gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gilbert87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What kind of milk for bulk?

Milk is a huge part of my diet. I try to drink about 3-4 litres per day.

I'm on a bulk, I weigh about 175 right now and I'm trying to get to 190-200.

What kind of milk should I drink? I currently drink skim, would 2% or whole milk be better? Or is the fat content not particularly important?

psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000)
    i personally drink whole raw milk when im on a bulk. It has more fats, but since the cows are all grass fed it has a higher percentage of cla and omega 3s. Not to mention that since its not pasteurized it has the probiotics that are also available in yogurt.

clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like hood 1% milk. It more protein and stuff. Tastes like whole.
    Arnolds Six Rules of Success
    1. Trust yourself.
    2. Break the rules.
    3. Don't be afraid to fail.
    4. Don't listen to the naysayers.
    5. Work your butt off.
    6. It's about giving back.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you wanna breathe, then you'll be successful."

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whole raw milk for the win

AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamCloet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Flexxo View Post
    Whole raw milk for the win
    yeah most calorie dense.
    CEO of www.BlueStarNutraceuticals.com
    Get em @ bodybuilding.com HERE http://bit.ly/STMvq
    Coming soon SupplementCeo.com
    Follow me on Twitter @adamcloet
    Add me to your ******** !!

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    WHole would give you 80+g of saturated fat
    which dare I say isnt exactly healthy
    Get low fat and eat some PB
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gilbert87 View Post
    Milk is a huge part of my diet. I try to drink about 3-4 litres per day.

I'm on a bulk, I weigh about 175 right now and I'm trying to get to 190-200.

What kind of milk should I drink? I currently drink skim, would 2% or whole milk be better? Or is the fat content not particularly important?
    Holy crap that's a lotta milk!

I'd split the diff and say 2%. Whole is too filling for me to drink all day...ESPECIALLY in the summer.

psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    its only unhealthy if its coming from diseased cows who are fed hormones and are living in their own poo.

get whole milk from grass fed cows, and plus when its raw, you get the beneficial probiotics.. health benefits of raw milk have been proven, and its the most calorie dense so great for bulking

conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by psaljoug View Post
    its only unhealthy if its coming from diseased cows who are fed hormones and are living in their own poo.

get whole milk from grass fed cows, and plus when its raw, you get the beneficial probiotics.. health benefits of raw milk have been proven, and its the most calorie dense so great for bulking
    really? i was under the impression we need to limit our sat fat intake because it increases the risk of heart desease or something.. lol... and if he's bulking im sure he'll be getting a lot of sat fat from other sources... but i could be wrong...

elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50) elzachary will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    go with organic milk. More CLA=more muscles and fat loss.
    All energy is only borrowed, one day we have to give it back.

Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000)

OH really doctor? Is that right?

I'd go with 1%. I don't think you need all that fat in your diet, even if you are bulking.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by conflictsd View Post
    really? i was under the impression we need to limit our sat fat intake because it increases the risk of heart desease or something.. lol... and if he's bulking im sure he'll be getting a lot of sat fat from other sources... but i could be wrong...
    Myth on saturated fats...Read: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...1eac____Google

conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    but i found one too.. it's a small study but interesting... who knows how bad sat fat is.. could be a myth... better safe then sorry maybe?

http://www.naturalnews.com/020637.html

mama didnt raise no fool dentonate's Avatar
    dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000) dentonate is just really nice. (+1000)
    breast FTW.

think im crazy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQViVszchAA

minute 220
    Bulk, Bulk, Bulk

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)

Where are these published??

