Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Depression

Yes I suffer from it and have done for almost 10 years now and thought I would share it with my R/P buddies.

I have just come out of a cycle (i'm hoping) lasting about 4 days and have just completed my first Hiit session in 10 days. Motivation to excerise is a good thing.

I have come to realise as real and concreate as things seem when I'm mid cycle that the current state is purely a transient state of perception related to a chemical imbalance in my brain. True enough this can often be brought on from social situations/life events but quite often as was this recent episode is not the case. As inexplicable as its start was its end.

I can also tell I'm heading for a bad patch when I;

1) Become massively lethargic and find it difficult to get out of bed
    2) Miss my supplements
    4) Dont excercise
    5) Feel driven to consume alcohol excessively
    6) Ignor phone calls
    7) Become apathetic
    8) feel a loss of control
    9) feel emotional oversenitive
    10) dont leave the house

The problem is the fix for it is to excerise, to stay active and remain motivated. If I can anticipate a cycle I can avoid it be acting proactively. The odd one like the last comes with no warning.

I sometimes wonder if things would be different if I had a different philosophy on life. However what has been reasoned can not be unreasoned, and my philosophy has changed in the past 10 years and my depression has got better.

So R/P what do you have to say on the topic? anybody got similar experiences? How does the faithless and faithfull deal it it?

Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been dealing with manic depression for the better part of the past 12 years. I have never mentioned it to any of my friends or family and have pretty much been dealing with it on my own. I realize that there are so many people in this world today that are far worst off. I have food on my plate, a roof over my head, and friends and family that care for me. This is why I consider myself to be very wealthy. As far as depression goes, its just a simple reminder to me that nothing in this life is free. I hate it but I deal with it. I hate having absolutly no interest in anything. I hate having to pretend to have fun and pretend to be normal. But like I said, I don't burden anyone with my issues. Its something that I just have to deal with for the rest of my life.
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You should continue on your route with exercise, I have read several articles that maintain that it is the best alternative to medication (and in some articles, superior).
    "Numerous studies have shown that exercise can prevent or ease depression, and that activity has benefits far beyond the physical. " http://www.acsm.org/AM/Template.cfm?...ContentID=8049

In a psychology class in High School we had to read a book for a project and I chose to read one about a psychologist who had Major Depression. She was a believer and ultimately had to receive ECT to recover: depression effects the religious and nonreligious alike. Additionally, I would advocate that you not rule out seeking professional help. On a side note, you should draw up a regiment to follow to ensure that you are persisting in regards to your exercise and other daily needs. Hope this helps.

Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironstone- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My advice....

Vote for Obama next round.

If he doesnt help you out in the next couple years, he will next term.

Edit: Come here for a couple years then vote for Obama.

thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thorton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was prone to depression as a nihilistic until I started to read and embrace existentialism. I think nihilistic thinking at it's core can be depressing since it doesn't offer anything at all and ignores the ability we have to influence our own life.

I'm not sure if this is what causes your depression, I do think that within existentialism we have more tools to perhaps if I can describe it this way, combat the mental disease of the brain that is mortality. I think that anyone who truly believes in mortality is prone to depression at some points, especially after failures as they understand there is no second chance and no higher power to comfort them. This is just the normal advancement of our mental capabilities as we come to terms with what we are as entities.

I think the reason many people who followed nihilistic thinking moved on to something else was this black hole that nihilistic thinking is prone too, and the reasoning that we can contrive meaning to our existence even if this meaning is irrelevant and serves no purpose.
    It's easier to be lazy than happy

I Rep in return

MMMC

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been dealing with manic depression for the better part of the past 12 years.
    I was just having a discussion with my wife last night about this. I've always wondered if I had it. My depression stage usually last a few days, but I have the worse possible thoughts, and my high days are alright, I am in a really good mood. I don't know if they are actual "highs" or just a normal mood.

I don't really know what I should do. The downs I become this self destructive evil son of a bitch.
    I would rather die than live my life in fear.- KSE

Don't Panic and always carry a towel.

Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Irezumi View Post
    I've been dealing with manic depression for the better part of the past 12 years. I have never mentioned it to any of my friends or family and have pretty much been dealing with it on my own. I realize that there are so many people in this world today that are far worst off. I have food on my plate, a roof over my head, and friends and family that care for me. This is why I consider myself to be very wealthy. As far as depression goes, its just a simple reminder to me that nothing in this life is free. I hate it but I deal with it. I hate having absolutly no interest in anything. I hate having to pretend to have fun and pretend to be normal. But like I said, I don't burden anyone with my issues. Its something that I just have to deal with for the rest of my life.
    yeah I know what you saying, although often I know what triggers it and I do have some pretty fcuk up things in my head but overall I live a cosy life compared many people in the world. I have food, shelter and live in a stable democracy. But thats just it with depression it dosn't follow reason and its utterly self indulgent.

So I'm gonna ask you a difficult question now and would appriecate a honest response but I respect it if you do not what to answer.

Is the relationship with your depression one of love/hate? I know you said you hate it but If I had a magic wand would you rather be without it?

I know from hearing from others that suffer that as much as they hate it they wouldn't won't to be without it and that the suffering is in effect is self perpetuating.

I would in part agree with this and is one of the reasons I'm am driven to drink as I now it will make things worse. I don't in enjoy it but its a choice to follow the road of self destruction

Yep pretty fcuked up

I also agree it general not a good idea to tell friends or family as they can't really do anything about it and can't understand it either. Telling a professional is probably the best thing

Originally Posted by thorton View Post
    I was prone to depression as a nihilistic until I started to read and embrace existentialism. I think nihilistic thinking at it's core can be depressing since it doesn't offer anything at all and ignores the ability we have to influence our own life.

I'm not sure if this is what causes your depression, I do think that within existentialism we have more tools to perhaps if I can describe it this way, combat the mental disease of the brain that is mortality. I think that anyone who truly believes in mortality is prone to depression at some points, especially after failures as they understand there is no second chance and no higher power to comfort them. This is just the normal advancement of our mental capabilities as we come to terms with what we are as entities.

I think the reason many people who followed nihilistic thinking moved on to something else was this black hole that nihilistic thinking is prone too, and the reasoning that we can contrive meaning to our existence even if this meaning is irrelevant and serves no purpose.
    problem is I was worse before I adopted nihilistic ideologies, I'm also a monoist, determinist and Idealist (but not in the classical sense)

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think during the depression stage, my actions are usually justified in my head it isn't until afterwards when I have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

It is a back and forth.

Originally Posted by MyLastSerenade View Post
    I was just having a discussion with my wife last night about this. I've always wondered if I had it. My depression stage usually last a few days, but I have the worse possible thoughts, and my high days are alright, I am in a really good mood. I don't know if they are actual "highs" or just a normal mood.

I don't really know what I should do. The downs I become this self destructive evil son of a bitch.
    there are different types of depression. I perosnally don't get the manic stage but I do show some personality traits that emphasis a manic/ocd type personality in general

Can I ask, do you ever get obsessive over something? I mean like find new hobby, be active in it with all your spare time, learn everthing you can about it. Then just drop it once you get bored.

I don't do this some much now as I have got older (I hve just got more disintreasted in general) but that is a sign of manic behaviour

EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "The worshipers of the Most Gracious are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace. In the privacy of the night, they meditate on their Lord and fall prostrate."
    "And they say, "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous." These are the ones who attain Paradise in return for their steadfastness; they are received therein with joyous greetings and peace."
    (Qur'an 25:63,74-75)

I think during the depression stage, my actions are usually justified in my head it isn't until afterwards when I have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

It is a back and forth.
    lol that rings a bell with me, I recommend you don't drink. I used to get really drunk when I was depressed and screw everything up with how ever I was with. I always felt so just and self righteous at the time.

next day was a different story

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Unhappy

Sucks bro. I've dealt with depression my whole life, and the only way I've ever been able to overcome it is just sheer mental discipline. It's probably not the answer for everyone, but if you can do it it works. I just decide how I'm going to act, regardless of how I feel, and then do it. I took several different medications, tried different psychiatrists and psychologists, diet, exercise, everything anyone ever suggested I have tried. I have found that my serious bouts are much less frequent now, and when I get them they last lots less time. I don't know why. I think it may have to do with my attitude towards dealing with them, in that I don't act like I'm depressed even when I am deeply depressed. Exercise really helps while you're in the middle of it, and stay away from alcohol.

