ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ph0en1x22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this good or bad advice for getting ripped (see inside)

Hey guys, i recently got a diet plan from a website, My aim is to ruduce my body fat and maintain / build abit of muscle. (basically i want ripped abs) How does this sound what i was sent? Feedback please

''This is arguably the hardest aim to achieve but achievable none the less. The ??catch 22?? is that to effectively build muscle you need to exceed your metabolic rate in terms of calorie intake, to reduce body fat you need to create calorie deficit in order to access fat as an energy source. So to do both we need to create a calorie deficit through a diet compromised from a wealth of anabolic nutrients.

I would suggest a nutritional intake of around 1.5g of protein and carbohydrates per pound of lean bodyweight daily. Alongside this a minimal fat intake as this is the most calorie dense nutrient and the least anabolic of the three.

Fats contain 9 calories/gram and proteins and carbs are 4 calories/gram, alcohol is also 7 calories per gram. These calories from alcohol offer no bio-logical use to the body and so must be burned off for energy, so excessive food intake alongside can cause a problem. These calories should be taken into account alongside your diet. So you could eat twice as much protein and carbs compared to fat and create a greater calorie deficit. The advantage to this is that carbs and protein are the most anabolic nutrients and also the most thermogenic (increase metabolism more). For every 100 calories of protein consumed around 80 are absorbed and it takes 20 calories to digest them. With carbs for every 100 calories consumed around 90 are absorbed and it takes 10 calories to digest them. With fat for every 100 calories of consumed around 98-99 are absorbed and it takes only 1-2 calories for the body to digest them.

Your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is ten times your lean body mass in lbs. Your metabolism is your BMR plus your activity level. For a goal such as building muscle mass your activity level should equate to around 0.7 multiplied by your BMR. On non training day multiply your BMR by 0.5 and it should provide you with an accurate estimate for your activity level. For people with very active jobs you can have a metabolism upto twice your BMR on training days 0.7 on non training days.

So for you, a 180lb man at 14% (based on stats) body fat (154.8lb lean body mass) would need to consume around 230g of both protein and carbs daily, with a fat intake of 30g ish. This offers (230 x 2 x 4) + (30 x 9) = 2110 calories in total. So offers you a calorie deficit of upto 520 calories daily with the required activity level. As you progress to increase or provide continual fat loss reduce carb intake steadily.

The above nutritional intake should be spread over 4-6 meals spaced around 3-4 hours apart. This will also increase metabolism allowing a deficit to be created more easily. I suggest you catalogue your results on a 4-6 weekly basis. From your results you can determine how you may need to alter your nutritional requirements. For example, if you want to increase fat loss then a steady reduction in carbs may be required or even a fat loss product could be used. If you have not received the muscle growth you wanted maybe protein consumption needs to increase and so on. For any help you can always contact me or another staff member via phone or email.

To build and maintain muscle you require a positive nitrogen balance within muscle tissue. Protein is the only food group that contains nitrogen. Muscle is also metabolised protein so this makes protein the most essential nutrient for anabolism. Carbs help maintain nitrogen balance from whole food protein sources and offer physical energy to fuel workouts and general daily life. Carbs are infact the body?s main fuel source for energy expenditure as they convert to glucose much easier than proteins and fats. Complex carbs provide sustained energy over a long period of time as they are much larger more complicated molecules than simple carbs and so the digestion process takes longer. The slow release of complex carbs provides a steady insulin release. More sustained release carbs also help maintain nitrogen from protein sources more effectively, as I earlier explained. Simple carbs are exactly that, simple molecules that are easily broken down and digested very easily. These are released into the bloodstream at a much faster rate and so can have dramatic effects on insulin levels. Insulin levels also determine lipase levels (hormone responsible for fat break down). Simple carbs are most beneficial post workout for glycogen replenishment and insulin response for recovery and anabolism. You can use high fibre food sources to slow the digestion rate of carbs. Fats help provide healthy brain function alongside a calorific deficit. As a rule of ''thumb'' fats that are liquid at room temperature are healthy (unsaturated) and solid fats at room temp are unhealthy (saturated). Unsaturated fats can increase the body?s ability to mobilise fat cells for energy use so these should make up the majority share of your fat consumption.

Protein consume mainly from lean white meats and egg whites, with some extra lean red meat and fish thrown in for variety. Carbohydrates consume from complex fibrous sources to provide you with a sustained release of energy on a lower calorie diet. You will also require a simple carb source for post workout recovery. Fats get from unsaturated sources.

The most carb dense meals will need to be breakfast, pre workout and post workout. I would also suggest consuming the vast majority of carbs through the day as during the evening activity levels will be lower. ''

CWP50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you are vastly overcomplicating it. 99% of this is calorie reduction. The only food composition issues that I believe have any impact are consumption of refined flour and alcohol, both of which convert to sugar and block most of your body's ability to burn fat. So, the bottom line is to find your BMR, adjust for exercize, subtract 750 cals a day for fat loss, and avoid refined flour and alcohol.

This is exactly how I've done it, and I've made remarkable progress in slightly more than three months.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    sounds too low fat
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Kinetic Energy ftw RpplesonFrmiSea's Avatar
    RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For a cut, 50/30/20 P/C/F, with -500 cal from maintainance. The rest seems to make marginal differences aside from pre/pwo nutrition. I also agree with determined4000, looks too low in fat.
    Mortality isn't an issue if you're indestructible.