No hate, I seriously am considering buying a share of a cow to get raw milk and dunno if I want to or not.
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    SATURATEDFAT
    Objective: To compare postprandial whole-body fat oxidation rates in humans, following high-fat (43% of total energy) mixed breakfast meals, of fixed energy and macronutrient composition, rich in either monounsaturated fat (MUFA) from extra virgin olive oil or saturated fat (SFA) from cream.
    Design: Paired comparison of resting metabolic rate (RMR), thermic effect of a meal and substrate oxidation rates following consumption of isocaloric breakfast meals, differing only in the type of fat, administered in random order 12 weeks apart.
    Subjects: Fourteen male volunteers, body mass index (BMI) in the range 2032 kgm2, aged 2449 y and resident in Melbourne, Australia, were recruited by advertisement in the local media or by personal contact.
    Measurements: Body size and composition was determined by anthropometry and dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA). Indirect calorimetry was used to measure RMR, thermic effect of a meal, post-meal total energy expenditure and substrate oxidation rate. Blood pressure and pulse rates were measured with an automated oscillometric system. Fasting and 2 h postprandial glucose and insulin concentrations and the fasting lipid profile were also determined.
    Results: In the 5 h following the MUFA breakfast, there was a significantly greater postprandial fat oxidation rate (3.084.58 g5 h, P=0.017), and lower postprandial carbohydrate oxidation rate (P=0.025), than after the SFA breakfast. Thermic effect of a meal was significantly higher (55 kJ5 h, P=0.034) after the MUFA breakfast, in subjects with a high waist circumference (HWC 99 cm) than those with a low waist circumference (LWC<99 cm). This difference was not detected following the SFA breakfast (P=0.910).
    Conclusion: If postprandial fat oxidation rates are higher after high MUFA, rather than SFA meals, then a simple change to the type of dietary fat consumed might have beneficial effects in curbing weight gain in men consuming a relatively high-fat diet. This may be particularly evident in men with a large waist circumference.
    Serum sterol responses to increasing plant sterol intake from natural foods in the Mediterranean diet.
    Escurriol V, Cof?n M, Serra M, Bull? M, Basora J, Salas-Salvad? J, Corella D, Zazpe I, Mart?nez-Gonz?lez MA, Ruiz-Guti?rrez V, Estruch R, Ros E.
    Lipid Clinic, Endocrinology and Nutrition Service, Institut d'Investigacions Biom?diques Ausgust Pi Sunyer (IDIBAPS), Hospital Cl?nic, C. Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain.
    BACKGROUND: Phytosterols in natural foods are thought to inhibit cholesterol absorption. The Mediterranean diet is rich in phytosterol-containing plant foods. AIM OF THE STUDY: To assess whether increasing phytosterol intake from natural foods was associated with a cholesterol-lowering effect in a substudy of a randomized trial of nutritional intervention with Mediterranean diets for primary cardiovascular prevention (PREDIMED study). METHODS: One hundred and six high cardiovascular risk subjects assigned to two Mediterranean diets supplemented with virgin olive oil (VOO) or nuts, which are phytosterol-rich foods, or advice on a low-fat diet. Outcomes were 1-year changes in nutrient intake and serum levels of lipids and non-cholesterol sterols. RESULTS: Average phytosterol intake increased by 76, 158 and 15 mg/day in participants assigned VOO, nuts and low-fat diets, respectively. Compared to participants in the low-fat diet group, changes in outcome variables were observed only in those in the Mediterranean diet with nuts group, with increases in intake of fibre, polyunsaturated fatty acids and phytosterols (P < 0.020, all) and significant (P < 0.05) reductions of LDL-cholesterol (0.27 mmol/l or 8.3%) and the LDL/HDL-cholesterol ratio (0.29 mmol/l or 11.5%). Variations in saturated fat, cholesterol or fibre intake were unrelated to LDL-cholesterol changes. In the whole group, changes in serum sitosterol-to-cholesterol, which reflect those of dietary phytosterol intake and absorption, correlated inversely to LDL-cholesterol changes (r = -0.256; P = 0.008). In multivariate analyses, baseline LDL-cholesterol, increases in serum sitosterol ratios and statin use were independently associated with LDL-cholesterol reductions. CONCLUSIONS: Small amounts of phytosterols in natural foods appear to be bioactive in cholesterol lowering.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you seen the studies on Peanut Oil?

