Thread: cut or bulk?

Supervillian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cut or bulk?

I am just getting into working out and everything, I am 18 5'9" and weigh 153, i have 12-13 percent body fat, but abs dont show(is this cause lack of muscle?) Should i bulk or cut. and how many calories, protein, carbs and fats should i be taking in if cutting or bulking.

Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bulk.

13% @ 153lbs makes your LBM is 133 lbs which is very little muscle for 5'9"

Definitely bulk.

what should my calories and protein, fat , carbs look like if bulking? and should i stop cardio if bulking?

Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liverano is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Supervillian View Post
    what should my calories and protein, fat , carbs look like if bulking? and should i stop cardio if bulking?
    Maybe start with 2500, 40%/40%/20%

What is your diet in this moment?

is on that pizza diet bodydropcris's Avatar
    bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea if you are 12% and have no abs, you have no muscle!

today i had
    5 Egg whites
    cup of oats
    Shake with milk

Pre work out:
    yogurt
    Almonds
    Clif builder bar

Post workout:
    2 grilled chicken breast with romaine lettece
    almonds
    100% whey with water and cellmass

and 2 table spoons of peanut butter a few moments ago

I think i had round 1600 cals wit 150 something protien 135 carbs and like 60 fat

today i had
    5 Egg whites
    cup of oats
    Shake with milk

Pre work out:
    yogurt
    Almonds
    Clif builder bar

Post workout:
    2 grilled chicken breast with romaine lettece
    almonds
    100% whey with water and cellmass

and 2 table spoons of peanut butter a few moments ago

I think i had round 1600 cals wit 150 something protien 135 carbs and like 60 fat
    1600 is wayyyy below maintenance. Up it, bro.

I also work out 5 days a week and run every morning

I also work out 5 days a week and run every morning
    Exactly. You're eating below maintenance as it is. Exercise not included.

Every here the stories about how Michael Phelps eats? If you want to keep up that much exercise you're going to have to eat like a mad man.

A lot of people are going to say ditch the cardio, if it's important for you to continue running you're going to have to double what you're eating. Have you considered anything to help supplement your macros? Whey, Cassien, Cyto Gainer?

i just bought casein today, imma drink it before bed. but im taking ON 100% whey and cell mass. So 2500 wit 40 40 20 right

i just bought casein today, imma drink it before bed. but im taking ON 100% whey and cell mass. So 2500 wit 40 40 20 right
    Whole milk replacing the water in your shakes will help immensely.

isnt the saturated fat in whole milk bad for me

isnt the saturated fat in whole milk bad for me
    No. Eating 1600 calories a day is though, lol.

lol okey, 40/40/20. That would be 1000 cals in pro and carbs and 500 in fats. just asking cuz the fats sounds high

lol okey, 40/40/20. That would be 1000 cals in pro and carbs and 500 in fats. just asking cuz the fats sounds high
    2500 may even be too low if you are as active as you say you are. You're really going to have to listen to your body, search other bulking logs on here too for users with similiar stats.

40/40/20 is appropriate during a bulk. Just make sure the fats are good fats. Olive Oil, Meats, etc, not twinkies.

Play with fitday or something similar to balance out your macro's and tweak some things you already like. A lot of times it's tweaks in the current diet (adding milk, pb, a shake) that make things achievable rather then a total overhaul of things you don't like/haven't tried.