the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Week 203 :: How Can One Suppress Their Appetite?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: How Can One Suppress Their Appetite?

For the week of: May 28th - June 2nd
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may have heard about eating protein bars before meals, eating slower, drinking water, or even popping a pill to suppress one's appetite.

How can one suppress their appetite?

What are the benefits and/or negatives to suppressing one's appetite?

Would you recommend an appetite suppressant? If so, which one?

* IMPORTANT: Please make sure your responses are original and not copied from previous topics.

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks!
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Suppress your appetite?

How can you suppress your appetite?
    Now thats a loaded question, the best way I suppress my appetite is to eat, it may sound strange but if I eat smaller high protein meals I do not get hungry and therefore I do not overeat. its real easy for me to eat six or seven smaller meals that keep me below my daily calorie intake level.
    I stay away from protein bars and loading my body with water before I eat. when I'm trying to lean up for a show a can or two of tuna and a can of health valley vegetable soup mixed together makes a great low calorie high protein meal that fills me up for awhile.
    Fat burners work for my wife but I get the jitters from them so I do not use those, my wife likes Venom fat burners.
    I think if you use the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) you can eat smart train hard and still enjoy things you like in moderation.
    We do not need to walk around contest ready 24/7 in fact it is not healthy and will keep you from growing.
    to suppress your appetite never go hungry but keep the food you eat smart and you will be suprised how easy it is.
    What would you do with your life if you knew you could not fail?

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

There a 2 big ways that are great to suppress appetite. First, EAT. Eat more frequent small meals during the day. Do not eat until full, just until satisfied. When you try and starve your self to lose weight, your hunger increases. If you give your body what it needs and when it needs it your appetite will lower significantly. Just listen to your body. Getting in touch with your body is one of the best ways to better reach your goals, not matter what they are.

Second is water. Our bodies can feel hungry but when you drink something that hungry feeling goes away we can trick out bodied. Now don't go and turn yourself into a fish. Because too much water is bad as it robs vitamins and minerals from the body. Drinking water throughout the day keeps the stomach full, making you feel fuller. Consuming water with meals, say a meal that contains rice cakes. The rice cakes act as a sponge and fill up with water, making you feel even fuller.

Another great trick is whey protein. I do not mean just have a shake and be done. Find a good fruity whey drink, i like ISOKool by Allmax Nutrition. And sip on it throughout the day. Not only does it give you body a constant supply of beneficial amino acids. But it works at keeping you full. Whey suppresses [I]Ghrelin[/]. Ghrelin is the "hunger hormone" in the body. Whey protein has been shown to lower ghrelin. Protein gives better satiety than say carbs, and that is the reasoning behind that. Mixing a fiber powder with this will help slow the digestion down keeping you fuller longer.

Your mentality. If you have a strong mind when you go into a diet, it will make you go so much farther. Whenever I diet I always keep this quote in my head "nothing will taste as good as looking good feels!" So remember that next time you are in the drive through at McDonald's. Then pull away and get something healthy! You will feel much better at your self and gain mental dieting toughness. The more you resist something the less you will want it. Eventually those cravings go away.

Stay occupied. If you are busy and not thing about food, then you do not think about hunger!

Sometimes that may not be enough on somedays. Diet pop works good as well. It fills that sweet tooth craving but the gases fill you up as well. Root beer works great! Even mix it with some vanilla protein and you are set!

The benefits of appetite control are better control of your diet. If you have control of your diet, you WILL succeed. Be it trying to gain muscle or losing weight. Anyone can train hard in the gym but diet takes some real dedication. Diet is 80% of your results. Be it getting healthy, losing fat, or gaining some muscle, DIET IS KEY! And appetite can be the one thing that destroys it.

The downsides to appetite suppression: If you suppress your appetite too much, it will rebound, and at the worst time. At night when you get home from work! You want to shovel in buckets of ice cream and then go to bed. Having a more steady control during the day will allow you to keep more steady control at night. If you suppress it too much eventually your body will be going crazy and release a lot of that nasty little hormone ghrelin. and you will have an all out "cheat day" A planned cheat day is OK though. Keep a controlled appetite suppressant diet through out the week and then have one day to give your body a break for all the torture you but it through!

I feel the best appetite suppressant is diet and your mentality when it comes to dieting. Nothing beats a good diet.

