sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dextrose VS. Waxy Maize Starch

which is better for glycogen replenishment post-workout?

waxy maize is supposedly much better but does it live up to the hype?
    "My poetry's deep I never fell, Nas' raps should be locked in a cell, it ain't hard to tell"

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dextrose
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they are good on an individual level. They do the same thing but dextrose can cause bloating in some and others may not like WMS. So its all personal preference but they do the same thing.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by svillasenor View Post
    they are good on an individual level. They do the same thing but dextrose can cause bloating in some and others may not like WMS. So its all personal preference but they do the same thing.
    Wrong

WMS is a slow release carb. How about you know what your talking about before you speak?

Originally Posted by WillBrink
    Holy marketing spin Batman!!!!. This is the same study I wrote about in my article comparing WMS to white bread for MD:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c.../view/1451/51/

First the sellers of waxy maize claim it?s faster absorbing then malto, dextrose and other high GI carb sources, and when this study (and others...) showed that not to be the case, they do a 180 and now claim its benefit is as a slow digesting low GI carb??!!

It's called marketing folks. You claim one thing, and when all the studies show it's BS, you simply change your claims!

Now lets see how many of the buying public fall for this....:banghead:

I hate to say I told you so, BUT I TOLD YOU SO!

Read this with a critical eye, and you will easily see the spin at work:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

University Study Shows Waxy Maize Starch Study Could Serve as Slow, Sustained Energy Source Low Glycemic Carb Could Help Fuel Military Personnel, Endurance Athletes

Irvine, CA ? July 30, 2009? Purdue University researchers may have found a new use for an old starch?waxy maize starch?to offer sustained energy delivery to military personnel and endurance athletes.

Waxy maize starch, called ?waxy? because of the appearance of the kernel under cross section, was brought from China to the US in the early 1900s. In the study, published in the current issue of Nutrition Research, waxy maize starch was compared to a mixture of maltodextrin and sugars, and to white bread. The study confirmed previous studies showing waxy maize starch to be slowly digested and absorbed, producing a much smaller increase in blood sugar and insulin.

?Waxy maize starch appears to provide slow, sustained delivery of energy to the body,? offered sports nutrition researcher Chad Kerksick, PhD of the University of Oklahoma Department of Health and Exercise Science. ?These new findings confirm what we have seen in our study comparing waxy maize starch to maltodextrin.?

In the Purdue study twelve lean and fit young men and women received a 50 gram dose of carbohydrates supplied by white bread, waxy maize starch, or a maltodextrin and sucrose mixture (approximately 3:1 ratio), on three different days. Blood glucose and blood insulin responses to the carbohydrate sources were followed for four hours, along with measurements of calorie burning rate and subjective measurements of appetite and fullness.

The study performed an assessment of the glycemic index, a measure of the excursion of blood sugar relative to a ?control? carbohydrate, white bread, and a fast digesting and absorbing carbohydrate source, maltodextrin plus sugar, at 2 and 4 hours after ingestion. At 2 hours, maltodextrin plus sugar achieved a glycemic index of 163, waxy maize starch had a value of 63, and white bread 71. The blood insulin response, influenced by how fast the carbohydrate was digested and absorbed, was 3.5 times higher, and substantially faster in the first hour with maltodextrin plus sugar, and 1.6 times higher with white bread, relative to waxy maize starch. None of the carbohydrate treatments differed in their influence on hunger, appetite, or calories burned.

?This study with waxy maize starch directly refutes what numerous sport nutrition product companies are claiming?that waxy maize starch is fast absorbing and raises insulin sharply,? described Susan Kleiner, PhD, RD, director of High Performance Nutrition, LLC in the Seattle area, and the author of the best selling book Power Eating, Third Edition. ?It actually may be best suited for long endurance exercise or for persons who experience blood sugar fluctuations, as blood sugar did not drop below the starting point 4 hours after waxy maize starch but did with maltodextrin plus sugars,? added Dr. Kleiner.