Dietary n-3 and n-6 fatty acids alter avian metabolism: metabolism and abdominal fat deposition.
    Newman RE, Bryden WL, Fleck E, Ashes JR, Buttemer WA, Storlien LH, Downing JA.
    Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Camden, NSW, Australia. ronaldn@camden.usyd.edu.au
    The effects of dietary saturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) of the n-3 and n-6 series on weight gain, body composition and substrate oxidation were investigated in broiler chickens. At 3 weeks of age three groups of chickens (n 30; ten birds per group) were fed the fat-enriched experimental diets for 5 weeks. These diets were isonitrogenous, isoenergetic and contained 208 g protein/kg and 80 g edible tallow, fish oil or sunflower oil/kg; the dietary fatty acid profiles were thus dominated by saturated fatty acids, n-3 PUFA or n-6 PUFA respectively. Resting RQ was measured in five birds from each treatment group during weeks 4 and 5 of the experiment. There were no significant differences between treatments in total feed intake or final body mass. Birds fed the PUFA diets had lower RQ and significantly reduced abdominal fat pad weights (P<0.01) compared with those fed tallow. The dietary lipid profile changes resulted in significantly greater partitioning of energy into lean tissue than into fat tissue (calculated as breast lean tissue weight:abdominal fat mass) in the PUFA groups compared with the saturated fat group (P<0.01; with no difference between the n-3 and n-6 PUFA groups). In addition, the PUFA-rich diets lowered plasma concentrations of serum triacylglycerols and cholesterol. The findings indicate that dietary fatty acid profile influences nutrient partitioning in broiler chickens.
    A study to be published in the August 15 edition of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology shows that eating a single meal high in saturated fats effectively blocks the beneficial effects of HDL cholesterol (i.e., "good" cholesterol), and reduces the normal functioning of arteries.
    Researchers from the Cleveland Clinic studied 14 healthy volunteers, having them eat two separate meals, one month apart. One meal was high in saturated fat (delivered, in this experiment, via coconut oil), and the other was high in polyunsaturated fat (safflower oil). Within three hours of eating the meal high in saturated fat, measurements showed that the ability of the arteries to dilate normally was significantly reduced. In addition, the investigators found that within six hours of eating the meal high in saturated fat, the protective effects of HDL cholesterol were reduced. Specifically, after the high-saturated-fat meal, substances that cause inflammation were increased in the walls of the arteries - an effect that is normally blocked by HDL cholesterol. After the meal consisting of polyunsaturated fat, however, the anti-inflammatory properties of HDL cholesterol were boosted.
    Compared With Dietary Monounsaturated and Saturated Fat, Polyunsaturated Fat Protects African Green Monkeys From Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis
    Presented in part at the Pennington Biomedical Research Symposium on Nutrition, Genetics, and Heart Disease, Baton Rouge, La, March 12-14, 1995.
    Lawrence L. Rudel; John S. Parks; Janet K. Sawyer
    From the Departments of Comparative Medicine and Biochemistry, Bowman Gray School of Medicine of Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
    Correspondence to Lawrence L. Rudel, Department of Comparative Medicine, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1040.
    Abstract Atherogenic diets enriched in saturated, n-6 polyunsaturated, and monounsaturated fatty acids were fed to African green monkeys for 5 years to define effects on plasma lipoproteins and coronary artery atherosclerosis. The monkeys fed polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat had similar plasma concentrations of LDL cholesterol, and these values were significantly lower than for LDL in the animals fed saturated fat. Plasma HDL cholesterol concentrations were comparable in animals fed saturated and monounsaturated fat and were significantly higher than in animals fed polyunsaturated fat. Thus, the monounsaturated fat group had the lowest LDL/HDL ratio. LDL particle size was largest in the saturated and monounsaturated fat groups, significantly larger than in the polyunsaturated fat group. LDL particle enrichment with cholesteryl oleate was the greatest in the animals fed monounsaturated fat, next greatest in the saturated fat?fed animals, and was least in the polyunsaturated fat?fed animals. Coronary artery atherosclerosis as measured by intimal area was less in the polyunsaturated fat compared with the saturated fat groups, was less in the animals fed polyunsaturated fat compared with the monounsaturated fat?fed animals, but did not differ between the monounsaturated and saturated fat groups. Cholesteryl ester, particularly cholesteryl oleate, accumulation in the coronary arteries was also similar between groups fed monounsaturated and saturated fat but was minimal in the animals fed polyunsaturated fat. In sum, the monkeys fed monounsaturated fat developed equivalent amounts of coronary artery atherosclerosis as those fed saturated fat, but monkeys fed polyunsaturated fat developed less. The beneficial effects of the lower LDL and higher HDL in the animals fed monounsaturated fat apparently were offset by the atherogenic shifts in LDL particle composition. Dietary polyunsaturated fat appears to result in the least amount of coronary artery atherosclerosis because it prevents cholesteryl oleate accumulation in LDL and the coronary arteries in these primates.
    Effects of saturated and polyunsaturated dietary fat on the concentrations of HDL subpopulations in African green monkeys
    J Babiak, FT Lindgren and LL Rudel
    Department of Comparative Medicine, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27103.
    The effect of the type of dietary fat on the concentrations and compositions of high density lipoprotein (HDL) subpopulations was studied in groups of African green monkeys consuming 40% of calories as fat supplied as saturated fat (P/S = 0.3) or polyunsaturated fat (P/S = 2.2) in the presence of either 0.8 mg or 0.03 mg cholesterol/kcal. Plasma HDL cholesterol concentrations were lower in polyunsaturated fat- fed animals. The distribution of mass among HDL subfractions was assessed by analytic ultracentrifugation (AnUC), density gradient ultracentrifugation (DGUC), and polyacrylamide gradient gel electrophoresis (GGE). This made it possible to characterize and quantitate the HDL subpopulations HDL2b, HDL2a, HDL3a, HDL3b, and HDL3c (arranged in order of decreasing particle size and decreasing cholesterol content). Polyunsaturated fat-fed animals had lower concentrations of the large, cholesterol-rich HDL2b subpopulation, as well as higher concentrations of intermediate size HDL (HDL2a and HDL3a on the high cholesterol diet; HDL3a and HDL3b on the low cholesterol diet). Consistent with the observed fat-related redistribution of HDL mass, the saturated fat-fed monkeys had higher apo A-I/apo A-II ratios. The larger HDL often contained detectable apo E; however, the concentration of apo E in HDL was low in both saturated and polyunsaturated fat-fed animals. Thus, compared to saturated fat, dietary polyunsaturated fat induced the formation of smaller size HDL subpopulations and, therefore, an overall lower cholesterol content per particle for plasma HDL. Prednisone increases low density lipoprotein in cynomolgus monkeys fed saturated fat and cholesterol
    Founder of MMDELAD