Everyone and their grandmother has hood of Hoodia by now. Hoodia can work. But you have to make sure it is of the highest of quality. There is a lot of lower quality products that do nothing but make your wallet ligher. But do not think hoodia is the key to appetite control. It is a supplement, made to supplement your diet!
    Last edited by xStevenx; 05-31-2009 at 06:00 AM.
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtkitche is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Supressing your appetite

Worst part of my day is in the evening on the weekends when I know I don't have to get up early and train the next morning. Only advice I have is just go to bed if you feel you are going to crack down and go for the Oreo's.

Other than that I weigh in the mid 190's and drink 2.5 gallons of water a day and eat 6 high protein/high carb/low fat meals with 2 lean outs from Beverly International and I am not hungry.

My caloric intake is 240-250G Carb; 200G Protein; 40G Fat

I always keep a bag of Almonds handy, but I put only one serving in the bag so I don't over eat them. Those little guys can be devistating if you gorge yourself on them.

Hope this helps someone.
    Vince Lombardi once said, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all".

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Every day, we wake up into the warzone that is our daily diet. We try to pick the most nutritious and delicious foods to aid us in achieving our specific goals while fighting off the constant urges to run to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts and binge. Then through countless numbers of bulking and cutting cycles, we find ourselves measuring out every single calorie we take in.

Studies have shown that the only way to lose weight is eat fewer than your daily maintenance calories. It all comes down to numbers. Your body is going to fight off losing any weight the best that it can, in the form of the craving. This is why losing weight is hell. Luckily, you have an arsonal of tactics that you can use to quell any urge to binge.

Fight With Volume!
    Would it suprise you to learn that it would take about three and a half cups of cauliflower to have the same caloric value as a piece of bread? Several foods, mainly fruits and vegetables, have an incredibly high water concentration in them, and therefore, a much lower caloric value per unit of weight than starches and meats. These "volumetric" foods take longer to eat and take up more room in your stomach as they digest than other foods. As an added bonus, they also contain large amounts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They also often contain a great deal fiber, which is your second weapon against the craving. Of course we still need our other nutrients like protein from dense foods, so I would suggest eating your veggies as an appetizer to your meal.

Fight With Fiber!
    It's not just for old-timers, I swear! Fiber is one of the greatest and most underappreciated implements for losing weight. Fiber is fiber because it cannot be digested in the body completely. Its composition is the cell walls of plants, and therefore it is not found in any animal products. Fiber is divided into two types, soluble and insoluble. Soluble forms a gel in your stomach and slows down the rate of digestion of foods, therefore helping you feel fuller longer. This type of fiber is found in nuts, beans, oatmeal, and vegetables. More commonly found is insoluble fiber, which is found mainly in bran of starches. This type of fiber is best suited for aiding the digestion process during the final stages of digestion. In your stomach, it does nothing. It sits there and takes up space, not being digested, and therefore keeping you from wanting to eat more, until it eventually leaves with some water and does its route of "intestinal cleansing", for lack of a better term.

In fact, eating fiber at dinner could prevent you from having a morning-after binge. A Danish study cites that those who ate 10 grams of fiber with their dinner ate less the morning after than those who didn't.

Insoluble fiber is even more of a pal to bodybuilders because since it can't be digested at all, unlike soluble fiber, it can't be burned for energy, and therefore has no caloric count. Some manufacturers of high fiber foods have actually subtracted the fiber calories from their foods, but most have not, so when looking at a nutritional label, feel free to take the total caloric count per serving and subtract (grams fiber X 4).

Incorporating fiber in a diet isn't as hard as it sounds. Fiber supplements are always an option, but are often expensive. The cheapest route is to buy some crude bran. Companies that make white flour often throw out the bran as a by-product of the processing, so a great deal of it can be bought for dirt cheap. Where I live, one pound of wheat bran is sixty-nine cents. Bran itself is a miracle food. Per serving, it has 6g fiber,1g carbohydrates, 1g fats, and 3g proteins. I find the best way to eat it is in the morning on top of cereal or cooked in the microwave with splenda and milk. It will keep you full for hours on end. Oh and to keep things running smoothy, drink lots of water with your fiber.

Fight With Water!
    Anything that takes up room in the stomach is great. Less empty space there means less hunger. That's why obese people get their stomach stapled. So next time you feel hunger pangs, wash it away with a few cups of water. If you feel bloated from so much water, you won't even be thinking about having that slice of steak.