?Although an exercise endurance test was not performed, we and other researchers have shown that at least over a 2 hour period, waxy maize starch does not enhance endurance performance over maltodextrin,? added Dr. Kerksick. ?What would be interesting to explore is whether waxy maize starch would shine in ultra-endurance training or competition, in events lasting 4 hours or more. This may be why the military had an interest.?

This study was funded by the US Army, Natick Soldier Research Development & Engineering Center, Combat Feeding Program in Natick, MA.
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marauder63 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dextrose Ftw have close to 10lbs sitting in my closet

Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    Wrong

WMS is a slow release carb. How about you know what your talking about before you speak?

Holy marketing spin Batman!!!!. This is the same study I wrote about in my article comparing WMS to white bread for MD:

First the sellers of waxy maize claim it?s faster absorbing then malto, dextrose and other high GI carb sources, and when this study (and others...) showed that not to be the case, they do a 180 and now claim its benefit is as a slow digesting low GI carb??!!

It's called marketing folks. You claim one thing, and when all the studies show it's BS, you simply change your claims!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

University Study Shows Waxy Maize Starch Study Could Serve as Slow, Sustained Energy Source Low Glycemic Carb Could Help Fuel Military Personnel, Endurance Athletes

Irvine, CA ? July 30, 2009? Purdue University researchers may have found a new use for an old starch?waxy maize starch?to offer sustained energy delivery to military personnel and endurance athletes.

Waxy maize starch, called ?waxy? because of the appearance of the kernel under cross section, was brought from China to the US in the early 1900s. In the study, published in the current issue of Nutrition Research, waxy maize starch was compared to a mixture of maltodextrin and sugars, and to white bread. The study confirmed previous studies showing waxy maize starch to be slowly digested and absorbed, producing a much smaller increase in blood sugar and insulin.

?Waxy maize starch appears to provide slow, sustained delivery of energy to the body,? offered sports nutrition researcher Chad Kerksick, PhD of the University of Oklahoma Department of Health and Exercise Science. ?These new findings confirm what we have seen in our study comparing waxy maize starch to maltodextrin.?

In the Purdue study twelve lean and fit young men and women received a 50 gram dose of carbohydrates supplied by white bread, waxy maize starch, or a maltodextrin and sucrose mixture (approximately 3:1 ratio), on three different days. Blood glucose and blood insulin responses to the carbohydrate sources were followed for four hours, along with measurements of calorie burning rate and subjective measurements of appetite and fullness.

The study performed an assessment of the glycemic index, a measure of the excursion of blood sugar relative to a ?control? carbohydrate, white bread, and a fast digesting and absorbing carbohydrate source, maltodextrin plus sugar, at 2 and 4 hours after ingestion. At 2 hours, maltodextrin plus sugar achieved a glycemic index of 163, waxy maize starch had a value of 63, and white bread 71. The blood insulin response, influenced by how fast the carbohydrate was digested and absorbed, was 3.5 times higher, and substantially faster in the first hour with maltodextrin plus sugar, and 1.6 times higher with white bread, relative to waxy maize starch. None of the carbohydrate treatments differed in their influence on hunger, appetite, or calories burned.

?This study with waxy maize starch directly refutes what numerous sport nutrition product companies are claiming?that waxy maize starch is fast absorbing and raises insulin sharply,? described Susan Kleiner, PhD, RD, director of High Performance Nutrition, LLC in the Seattle area, and the author of the best selling book Power Eating, Third Edition. ?It actually may be best suited for long endurance exercise or for persons who experience blood sugar fluctuations, as blood sugar did not drop below the starting point 4 hours after waxy maize starch but did with maltodextrin plus sugars,? added Dr. Kleiner.

?Although an exercise endurance test was not performed, we and other researchers have shown that at least over a 2 hour period, waxy maize starch does not enhance endurance performance over maltodextrin,? added Dr. Kerksick. ?What would be interesting to explore is whether waxy maize starch would shine in ultra-endurance training or competition, in events lasting 4 hours or more. This may be why the military had an interest.?

