bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much muscle does pushup/pull ups build?

So i got this little exercise equipment where i can do dips/pushups/pullups on it. Just wondering how much muscle do body weight exercises build? Right now im recovering from back injury so i can't go to the gym for a while, i only do cardio at the moment and also dips/pushups/pullups for exercise. I haven't lifted in about almost a year and im getting back into it starting with simple exercises.

porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bobackwards View Post
    So i got this little exercise equipment where i can do dips/pushups/pullups on it. Just wondering how much muscle do body weight exercises build? Right now im recovering from back injury so i can't go to the gym for a while, i only do cardio at the moment and also dips/pushups/pullups for exercise. I haven't lifted in about almost a year and im getting back into it starting with simple exercises.
    Once you can do more than 15 reps it just build endurance
    so probably not that much tbh

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It will build muscle.

However, you will need additional resistance soon to keep progression moving.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it will build loads of muscle assuming you can continue adding weight. Belt or backpack can help you add weight on dips and pullups, and a backpack can help you add weight on pushups. Also you can change grips and hand positions on all 3 exercises to increase the difficulty. Also, decline and plyometric pushups.

jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jim95608 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bobackwards View Post
    get to where you can do them regularly then get a weighted belt. Otherwise IMO one of the best workouts for tri's/chest/back respectively
    "Aut Vincere Aut Mortis"

Either to Conquer or Die!!!!!

Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think that doing those exercises could serve as a great way for you to get some of your strength back, and eventually transition into heavier resistance training. It is a good way for you to maintain some muscle, but obviously you wont be able to get the same results that training with free weights at a gym could give you.

Still a productive option for your current situation though.

mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000)
    42, your answer is 42... Pushup/Pull ups build 42 muscle.
    -
    --
    ---
    --
    -

My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119275261

"The only cardio you do is runnin' your mouth" - mpenix

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nclark44 View Post
    I think that doing those exercises could serve as a great way for you to get some of your strength back, and eventually transition into heavier resistance training. It is a good way for you to maintain some muscle, but obviously you wont be able to get the same results that training with free weights at a gym could give you.

Still a productive option for your current situation though.
    Totally agree. The OP couldn't have picked a better way to deal with his goals at present.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/ these guys only do leveraged versions of what you are doing. On dip bars, on pull up bars, on the floor, on the walls etc.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    Totally agree. The OP couldn't have picked a better way to deal with his goals at present.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/ these guys only do leveraged versions of what you are doing. On dip bars, on pull up bars, on the floor, on the walls etc.
    From that website... it seems they are really just piggy-backing off of crossfit. such a shame.
    -
    --
    ---
    --
    -

My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119275261

"The only cardio you do is runnin' your mouth" - mpenix