Another great thing about water. I'm sure everyone has heard of negative calorie foods. They don't exist, except for one and that is ice water. Body temperature is about 37 degrees C, and it takes one Calorie to raise one kilogram of water one degree C. So figure, if you drink two kilograms of water a day at zero degrees C, you are burning 74 extra calories.

Fight With Omega-3s!
    An Icelandic study reports that omega-3 fatty acids are not just good for your heart, but help you feel fuller longer. The study groups were asked to either eat a piece of cod or salmon, equal in weight. The group that had the salmon felt fuller two hours later than those who ate cod. The finding was that omega-3s increase the levels of leptin, a hormone that promotes satiety. Of course, if you are truly watching your calories, the salmon can be simply replaced with a fish oil or flax seed oil capsule.

Fight With Guilt!?
    These two methods might sound eccentric, but apparently they are tried and true. The first method of fighting off an appetite with guilt is to keep a food log of everything you eat. University of Arkansas scientists found that in a 13 week study, dieters, who kept a strict food record, lost 3.5 more pounds than those who didn't.

The second method is to carry your camera phone around and take a picture of your foodbefore you eat it. Researchers at University of Wisconsin found that when people took a picture of their food before eating, they were less likely to have seconds or snacks later. This forces the consumer to consider whether or not they are eating impulsively.

Get Out!
    Here's some simple logic. If you are near food, you will likely want to eat food. For that reason, I recommend staying away from your kitchen. Actually, the journal Obesity found that on average people eat 236 more calories on a Saturday than other days of the week; no doubt because we are at home more on the weekend than weekdays, and have the opportunity to give in to cravings. So, after reading this get out and do something! Plant a garden, mow the lawn, be a good parent and toss a ball with your kid! You will burn calories, have fun, and not eat!

Slow Down!
    Eating fast has shown a link to overeating and obesity in a Japanese study. People, especially men, have a habit of eating food too quickly. Take time to savor the food you eat, and talk to people around you while eating are two ways to slow the speed you eat. You could also buy food that you have to work to eat, therefore slowing you down naturally. Some of these types of foods are crab legs, Cornish hens, and peel and eat shrimp.

Warning (Maybe) on Artificial Sweeteners
    There is some evidence that suggests that zero calorie sweeteners might actually stimulate appetite, but there is nothing conclusive. This is a reason to keep up with any updates on this controversy.

Pros and Cons of Suppressing an Appetite
    The obvious pro is getting closer to achieving your ultimate goal, and when we feel success, we feel good. The cons are probably the normal ones coinciding with trying to lose weight. You will likely feel hungry at times, especially when the bodyfat gets very low, but these cravings can be fought off with ways mentioned above. Your body might also not get the nutrients it needs from your restricted diet, so be sure to take a good multivitamin. Also, when losing weight, you might suffer a decrease in sports performance because you have less weight to pummel the opposing team with and fewer carbohydrates to spur your energy at gametime, your determination reflects back to the old saying, "Temporary inconvienience for permanent improvement!"

Would you recommend an appetite suppresant? If so, which one?
    I personally believe that diet and willpower are the better appetite suppresants than anything you can buy on a shelf. I'm personally nervous about putting any unfamiliar substance in my body that isn't regulated by the FDA. Also, some appetite suppresants are coupled with thermogenic fat burners, and as a chronic insomniac, I can't have caffeine without regrets the same night.

Thanks for reading and good luck feeling full!

Works Referenced:
    Zinczenko, David, ed. "Weight-Loss Bulleton." Men's Health Magazine Nov-Apr. 2008-09.
    Last edited by Valjean; 06-01-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: My grammar:)
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattyd678 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Appetite Supression

Topic: How can one suppress their appetite?

Those of us taking the plunge into dieting for fat loss, or just trying to make the transition to a clean, healthy diet are faced with cravings on a daily basis. The body undergoes many hormonal changes during periods of hypo-caloric intake, and even successful, strict, dieters have a hard time feeling full or satisfied and desperately seek ways to suppress their appetite. It may seem obvious, but a good solid diet is the key to suppressing your appetite, and along with a few tips and tricks to conquer those serious cravings you'll be able to walk right past the ole vending machine using the glass to check out the reflection of you're hard work (a shredded six pack). As far as dieting, here are a few simple guidelines to follow:

1) Cool your hormones!:
    Hormonal control is the key to success when dieting, and can keep your appetite in check. A good diet should consist of at least 1g of protein/lb of body weight (at a bare minimum), carbohydrates, and healthy fats (quantities will vary based on individual goals). Eat every 2-3 hours, eat slowly, and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, eat foods that will spike insulin levels in your body. Even post workout! Yes you read that right. Many bodybuilders are brainwashed into this idea that they need to have a protein shake with a rapid digesting carbohydrates after a workout session to spike insulin and achieve enhanced muscle growth. While plenty of studies show the benefits of drinking such a shake, there is a time and place to use them, and that's when the main goal at hand is building muscle, NOT losing fat.This response is tailored to individuals who are much more likely to have appetite issues; seeing as someone on a mass gaining diet is much less likely to deal with hunger.As long as you have a pre-workout meal consisting of 20-40g of protein and 20-60g of slow burning carbohydrates an hour and a half to immediately before your workout, your starving muscles will have plenty of nutrients entering the bloodstream by the time you have finished your workout. Avoiding sugar post workout is not the end of the world, trust me. When blood sugar levels are rapidly increased, they can fall just as quickly when insulin spikes, making it especially hard to feel full or to walk by your fridge without devouring everything you can get your hands on, especially post-workout. Now, two important hormones to consider here are: ghrelin and serotonin. Ghrelin is a hormone that is released when you're stomach is empty and increases appetite, and serotonin is a mood controlling hormone (per say) that can help keep you from binging, craving, and even becoming cranky. Serotonin function is enhanced in the presence of blood glucose (one of the reasons why low carb dieting can be so brutal). The trick is to stick to carbohydrate sources that sit in the stomach longer, thus taking longer to digest. Carbohydrate sources which contain lots of fiber are slower digesting, and include: oatmeal, legumes, sweet potatoes, most fruits, vegetables, whole wheat breads/cereals, and brown rice. You can even take a fiber supplement such as Metamucil with your meals or eat small amounts of healthy fats to further slow digestion. This will keep blood glucose levels consistent by keeping insulin levels in check, and may enhance serotonin function more consistently. Also, the longer you have food in your stomach, the less likely your body will release ghrelin, and presto! You have a triple whammy keeping your appetite at bay.
    (For those of you on low-carb diets, don't fret! Although diets consisting of significantly lower carbohydrates may make you irritable and cranky, healthy fats will sit in the stomach for just as long as fibrous carbohydrates and will help suppress that ghrelin release and appetite. Sources to mention are: nuts, nut butters, avocados, fatty fish etc...)

2) Drink plenty of water!:
    Everyone's heard the multiple benefits of drinking plenty of water, but while dieting, drinking lots of water can help keep your appetite in check. Try to drink water throughout the day, especially with meals. This will make you feel fuller, especially with meals which contain fiber (which tends to absorb water).
    For those of you who aren't fans of water or drinking lots of it on a daily basis here are some tips to help; try mixing a BCAA/EAA supplement with your water. I like to mix a few scoops of Controlled Labs Purple Wraath into a gallon or large bottle of water and sip on it throughout the day as well as during my workouts (any flavored BCAA supplement will suffice, Purple Wraath is my personal preference). These supplements taste great, help keep you're appetite under control between meals, and have multiple benefits especially helping low-carb dieters maintain muscle protein synthesis.
    Another strategy that can be used is to have a big cup of tea after meals. Teas come in a variety of flavors, and when combined with splenda, stevia, or other sweeteners, its a great way to control your sweet tooth and avoid that ice cream in the freezer you set your eye on!

3) Tips and Tricks:
    Controlling cravings can be tough, but here are some things you can do to stay on track:

1. Give into your sweet tooth!?
    No, this doesn't mean head to the bakery or local Ben and Jerry's. Opt for things like diet soda, sugarless gum, coffee or tea with sugar-free sweeteners, and my personal favorite, sugar-free jello. It may not seem like much, but these all do a great job at satisfying cravings for sweets.

2. Can't make it to your next meal because the hunger is killing you?
    Stock your fridge with some fibrous green vegetables such as celery stalks, spring mix salad, baby leaf spinach, or broccoli. Combined with some low calorie salad dressing sprays, or eaten alone, these snacks will fill you up, provide beneficial vitamins and minerals, and will barely put a dent in your daily caloric intake.