This study was funded by the US Army, Natick Soldier Research Development & Engineering Center, Combat Feeding Program in Natick, MA.

good read....BRB switching from WMS to Dextrose. I get my slow digesting carb from whole food sources 1-1.5 hours after my post workout Whey/Carb shake.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrPHF View Post
    good read....BRB switching from WMS to Dextrose. I get my slow digesting carb from whole food sources 1-1.5 hours after my post workout Whey/Carb shake.
    Buy cytofuse or get negged.

New slogan?

-Spurgeon

Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Twin Towers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy cytofuse or get negged.

New slogan?

that shiz was tasty

Talking

that shiz was tasty
    That's what she said?
    -Spurgeon

That's what she said?

svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wrong

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

good read, thanks, I didnt mean the do the same as far as quickness in replenishing, I just made a vague statement that they do replenish in general. I just dont use dextrose cause it bloats me up rather badly. Reps for good read tho.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sdbolts512 View Post
    which is better for glycogen replenishment post-workout?

waxy maize is supposedly much better but does it live up to the hype?
    Why don't you just consume whole foods? Any carbs are going to replenish glycogen. Slow digesting carbs are better than fast anyways (even then the GI changes when mixed with other sources)
    Last edited by nano.ix; 08-03-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

Originally Posted by nano.ix View Post
    Why don't you just consume whole foods? Any carbs are going to replenish glycogen. The rate at which is does is irrelevant (assuming your looking for high GI sources).
    I was sure you were supposed to have quick digesting carbs immediately post and then slow digesting for the next whole foods meal for replenishment of glycogen stores

-KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why don't you just consume whole foods? Any carbs are going to replenish glycogen. The rate at which is does is irrelevant (assuming your looking for high GI sources).
    my understanding is fructose doesn't replenish muscle glycogen, only liver (which is also important) so Dex would be optimal... not to mention it's redonkulously cheap in bulk. And tends to make proteinz shakes taste betta.

Honey is a satisfying source though, I think it's 60/40 fruc/dex
    Blog:
    www.kickingtotalass.com

Latest Bull****:
    www.****PeopleSayOn********.com

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was sure you were supposed to have quick digesting carbs immediately post and then slow digesting for the next whole foods meal for replenishment of glycogen stores
    Originally Posted by -KTA- View Post
    my understanding is fructose doesn't replenish muscle glycogen, only liver (which is also important) so Dex would be optimal... not to mention it's redonkulously cheap in bulk. And tends to make proteinz shakes taste betta.

Honey is a satisfying source though, I think it's 60/40 fruc/dex
    My point was referring to the 'quick digesting carbs' post workout issue. It's not an issue unless you have depleted glycogen - which won't happen unless your are in a fasted state or you are an endurance athlete. Not to mention the digestion rate changes once mixed with any other source, so unless you are consuming dex alone ...

If you want to eat a meal with whole wheat bread, pasta, white bread w/e and a steak by all means do it.

You can read about this here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067
    Last edited by nano.ix; 08-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    -adjective

-nano's guitar

-KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My point was referring to the 'quick digesting carbs' post workout issue. It's not an issue unless you have depleted glycogen - which won't happen unless your are in a fasted state or you are an endurance athlete. Not to mention the digestion rate changes once mixed with any other source, so unless you are consuming dex alone ...

If you want to eat a meal with whole wheat bread, pasta, white bread w/e and a steak by all means do it.

You can read about this more in depth from Alan Aragon's sticky in the nutrition section labeled "Pre/Post workout nutrition".
    I agree it depends on what you eat prior etc.

But also most want to illicit an insulin response of some sort, so they'll go with something like Dextrose. I was pretty sure Aragon's studies supported cho / protein consumption post workout, but i'll have to take another look.... tomorrow. I'm off to bed, 5am workouts rule.

Peace.

Edit took a quick look:
    If you want high GI carbs pre and/or during training, go for it. As time has passed, GI has proven itself to be a worthless, irrelevant index. Insulinogenesis is a separate issue, and slight elevations during & postworkout is a great idea.
    That was what I was getting at ^^^

So buy 8-betaAnabol today, it's great intra & post and in the 25% off sale. /shameless shilling.
    Last edited by -KTA-; 08-02-2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Blog:
    www.kickingtotalass.com

Latest Bull****:

Originally Posted by -KTA- View Post
    I agree it depends on what you eat prior etc.

