leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000)

What exercises can I do for hypertrophy in my arms?

I have an EZ curl bar with up to 360lbs of weight in plates, 2x20lbs dumbbells. and 2x30lbs dumbbells.

Could someone so kindly give me advice on what rep scheme to do for hypertrophy?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by leanmachine22; 08-01-2009 at 02:42 PM.
    Why say the sky is the limit, when there are already footprints on the moon?

U mad cus Im moss'n on U? iGoHam's Avatar
    iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by leanmachine22 View Post
    I have an EZ curl bar with up to 360lbs of weight in plates, 2x20lbs dumbbells. and 2x30lbs dumbbells.

Could someone so kindly give me advice on what rep scheme to do for hyper trophy?
    Thanks!
    3x8 heavy weight

/thread
    It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Psalm 18:32

leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ahasic View Post
    3x8 heavy weight

/thread
    Thanks for the rep scheme, now do you have any tips on what exercises I should be doing?
    Why say the sky is the limit, when there are already footprints on the moon?

iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the rep scheme, now do you have any tips on what exercises I should be doing?
    sure.

Im not sure how effective it would be

since I do my bi's after a back workout and i do my tri's after a chest workout BUT.

3x8 regular preacher curls
    3x8 close grip curls
    3x6 hammer curls with dumbbells

then a set to failure maybe?

make sure u dont have much rest between sets though

standing tricep extension
    3x8
    skull crushers
    3x8
    close grip bench
    3x6

maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I usually do something along these lines

Triceps
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Dips
    Skullcrushers
    Tricep Pushdowns

Biceps
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls
    Barbell Curl
    Chin Ups
    Close grip pulldown

Originally Posted by maxhyp View Post
    I usually do something along these lines

Biceps

Close grip pulldown

uhhh?

maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxhyp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ahasic View Post
    uhhh?
    Yeah it primarily works the lats but it works well for biceps at the same time.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try this routine sometime, doubt you will be able to move your arms properally afterwards.

David Henery - High octane arm workout.

Giant sets are performed in cycles. One cycle consists of performing one set of each bicep exercise back-to-back without rest. Once the cycle is completed take a 5-7 minute rest and repeat the same cycle 2 more times then move onto your triceps. Give each set everything you got untill failure.

You can relly use any 3 exercises for the muscle group and use them back-to-back for 1 giant set but here are some examples:

Biceps

- Seated dumbell curls x 10
    - Machine preacher curls x 10
    - Barbell curls x 10

Triceps

- Close grip bench press x 10
    - Over head dumbell extension x 10
    - Push downs x 10

Good luck on trying to down your protein shake after this i struggled just to lift it up into my mouth. Not to mention i got PEMS from this, it was probally the worst i have ever had, feels good man.

I do this about once per month to relly shock the arms, and it does exctally that.

allenlolxD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    David Henery - High octane arm workout.

why does his skin have so many different tones? fail tanning?

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by allenlolxD View Post
    why does his skin have so many different tones? fail tanning?
    Muscle seperations, Lighting and possibly use of fake tan as well.