Good luck bro. Depression sucks.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
    Sucks bro. I've dealt with depression my whole life, and the only way I've ever been able to overcome it is just sheer mental discipline. It's probably not the answer for everyone, but if you can do it it works. I just decide how I'm going to act, regardless of how I feel, and then do it. I took several different medications, tried different psychiatrists and psychologists, diet, exercise, everything anyone ever suggested I have tried. I have found that my serious bouts are much less frequent now, and when I get them they last lots less time. I don't know why. I think it may have to do with my attitude towards dealing with them, in that I don't act like I'm depressed even when I am deeply depressed. Exercise really helps while you're in the middle of it, and stay away from alcohol.

Good luck bro. Depression sucks.
    Thanks Melkor I really appreicate the sentiment. I know what you mean about the mental strength if I can forsee it coming I can almost force myself not to be, I can push it aside and keep focused whilst the wave passes. It the evil ninja ones that get me every now and then.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

There are many flavors of bipolar, aka manic depression. See your internist/family doc or a psychiatrist (MD). You could be bipolar 2/hypomanic depressive. That's what I am. My "highs" are other people's normal. I never get the extreme energy or mania with binges or that sort of thing. But I am prone to extreme rage and then deep depression that can last for days. Conversations, even on the internet, can set me off into either a rage or depression. It happens at work, but my boss knows and just tries to calm me down. I'm on Wellbutrin XL, Lamictal and Klonopin. For the most part they work, but there are breakthrough periods. My rage is not as bad as it used to be though.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Queequeg View Post
    Thanks Melkor I really appreicate the sentiment. I know what you mean about the mental strength if I can forsee it coming I can almost force myself not to be, I can push it aside and keep focused whilst the wave passes. It the evil ninja ones that get me every now and then.
    I know exactly what you mean. Those lil bastards that just jump you without warning, and you don't really even realize you're depressed til you sit back and think "WTF, why am I so pissed/bummed?" Those are the worst, cause they catch you off guard and don't let you prep for them.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

I gonna continue this discussion if people want to tomorrow, as is getting late and I need to get some sleep.

lol that rings a bell with me, I recommend you don't drink. I used to get really drunk when I was depressed and screw everything up with how ever I was with. I always felt so just and self righteous at the time.

next day was a different story
    I am glad I am allergic to alcohol, because I'd probably be an alcoholic. I did find myself taking the marijuana route really strong as a teen and into my adult hood. It at least made me feel better for a while, well until I sobered up then I realized i just stuffed myself with food and now that I am sober, all the problems are back.

Can I ask, do you ever get obsessive over something? I mean like find new hobby, be active in it with all your spare time, learn everthing you can about it. Then just drop it once you get bored.
    My God you have no Idea. I can become really excited about something, grasp on and then a time later just be totally disinterested in it, I really hate this about myself. I also believe it has a tie in with my smoking. I find myself quitting a lot and restarting months late due to a bout of depression. As my wife puts it, "I go from extremes one way or another, there is no middle ground with me.

Conversations, even on the internet, can set me off into either a rage or depression.
    I can understand that, or just conversation in real life. I will have some serious thoughts. But most of the time during my depression, Self destruction usually overrides any thoughts. I mean, not to sound emo, but I've sat at an intersection trying to pick a car to walk out in front of. Really scary when you snap out of this delusion.