WH Ettinger, RC Dysko and TB Clarkson
    Department of Internal Medicine, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
    Cynomolgus monkeys were given prednisone to determine its effects on lipoprotein metabolism and other risk factors for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. After 1 month of oral prednisone, the mean total plasma cholesterol (TPC) concentration increased from 240 +/- 36 to 476 +/- 78 mg/dl (p less than 0.01) in animals fed a diet containing 36% of calories as fat (polyunsaturated/monounsaturated/saturated, 1.0:3.9:4.1) and cholesterol (0.39 mg/kcal). The increase in TPC was due to higher concentrations of the apolipoprotein B (apo B)-containing lipoproteins, particularly low density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL cholesterol concentrations also increased in animals fed a diet containing saturated fat and 0.25 mg/kcal of cholesterol, as well as in animals fed monkey chow. Kinetic studies of LDL indicated both an increased flux of apo B into LDL and a decrease in the fractional catabolic rate of LDL. Mean high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL- C) concentration decreased from 48 +/- 8.2 to 14 +/- 4 mg/dl, p less than 0.001, in animals fed fat and cholesterol, but there was no significant change in HDL-C in animals fed monkey chow. Blood pressure, fasting serum glucose, and anthropometric measures did not change after 7 months of prednisone therapy. Prednisone increases LDL concentration in the cynomolgus monkey. This animal may be a good model for studying corticosteroid dyslipoproteinemia, and possibly atherosclerosis, in an immunosuppressed host.

