Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just noticed this about my shoulders

They tend to be kinda forward. As in, my back is not straight when standing. My spine is straight, and i stand tall, my shoulders just seem to kind be more forward than they should.

like this http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/img...g/image009.jpg

when they should be like this
    http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/img...g/image007.jpg

why is this?

i don't neglect back workouts either.

LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50) LastRule will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Walk upright? Don't hunch?

Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dextrine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LastRule View Post
    Walk upright? Don't hunch?
    i do walk upright and i never hunch. my posture is good, it's just my shoulders that seem to be forward. it's odd

George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deep muscles need more work.

I was like that, had shoulder surgery, afterwards I needed to strengthen all the deep muscles that deal with posture. The exercises actually helped a lot.

SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperFudge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been like the first pic all my life... that won't screw up anything right?

When I pop my shoulders back, I look much bigger but get looks from people and I assume they're thinking "look at this wannabe tough guy", so that's why I keep them forward.
    Last edited by SemperFudge; 08-05-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000)
    You just need to hit your traps and rear delts a little hard. I've felt that behind-the-neck shoulder presses help that area a lot, along with bent-over lateral raises.

AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Too mush push exercises done (bench press, overhead press, etc.) Focus on rowing movements now (BB Row, pull up..) and do reverse flies with dumbbells sitting on the bench. Your posture is good but no balance between push and pull muscles and the weaker muscles of the back can't keep your shoulders straight..
    Shoulder rehab! :(

Started at 110lbs, now at 130, going for 155lbs!!!

Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but no-one wants to lift heavy ass weights!
    -Ronnie Coleman

Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brandon1010 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dextrine View Post
    They tend to be kinda forward. As in, my back is not straight when standing. My spine is straight, and i stand tall, my shoulders just seem to kind be more forward than they should.

like this http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/img...g/image009.jpg

when they should be like this
    http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/img...g/image007.jpg

why is this?

i don't neglect back workouts either.

I actually have the same problem, shoulders are foward more than they are supposed to be. Do you find when you try and fix them and put them in the right place it feels awkward? I went to my doctor and she told me it was just posture and it can be fixed over time.
    A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. -David Brinkley

M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50) M0tive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whats happening is that your chest is more developed than your back and is therefore pulling the shoulders forward.

I had this problem for many many years and it was only when I tore a deep muscle in my back when I played hockey that I didn't have a choice but to develop the **** outta the stabilizers and main muscles in the upper back.

The best excersize I found were the DB rows/reverse flys/lat pulls.

Those were the main 3 I focused on for 4-6 months and my shoulders fell into place.
    If you look good, you'll feel good. If you feel good, you'll play good... the game of life.
    -Brad McNiel

***If you don't stand behind our troops ... Feel free to stand infront of them***

George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fat_chicks_rock View Post
    Internal rotation. Bad... very bad.

If you really want to fix it then you need to really cut back on chest work for a few weeks as well soubling your back work and ALWAYS making sure your posture is right.

Now, more importantly (and more likely you will ignore what I say...) You need to look into some deep tissue massage of the pecs. Or at the very least, press your pecs on a tennis ball into a wall and work on the knots around there. Also, strech your pecs heavily everyday.

But as per usualy, advice that works tends to get ignored around here.
    The massage helps a lot, got it at phys therapy...that **** felt great too.

Tennis ball is exactly what they told me to do at home on days I didn't have PT haha.

rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im like that too... and yes it sucks
    12% Atm.

Originally Posted by SemperFudge View Post
    I've been like the first pic all my life... that won't screw up anything right?

When I pop my shoulders back, I look much bigger but get looks from people and I assume they're thinking "look at this wannabe tough guy", so that's why I keep them forward.
    same to me

Originally Posted by Brandon1010 View Post
    I actually have the same problem, shoulders are foward more than they are supposed to be. Do you find when you try and fix them and put them in the right place it feels awkward? I went to my doctor and she told me it was just posture and it can be fixed over time.

yeah, it does feel awkward

Originally Posted by fat_chicks_rock View Post
    Internal rotation. Bad... very bad.

If you really want to fix it then you need to really cut back on chest work for a few weeks as well soubling your back work and ALWAYS making sure your posture is right.

Now, more importantly (and more likely you will ignore what I say...) You need to look into some deep tissue massage of the pecs. Or at the very least, press your pecs on a tennis ball into a wall and work on the knots around there. Also, strech your pecs heavily everyday.

But as per usualy, advice that works tends to get ignored around here.
    where can i get deep tissue massage? how much would it cost?

Registered User richardvincenzo's Avatar
    richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardvincenzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It could be a natural inbalance, if its that bad- you could maybe contact a doctor or someone??

Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teq-BB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol these guys are fools. Dude I have the same problem as you, what you do is stick your chest out a bit more and put your shoulders back. Your body will adjust to it, well atleast mine did

ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000) ShNiGG is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had the same thing all my life.

Hopefully it will work it self out as I've always killed my back every workout. Back is definitely my favorite workout.
    One life

hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem. not that i dont work back but i guess my pushing is just stronger.

Facepulls and rear flyes along with conciously keeping your shoulders retracted has been helping though.