I've tried a few different anti-depressants, but they all gave me nightmares/night terrors, I couldn't sleep and not to mention E.D.
    Last edited by MyLastSerenade; 07-25-2009 at 04:27 PM.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. Depression is very debillitating and I can attest to that. I woould suggest that you seek some professional help first. Talk to a counselor and see what they say. Does not hurt and does not mean that there is anything wrong with you. I was seeing a counselor for PTSD a few years back and it helped a lot. If there is a chemical imbalance then they can give you something to help with that. If it is a chem imbalance then there is nothing that you will be able to do psychologically to get out of the funk that you are in. I wish you the best and you will be in my prayers.

In saying all this I hope that you are not just making up this to have a big "suprise." I became a Christian at the age of 27. After years of being an athiest. I am not saying that I am any better at all now because of it, however I am saying that I have changed and am a different person because of it. my 2Cents.
    Last edited by JolietKev; 07-25-2009 at 04:46 PM.

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depression is an illness, and all illnesses come from God - as do their cures. Usually it's a warning sign that some serious imbalance in life needs to be corrected.

The most common cause of depression is actually excessive sinfulness and infrequent repentence.

Islam and depression
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000) x_aDrenaLine_x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes I suffer from it and have done for almost 10 years now and thought I would share it with my R/P buddies.

I have just come out of a cycle (i'm hoping) lasting about 4 days and have just completed my first Hiit session in 10 days. Motivation to excerise is a good thing.

I have come to realise as real and concreate as things seem when I'm mid cycle that the current state is purely a transient state of perception related to a chemical imbalance in my brain. True enough this can often be brought on from social situations/life events but quite often as was this recent episode is not the case. As inexplicable as its start was its end.

I can also tell I'm heading for a bad patch when I;

1) Become massively lethargic and find it difficult to get out of bed
    2) Miss my supplements
    4) Dont excercise
    5) Feel driven to consume alcohol excessively
    6) Ignor phone calls
    7) Become apathetic
    8) feel a loss of control
    9) feel emotional oversenitive
    10) dont leave the house

The problem is the fix for it is to excerise, to stay active and remain motivated. If I can anticipate a cycle I can avoid it be acting proactively. The odd one like the last comes with no warning.

I sometimes wonder if things would be different if I had a different philosophy on life. However what has been reasoned can not be unreasoned, and my philosophy has changed in the past 10 years and my depression has got better.

So R/P what do you have to say on the topic? anybody got similar experiences? How does the faithless and faithfull deal it it?
    This may sound pointless to you but I will pray for you bro. Depression is a difficult thing to overcome but God can help solve all problems.

OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OAD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post
    Depression is an illness, and all illnesses come from God - as do their cures. Usually it's a warning sign that some serious imbalance in life needs to be corrected.

The most common cause of depression is actually excessive sinfulness and infrequent repentence.

Islam and depression
    Wrong.
    "There is no single known cause of depression. Rather, it likely results from a combination of genetic, biochemical, environmental, and psychological factors.

Research indicates that depressive illnesses are disorders of the brain."
    http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publi...dex.shtml#pub5

Average Joes DodgeBaller wide lats's Avatar
    wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I rarely feel depressed now i have my very special friend in my life - the J man! i was on max doses of meds and suffered for years, i have not been depressed to the state of yours for quite a while i i don't take the meds anymore.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    all illnesses come from God - as do their cures. Usually it's a warning sign that some serious imbalance in life needs to be corrected.

Islam and depression
    Bull**** like that is what causes people to commit suicide.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Bull**** like that is what causes people to commit suicide.
    Yes, often it is. There are some obvious physical reasons why people become depressed - but these are directly related to the absence of spiritual treatments. People react differently to worldly problems, trauma, stress, and catastrophe and when it comes to depression, coping strategies and overall world-view is the decisive element.

Do you also suffer from depression?
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000)

A Couple of Questions Please

1. What kind of supps do you take, and what are their affects on your mental state?

2. What affect does zero alcohol intake have, positive or negative?

3. Can you remember if there was a trigger for your first bout with depression? If not too personal, do you feel comfortable sharing?

4. What's the longest time between bouts? The shortest?

Thanks.

George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000) George Carlinian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strongly recommend two things. First, lay off supps and alcohol. Even protein and NO2 can make me a bit off balance and I tried those back when I ate anything. Second, do a lot of cardio, and include with that walking in public. While qalking iin public, keep in mind you are not alone in any of your struggles. Walk for at least an hour and people watch in a way.

