Thread: Chest fat

torbahax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest fat

Ok, im 18 years old and I've had a problem with fat around my chest area for as long as I can remember. The top of my chest is ripped, and im completely happy with it. The bottom, or underneath of my chest however has absolutely no muscle mass to it and is flabby. I've been lifting for about 2 years now, and my chest workouts do have a lot of decline bench/ dumbbell in them, so I have no idea what else to do. My body fat % is 11.4, im 195pds and 5'10. Anyone have any other advice / tips?

LetsGoRedSox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LetsGoRedSox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LetsGoRedSox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i have roughly the same problem... try flies if u havent and maybe dips. if its fat, you just need to up cardio or something to burn it off
    I Rep Back

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals

Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghostspike0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try some cardio and incline chest press
    315 Lbs - August 2011
    260 Lbs - December 2011
    250 Lbs -January 2012

Goal: 230 Lbs September 2012

formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5'10" 195 probably not 11.4 bf. I'm 5'9" 165 and probably 12%...

Anyways, bottom line fat is stored energy. there is gynomastia but not in most cases.. Most cases are higher % body fat. here are a few tips however to help

1. clean up the diet... know why and when to put nutrition into your body.

2. a big strong chest comes in part from a big strong back..make sure your taking your counter muscles as serious.

3. work dumbbell pullovers into your chest workout. they do wonders for chest fat. research that on internet along with inner costal cartilage.

fat goes on quickly and comes off slowly. be patient, be focused, think in terms of months and years, not days and weeks.

best of luck
    FF14
    This above all, to thine own self be true.
    -Shakespeare

www.twitter.com/fitnesschef

9thWonder. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 9thWonder. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by torbahax View Post
    Ok, im 18 years old and I've had a problem with fat around my chest area for as long as I can remember. The top of my chest is ripped, and im completely happy with it. The bottom, or underneath of my chest however has absolutely no muscle mass to it and is flabby. I've been lifting for about 2 years now, and my chest workouts do have a lot of decline bench/ dumbbell in them, so I have no idea what else to do. My body fat % is 11.4, im 195pds and 5'10. Anyone have any other advice / tips?

i used to have the same problem, try dips (weighted) if necessary, and decline bench press. it's harder to develop your lower pecs so keep doing a lot of cardio , and once your in the 10% bf area it should begin to tighten up. Lower chest fat usually comes off once the fat on your arms,legs,hips ect has been burned off. Be patient, and stay consistent with your diet and weight training and everything should come together.

good luck
    "Be proud, but never satisfied."

kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by torbahax View Post
    same problem...40''chest HATE lower chest...
    i dont do decline tho...you should stop doing that, focus on INCLINE...
    INCLINE INCLINE INCLINE itll flatten it (its what ive been told)

torbahax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone for the helpful hints, hopefully I can get rid of that terrible underneath =/

du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i dont see how incline helps get rid of it, all it does is just work the upper chest?

kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you should focus more on inline than flat bench...
    flat bench is what works out the muscle near the nipple area

mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The best way to get rid of that extra fat is to get your body fat down...and the best way to get your body fat down is a caloric deficit. Depending on your genetics, you will lose fat all over your body and eventually your problems areas will decrease. Of course keep lifting the weights and drink the proper amount of protein to maintain your muscle while you are eating less. I guarantee that this will work for you if you do it right. I've had similiar problems and this worked wonders!