x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000)

Lyle McDonald's Stubborn Fat Solution

On my last cut, I got very lean...everywhere but my torso, My legs, arms, glutes etc where very vainy and lean but like most people still kept the fat on my torso, anyways I like alot of what Lyle has to say so just wondering if anyone has had any experience with his Stubborn Fat Solution before I spend $40 on it. Also since you save by buying two what is another good one that I could pick up.
    “A lifetime of sacrifice, dedication and eliminating every excuse…that’s what it takes”.

the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000)
    no need to spend money on anything, just take a new approach to cutting. I think you either didnt cut long enough or intense enough to get the last fat deposits off, remember those are always the hardest. Diet manipulation is the key to the very last lbs. what was your diet and workout routine like? People who I have witnessed reache the same plateua on their last ares of fat usually recomp for a few weeks (highering calories, lowering cardio, upping weight lifting intensity) and then revert back to cutting and the body reacts well. but there are of course many factors involved, it would be helpful to know some of your stats etc.

x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by the59sound View Post
    no need to spend money on anything, just take a new approach to cutting. I think you either didnt cut long enough or intense enough to get the last fat deposits off, remember those are always the hardest. Diet manipulation is the key to the very last lbs. what was your diet and workout routine like? People who I have witnessed reache the same plateua on their last ares of fat usually recomp for a few weeks (highering calories, lowering cardio, upping weight lifting intensity) and then revert back to cutting and the body reacts well. but there are of course many factors involved, it would be helpful to know some of your stats etc.
    Taking a new approach is the reason I would like to try this, My last cut lasted almost 6 months because I wanted to get rid of it but I needed to go to a lean bulk for awhile to get my metabolism back up to normal and that is where I am right now for the next 6 weeks, I think going with a cutting program like this would be best for totally changing what I have done because I have heard that his protocals in this are very different also the Diet is not an issue for me and this book only really goes with Training protocals I believe..

But I like what you say on the recomp, again that is what I am doing and maybe that is all that I needed to go back and break that plateau and get rid of it. Thanks
    Last edited by x Idealist x; 07-31-2009 at 05:49 AM.
    “A lifetime of sacrifice, dedication and eliminating every excuse…that’s what it takes”.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The Stubborn Fat loss solution and The Ultimate Diet 2.0 are both books aimed at getting people very lean. THey night be the books that are most relevant to you goals. If I had to make a suggestion of books to get I would get UD2.0 and The Protien Book.

Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    The Stubborn Fat loss solution and The Ultimate Diet 2.0 are both books aimed at getting people very lean. THey night be the books that are most relevant to you goals. If I had to make a suggestion of books to get I would get UD2.0 and The Protien Book.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Have you used UD2.O? I'm not sure how much i like the Idea of Low Carb but I think for a 6 to 8 week cut It would be really helpful, and I was thinking of getting the Protein book just for a good read.

tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by x Idealist x View Post
    Taking a new approach is the reason I would like to try this, My last cut lasted almost 6 months because I wanted to get rid of it but I needed to go to a lean bulk for awhile to get my metabolism back up to normal and that is where I am right now for the next 6 weeks, I think going with a cutting program like this would be best for totally changing what I have done because I have heard that his protocals in this are very different also the Diet is not an issue for me and this book only really goes with Training protocals I believe..

But I like what you say on the recomp, again that is what I am doing and maybe that is all that I needed to go back and break that plateau and get rid of it. Thanks
    6 month cut!!!?? Personally, I don't see the point of trying to get so lean as to loose the extra fat at your mid-section because most likely, you don't be able to maintain that cut-ness all the time, and as you gain even small amounts of fat, your midsection will loose its definition and 6 months would have been futile..

have you tried this guy's diet/routine?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2583541
    The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the suggestion, Have you used UD2.O? I'm not sure how much i like the Idea of Low Carb but I think for a 6 to 8 week cut It would be really helpful, and I was thinking of getting the Protein book just for a good read.
    I've done UD 2.0. It's not easy but it works. It will explain the whole calorie partitioning thing to you in the book. But you will deplete and refeed. It comes with a workout schedule that is designed for certain purposes. (Depletion Power etc.,.) The refeed days are amazing. I used to just eat bags of bagels and soft pretzels.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think Tom Venuto recently came out with a newer book (newer than BFFM) which is geared towards those trying to get to very low body fat numbers.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    All of Lyle's stuff is well worth the money.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000)

definitely understand, if you've researched his program and like it I completely understand why you would do it. I'm sorry im not familiar with his program I will say this, now it depends on what shape your body was in, but I think a 6 month cut is too long for a relatively lean individual, you were right to start clean bulking. When you reach levels around 10% body fat, I think at that point long periods of eating less calories arent going to break your plateau. At low levels of body fat, I think 8-12 weeks of an intense diet program should be able to do the trick. That being said, if you properly lean bulked and increased your caloric intake, I think your cut will be fantastic this time around. I've never subscribed to the keto thing, but it certainly has had a great deal of success as far as pre comp diets go, but with adequate protein intake and a mixture of slow cardio and HITT and an intense lifting regiment I really believe anyone with will power can get their desired bodyfat.