In time, create new habits in your life and seek a Higher Peace than what the secular mind can provide.

I've had my highs and lows and I'm sure I'm manic also...had some serious consequences. My advice works best for me...keep seeking what's best for you...you'll find it if you seek it...what matters is that you walk towards change and not self sedtruction.

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've had neurotransmitter problems for over 20 years. I see them for exactly what they are--neurotransmitter problems.
    People give depression too much power. Depression is mostly physiological.

No big pharma, no pity party...just lifestyle changes and discipline.
    And at the end of the day, Darwinism is still alive and kicking.
    A guy who can't make it is still just a guy who can't make it.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't claim to have depression like many on here do. I was never clinically diagnosed, but there was a stretch in my life recently where for almost 2 years where I felt depressed (I am 23). I had a good number of symptoms like self loathing, withdrawal from social life, social anxiety, and even suicidal thoughts.

I thought I would share my experience though in hopes that maybe it may help some other people.

I would get into these thought loops of how worthless I thought I was (which wasn't true), and it just built on itself. To make it worse, I internalized it all, and it began to affect other facets of my life. I started to hate being around other people and the act of socializing with others began causing me to feel anxiety when previously I was somewhat extroverted. The suicidal thoughts came at the lowest point, and was triggered by a snide comment made by one of my sisters that made me feel so horrible that I just had these thoughts involuntarily pop into my head that it would be better if I just killed myself.

That point was pivotal because it scarred me so much that two helpful things happened to help bring me out of this state. One was that I started to open up to people more about how I felt, rather than internalize all the time. I have two very good friends who were willing to listen to me, (more on that later).

The second thing was that I began a journey of introspection. Instead of stewing on how horrible I felt, I tried to find the reasons why I believed these things, and why I was feeling this way. Once I began figuring out some of these things, the very act of knowing why my mind acted in certain ways completely negated the effects the thoughts had on me. Even better I found that all the negative thoughts and feelings I was having were disappearing, and I began acting differently (in a positive way).

Towards the end of it, I started reading about neuro-linguistic programing and discovered that previously I had unwittingly been using NLP techniques to help me start to feel better. Of course now I know how to use a lot of those tools to greater effect, and it has helped me deal with or completely rid myself of many negative feelings and mindsets. (Not that I am advocating NLP over seeing a professional psychiatrist, or taking meds, but it can definitely help).

Now comes in one of my two good friends who will lend an ear. One of them is very highly emotionally aware and also unwittingly uses NLP techniques even though he doesn't know about it. This guy has been developing these skills for years through sheer emotional awareness. He is an awesome communicator, which helped me to elicit some of the reasons why I was feeling the way I do, he just asked to right questions.

Today I no longer feel depressed, although I don't feel as "up" as I did before feeling depressed, but as time goes on I feel things are improving. I also feel like I am more emotionally aware, as well as better equipped to handle emotional stress.

Again, I can't claim that I had clinical depression, so I may be talking out my ass, but I found NLP to be a wonderful tool to help me overcome the way I felt, and I would recommend it to anyone who is feeling depressed. Only as a supplement to other measures that address depression though, (remember not advocating NLP over a psychiatrist).

Finally, to all those who do have depression, I wish you all the best in dealing with it. Take care.
    To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and to listen to the lamentations of their women. This is what is good in life.

- Conan, The Barbarian

Funny quotes from the R&P section:

lol, every post by Vargas is like a fortune cookie of stupid.

- Melkor

ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ...your about as credible as Tom Cruise on chemical imbalances
    this was a pretty close minded answer, friend

Originally Posted by Barry Bonds View Post
    1. What kind of supps do you take, and what are their affects on your mental state?
    didn't he say he was juicin?

OP, if you need help from an anabolic standpoint, PM me and I'll hit ya back. Please include how many, how much, any anti-deps your on, and normal PCT protocol (if this isn't your first run)
    Buckeyes / Indians / Cavs / Browns