets inflamed, and takes time to subside.

MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) MareNostrum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel you man, my wrists get sore but its from using the computer so much. Naturally, wrists just aren't meant for being bent at 90 degree angles.

bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluebomber85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a bad wrist and I usually have to wear wrist wraps for exercises like benching where there is a fair amount of stress put on it. push ups also bother my wrist, but if i wrap it up tight it usually doesn't give me any trouble. Supplement-wise you should try animal flex..