But also most want to illicit an insulin response of some sort, so they'll go with something like Dextrose. I was pretty sure Aragon's studies supported cho / protein consumption post workout, but i'll have to take another look.... tomorrow. I'm off to bed, 5am workouts rule.

Peace.

Edit took a quick look:

That was what I was getting at ^^^

So buy 8-betaAnabol today, it's great intra & post and in the 25% off sale. /shameless shilling.
    Heres a few discussions on the post-workout insulin spike from Alan. Also note in the last one 'honey ftw'

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=47
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=133
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1875391&page=2
    -adjective

-nano's guitar

Heres a few discussions on the post-workout insulin spike from Alan. Also note in the last one 'honey ftw'

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=47
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=133
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1875391&page=2
    Thanks for the links.

I don't buy into the need for Glycogen restoration like everyone panicks about, espescially since my pre workout meals are rich in carbs. I was mainly speaking about an insulin response, which recently Dextrose has shown to be > WMS. But I suppose there are variables to look at on that as well.

But yeah, I have several jars off honey in the cubard in the offseason for a nice change of pace
    Blog:
    www.kickingtotalass.com

Latest Bull****:

sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdbolts512 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah, that seems to be what a lot of people are telling me. seems like the other two are overhyped
    "My poetry's deep I never fell, Nas' raps should be locked in a cell, it ain't hard to tell"

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Carb load > carb source. In reality, it doesn't really matter. Use what you like, fits your budget and is convenient. I am not a fan of either of these options.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Carb load > carb source. In reality, it doesn't really matter. Use what you like, fits your budget and is convenient. I am not a fan of either of these options.
    Really? lol

Next time, i'll swap out brown rice for cotton candy then....
    -Spurgeon

ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000) ckozeluh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Really? lol

I didn't know I could do that

Thumbs up

Really? lol

It's a tastier alternative.
    -adjective

-nano's guitar

put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy cytofuse, relentless, whey, UP 1.0 and 2.0, or get negged.

New slogan?

Fixed.

Really? lol

I think it is Johnnie Jackson that eats chocolate chip cookies for his carbs. He has the "carb is a carb" mentality as well.

My grandmother is diabetic and has essentially said the same thing as well. I don't know but just throwing that out there.
    Godfather of *Official US Army Thread*

PaulpFiction's Daddy

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really? lol

cotton candy is sucrose. if you are looking for a fast acting carb for pwo, it would be a better choice than brown rice.
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really? lol

Gram for gram of CHO in the PWO window, what's the diff? Carb load really has shown to be more significant. Erik Ledin is a fantastic trainer and gives his clients the option to use the carb of their choice for PWO so long as it fits the allotted grams he wants. Sugary cereals are often chosen. Do you really think dextrose would have an added benefit over cotton candy g for g? While I personally am a fan of more micronutrient rich sources, if you're going to have a carb with no nutritional value, I'd rather have candy than drink a sugar shake.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Gram for gram of CHO in the PWO window, what's the diff? Carb load really has shown to be more significant. Erik Ledin is a fantastic trainer and gives his clients the option to use the carb of their choice for PWO so long as it fits the allotted grams he wants. Sugary cereals are often chosen. Do you really think dextrose would have an added benefit over cotton candy g for g? While I personally am a fan of more micronutrient rich sources, if you're going to have a carb with no nutritional value, I'd rather have candy than drink a sugar shake.
    I do agree on the cereal idea. I have read a few times that milk+cereal has proven much more effective than gatorade.
    -Spurgeon

I do agree on the cereal idea. I have read a few times that milk+cereal has proven much more effective than gatorade.
    I'd rather get a bag of candy, cereal can be pricey in comparison. Skittles, taste the rain-bro
    Blog:
    www.kickingtotalass.com

Latest Bull****:

EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000)
    S'more poptarts