Tigerman_87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chicken Marinade!

Hello everybody! I am looking for a good chicken marinade for my chicken breast.
    I just bought 3 lbs of chicken breast, and my plan is to marinade it all over night, and then put it in the crock pot all day the next day so it stays super juicy ( it would sort of turn into pulled chicken). Then I can use this for a lot of my meals, like a pulled chicken sandwich or put it in a quesadilla or tacos. Basically I am looking for a basic marinade that will give it an all around savory flavor. Any ideas?

rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rloupe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tigerman_87 View Post
    Hello everybody! I am looking for a good chicken marinade for my chicken breast.
    I just bought 3 lbs of chicken breast, and my plan is to marinade it all over night, and then put it in the crock pot all day the next day so it stays super juicy ( it would sort of turn into pulled chicken). Then I can use this for a lot of my meals, like a pulled chicken sandwich or put it in a quesadilla or tacos. Basically I am looking for a basic marinade that will give it an all around savory flavor. Any ideas?
    I use McCormicks roast rub. It is made for beef but tastes great on chicken. They make some for chicken too but it isn't as flavorful. It has no fat or calories. However, it does have a lot of sodium. So I guess it depends on your goals. It tastes great though. It has rosemary and thyme and a lot of other spices.

Don't run out of juice Bakers Man's Avatar
    Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How about sweet as well as savory Used one 2 nights ago for some duck that was amazing.

Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lashiec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use a lot of curry paste, an ounce of it with a chicken breast and a bunch of cut up veggies = amazing! Plus, there are a lot of varieties of curry paste, so I never get tired of the stuff. Yesterday was Massaman curry paste, amazing stuff. Green paste is also another of my favorites.

johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I made some pulled chicken last night, and here's what I did.

Filled a pot with water, added the chicken breast, and added some salt/pepper/bbq spice rub (Grill Mates)/onion power and boiled and cooked the chicken. I then drained about 85% of the water, and added 2 tbsp of bbq sauce. I let this cook and simmer and bubble and shred away for at least another 35 mins until there was just a little bit of liquid left. I finished shredding, added another tbsp or 2 of bbq sauce and mixed up. Came out AWESOME.

mcole600588 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just use any type of italian dressing to marinate my chicken. It tastes really good. However, I prob should step outside the box every once in a while.

kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mcole600588 View Post
    I just use any type of italian dressing to marinate my chicken. It tastes really good. However, I prob should step outside the box every once in a while.
    Ms Dash has a good no salt marinate.
    A Wiseman once said: "Don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who's who."

Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't......

Tigerman_87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Puddle_Pirate View Post
    How about sweet as well as savory Used one 2 nights ago for some duck that was amazing.
    Sweet and savory would be a great mix! I have some good seasonings, but basically I don't know what to use for the base of the marinade. Chicken Broth?

Don't run out of juice Bakers Man's Avatar
    Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tigerman_87 View Post
    Sweet and savory would be a great mix! I have some good seasonings, but basically I don't know what to use for the base of the marinade. Chicken Broth?
    I'm not too knowledgeable in the marinading art as of yet, but for the duck I used this. Isn't sweet and savory in one pkg, but just sweet and delicious I suppose.

Maple Ginger Marinade

3/4C maple syrup
    1/3C molasses
    1/2C brown sugar
    juice of 1 lime
    1/2t salt
    1T ginger
    1T cinnamon
    1/4t ground cloves