Originally Posted by tabasco.sauce View Post
    6 month cut!!!?? Personally, I don't see the point of trying to get so lean as to loose the extra fat at your mid-section because most likely, you don't be able to maintain that cut-ness all the time, and as you gain even small amounts of fat, your midsection will loose its definition and 6 months would have been futile..

have you tried this guy's diet/routine?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2583541
    Yeah I'm with you it was an Ill-informed cut that should not have lasted that long but I formed an ED out of it.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lyle McDonald
    Alan Aragon
    Layne Norton

... anything by them is worth your time/money to read. I don't think you will get your direct answer from here, but you will educate yourself enough to know how to do it right

Alan's Girth Control is a good book to read, so you can make that #2
    Last edited by nano.ix; 07-31-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bro, it's a protocol. It's a good book for understanding how fat loss works in laymans terms. But as for the protocol itself, it's rather simple.

6months is also prob too long, you probably needed a diet break at least once during that.

The protocol itself is only actually needed once you get down to a realistic 10-12% which is much different than the 10-12 you see people say they are.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nano.ix View Post
    Lyle McDonald
    Alan Aragon
    Layne Norton

... anything by them is worth your time/money to read. I don't think you will get your direct answer from here, but you will educate yourself enough to know how to do it right

Alan's Girth Control is a good book to read, so you can make that #2
    discount comes from buying 2 of Lyle's books.
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Out of all the diets i've tried for cutting, Low carb has been the best for me. I wasnt necessarily in ketosis but around 6-10% daily cals a day only form veggies/fruit.

I liked it so much i kept it as my year round diet and stay nice and lean and gain good from the amount of protein and fat i'm eating. Even at 3-4k calories a day.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by getgot211 View Post
    discount comes from buying 2 of Lyle's books.
    well, pick to that interest you the most as they will all be full of valuable information.
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

Bump... bringing back a thread from 2009 baby!

On my last cut, I got very lean...everywhere but my torso, My legs, arms, glutes etc where very vainy and lean but like most people still kept the fat on my torso, anyways I like alot of what Lyle has to say so just wondering if anyone has had any experience with his Stubborn Fat Solution before I spend $40 on it. Also since you save by buying two what is another good one that I could pick up.
    "The Stubborn Fat Solution" is a really good book by Lyle McDonald. I downloaded for free off the internet (I don't pay for anything as I'm a cheap skate). Well worth the read and lots of good valuable info. I'm about to cut as I'm around 10-12% body fat anyway so my aim is to get into single digits. This is what this book is about!

Originally Posted by the59sound View Post
    Lyle's book is for those who have tried everything.... and are less than 10% BF, 12% pushing it. So if you're struggling to shread those last few deposits (like your abs) i'd suggest reading this book. Although it is quite scientific but he does a good job of breaking down and explaining the jargon.

Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    These books are definitely for OP's goals. I haven't read UD2.0 yet but from reading SFS2.0 i can't wait to download it and give it a read.

Lyle explains in SFS2.0 that the diet side of things is enough to make anyone go crazy. That's why he talks about Carb-loading, Fasting and re-feeds etc. even if you did it for 6-8 the info he provides is enough to kick-start your fat metabolism.

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    All of Lyle's stuff is well worth the money.
    I agree

Originally Posted by nano.ix View Post
    well, pick to that interest you the most as they will all be full of valuable information.
    this book has lots of valuable info if you're trying to get rediculously lean.

Hope my views help.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SquattsAndOats View Post
    Bump... bringing back a thread from 2009 baby!

"The Stubborn Fat Solution" is a really good book by Lyle McDonald. I downloaded for free off the internet (I don't pay for anything as I'm a cheap skate). Well worth the read and lots of good valuable info. I'm about to cut as I'm around 10-12% body fat anyway so my aim is to get into single digits. This is what this book is about!

Strong piracy, bro. inb4ban