SATURATED FAT (Wikipedia)
    Related diseases
    Cardiovascular diseases
    Diets high in saturated fat are correlated with an increased incidence of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease according to a number of studies, both in African green monkeys[3] and humans, such as a study of infant diets [4], 22 hypercholesterolemic men [5][6][7] Some studies have suggested that diets high in saturated fat increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. Epidemiological studies have found that those whose diets are high in saturated fatty acids, including lauric, myristic, palmitic, and stearic acid, had a higher prevalence of coronary heart disease.[8][9][10][11] Additionally, controlled experimental studies have found that people consuming high saturated fat diets experience negative cholesterol profile changes.[4][12][13][14] A 2003 meta-analysis published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition concluded that diets high in saturated fat might adversely affect cholesterol profiles.
    Experiments in which subjects were randomly assigned to either Mediterranean or a control diet (which replaces saturated fat with mono and polyunsaturated fat) showed that subjects assigned to a Mediterranean diet exhibited a significantly decreased likelihood of suffering a second heart attack, cardiac death, heart failure or stroke.[15][16]
    Some studies about saturated fat
    OBJECTIVE: The associations between animal protein or fat and risk of pancreatic cancer have been reported previously with inconsistent results. A population-based case-control study of pancreatic cancer was conducted in the San Francisco Bay Area to examine these associations. METHODS: A semi-quantitative food-frequency questionnaire was administered to 532 cases and 1,701 controls between 1995 and 1999. Odds ratios (OR) and 95% confidence intervals (CI) were computed as estimates of the relative risk of pancreatic cancer. RESULTS: When comparing highest versus lowest levels of intake in multivariable adjusted models, positive associations were observed for several beef/lamb and individual animal protein items, including beef/lamb as a main dish (OR = 2.2, 95% CI: 1.0-4.5), regular hamburger (OR = 1.7, 95% CI: 1.2-2.4), whole eggs (OR = 1.6, 95% CI: 1.0-2.4), butter (OR = 2.4, 95% CI: 1.6-3.5), and total dairy not including butter (OR = 2.6, 95% CI: 1.8-3.7). Some high-fat/processed-meat products (i.e., sausage, salami, bacon), but not all (i.e., beef, pork, or poultry hot dogs), also were positively associated with risk. An inverse association was noted for greater chicken/turkey consumption (OR = 0.7, 95% CI: 0.5-1.0). The risk comparing the highest versus lowest quartiles for fats and cholesterol consumption were: total fat (OR = 1.6, 95% CI: 1.2-2.1); animal fat (OR = 1.9, 95% CI: 1.4-2.5); saturated fat (OR = 1.9, 95% CI: 1.4-2.6); monounsaturated fat (OR = 1.3, 95% CI: 1.0-1.8); and dietary cholesterol (OR = 1.5, 95% CI: 1.1-2.0, all p-trends < or = 0.02). CONCLUSIONS: These data provide some evidence that beef or lamb, eggs, dairy, fat, or cholesterol may increase the risk of pancreatic cancer.
    OBJECTIVE: to know the prevalence of healthy or potentially unhealthy food intake in the population insured by the Mexican Institute of Social Security. MATERIAL AND METHODS: food intake was obtained from frequency questionnaires classified as healthy (HF) or potentially unhealthy food (PUF), and according to its nature and frequency consumption. The prevalences according to age groups were obtained for <1 year old and every five years until 19; then, they were recorded by decades, sex, location and place of residence, with or without coast. RESULTS: in the first year of age, the consumption of HF is low, and the intake of PUF starts, with industrialized juices and soft drinks. Between the first and the ninth year of age, the consumption of HF increases; however, the intake of PUF increases too; there is not a significant intake of red meat, eggs and fish. Throughout adolescence, HF intake and diversity increases, although PUF consumption is higher too. In adults and senior citizens, the kind of HF most frequently consumed were cereals and leguminous plants, but they barely ate fruits and vegetables. The HF of greatest consumption were those of animal origin, and the riskiest ones were very greasy daily products with saturated fat, as well as soft drinks. We found that the population living in the Pacific coast consumes more sea food than the one living in the Gulf coast. We also found that, as people get older, the intake of PUF decreases. CONCLUSION: in the first years of life, the proper intake of meat, eggs and fish should be promoted, as well as the consumption of HF and the decrease of food with refined sugar, saturated fat or salt.
    Whether the consumption of egg yolk, which has a very high cholesterol content without excess saturated fats, has deleterious effects on lipid metabolism is controversial. Absorbed dietary cholesterol enters the bloodstream as chylomicrons, but the effects of regular consumption of large amounts of cholesterol on the metabolism of this lipoprotein have not been explored even though the accumulation of chylomicron remnants is associated with coronary artery disease (CAD). We investigated the effects of high dietary cholesterol on chylomicron metabolism in normolipidemic, healthy young men. The plasma kinetics of a chylomicron-like emulsion, doubly-labeled with 14C-cholesteryl ester (14C-CE) and 3H-triolein (3H-TG) were assessed in 25 men (17-22 y old, BMI 24.1 +/- 3.4 kg/m2). One group (n = 13) consumed 174 +/- 41 mg cholesterol/d and no egg yolk. The other group (n = 12) consumed 3 whole eggs/d for a total cholesterol intake of 804 +/- 40 mg/d. The nutritional composition of diets was the same for both groups, including total lipids and saturated fat, which comprised 25 and 7%, respectively, of energy intake. Serum LDL and HDL cholesterol and apoprotein B concentrations were higher in the group consuming the high-cholesterol diet (P < 0.05), but serum triacylglycerol, apo AI, and lipoprotein (a) did not differ between the 2 groups. The fractional clearance rate (FCR) of the 14C-CE emulsion, obtained by compartmental analysis, was 52% slower in the high-cholesterol than in the low-cholesterol group (P < 0.001); the 3H-TG FCR did not differ between the groups. Finally, we concluded that high cholesterol intakes increase the residence time of chylomicron remnants, as indicated by the 14C-CE kinetics, which may have undesirable effects related to the development of CAD.
    Founder of MMDELAD

RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SATURATEDFAT
    . "Variations in saturated fat, cholesterol or fibre intake were unrelated to LDL-cholesterol changes." Read the studies you post.

And like I said, have you seen the studies on Peanut Oil?

EDIT: Dude, all these studies you're pulling out of your ass aren't proving ANYTHING.

The_Pumpest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always wonder a lot about drinking milk or consuming it with other foods. Female cows are often pregnant when they are milked. And, even when they are not, they still release a lot of ESTROGEN into the milk they produce.

Milk has a very high estrogen content, and I am not sure how this affects bodybuilding. I am quite curious about how ingesting estrogen would affect testerone levels.

Nonetheless, I love fat free milk because it goes down easily. It has a viscosity closer to water, making it easy to drink or eat with cereal.

MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd drink a gallon of cream a day if I could haha. I always get into trouble around the beginning of November till around mid January, because it's egg nog season. Perfect time for a bulk! Nothin' like a spoonful of creatine in a big glass of egg nog post workout.

Drink whichever percentage best helps you meet your calorie and fat/carb/protein levels...

Originally Posted by conflictsd View Post
    http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...5e74d970b-.png

take a look at that graph. And if you have ever been to europe you would see that the saturated fat stuff is a myth. I have spent alot of time in france, belgium, and italy. They put mounds of butter and cheese on everything. They eat really fatty organ meats in france too, but they have a fraction of the heart disease we have.

The difference is that the animal products they are eating are fresh and from healthy animals. In the US, the animal products, particularly beef is from grain fed cows, who are sick, fed hormones and antibiotics, and live in CAFOs where they are standing in their feces. Not to mention the animal products are not fresh at all and have often been sitting in packaging for weeks.

They say you are what you eat. It seems obvious that eating a sick animal cannot be healthy. This is just my opinion, but after seeing how people in europe eat, and seeing that they are perfectly healthy, I find it hard to believe that saturated fat is as bad as it is said to be. I came across this blog entry, which does a good job of explaining it.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/satur...thy/#more-6008