3.Can't rid a craving? Is fighting it making you irritable?
    Exercise (if possible). Have your pre-workout shakes and supplements and hit the gym. Exercise boosts serotonin and more importantly endogenous endorphins and enkephlins, all "feel good" chemicals. After a workout you are much less likely to be stressed out or cheat on your diet.

Alright so you're completely on track with you're diet and your will power is a 10 out of 10. You're gonna be ripped, no doubt about it. But all of sudden, when things are going well, you just give in, and cheat, big time. What do you do...? NOTHING. Relax! The stress will have more of a negative effect on your physique than the large pizza you just ate.(Granted you're not a bodybuilder a few weeks out from a competition, in which case you may be in trouble). Allow yourself to give into that hunger every once in a while. Aside from keeping you sane, this can even boost your dietary efforts by elevating you're metabolism, and will most certainly motivate you to stay on track in the long run. Grab your friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, or training partner, and go out or have that cheat meal!
    Worst comes to worst, you'll be in the gym with your buddy, just about to leave, and you'll get the ole: "Alright man, I think I'm gonna stick around and do some extra cardio today...Gotta make up for that Chinese food the other night..." And of course you'll follow. Who can turn that down?

There can be many benefits to suppressing one's appetite. First and foremost, it can keep you on track with your diet and ensure you don't surpass your macro requirements no matter how strict they may be. Second, it will help you stray from binging on unhealthy foods that are not desirable when trying to obtain a lean muscular physique. Last but not least, the results! There is nothing more rewarding than seeing your body transform as a result of all your hard work and dedication!
    As with anything, there are also some negatives of suppressing one's appetite. Here are some circumstances which it is not ideal to suppress appetite: For those following a mass gaining diet, especially if you're a "hard gainer" who has no need to fight off cravings in any other way but to eat! Suppressing one's appetite in this situation may cause them to fall short of their caloric needs, and long term goals. Also, it is highly recommended that one avoids the use appetite suppression to support an eating disorder, or unhealthy approach to weight loss such as those out there literally starving themselves in an effort to lose weight. This is the worst possible way to reach your goals, and sometimes your body has a reason for having an appetite...Because it needs food and nutrients to survive!

Last, but not least, it is important to discuss dietary supplements. The first supplement that comes to mind when most think of appetite suppression is Hoodia. Having a bit of a background in pharmacy, I can honestly say that Hoodia is the last supplement I think of, and here's why: Hoodia is a succulent that grows in the Kalahari desert and has been used by hunters to stave off hunger on long hunting bouts. While research of a specific component of Hoodia called "P57" may have shown some promise of centrally stimulating satiety, the mechanism of the compound is not understood and if anything only warrants the justification of further investigation. The evidence supporting the use of Hoodia supplementation is purely anecdotal and nothing more. With all the hype about Hoodia there has been no solid evidence of its ability to suppress ones appetite, or prove that it's use is even safe. As a Pharm D candidate, I would never recommend Hoodia to a patient looking for an appetite suppressant or over the counter weight loss supplement.
    The one and only supplement I would recommend, however, is a fiber supplement. Fiber supplements come in a variety of flavors easily mixed with water, make you feel fuller, longer, and can most certainly be a valuable tool in staving off hunger. Sometimes it's not all about keeping the elderly regular! The next time you find yourself dying to cheat after a meal, mix up a nice tall glass, drink it, and see if you're still hungry!

Hope this helps! Best of luck with all of your goals this upcoming summer!
    Last edited by mattyd678; 06-02-2009 at 09:35 AM.

KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10) KKRR is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Regain Control Over Your Appetite

Regain Control Over Your Appetite

There are many methods that have been proven to suppress ones appetite. Which one will work for you? Well, there is no ?single best method? that works for everyone which means there will be some experimentation involved. This article will summarize the most popular techniques for suppressing a person?s appetite.

1. Get adequate rest- Have you ever stayed up late one night only to find that the next morning you are hungrier than a bear waking up from hibernation? Have you ever had one of those nights where you wake up, look at the clock and realize it?s only been an hour since the last time you stared at the clock? The cause of this due to hormonal changes caused by the insufficient sleep time which boosts hunger and appetite signals.

2. Eat protein and fibre at every meal- Tell me. Do you get hungry faster eating a dinner roll filled with sugar free jelly or a chicken breast with a side of broccoli? It is obvious that the chicken meal will provide you with a slower digesting, more satisfying meal that will not only keep you from being hungry but will also provide you with a much higher nutritional benefit.

3. Drink more water- Seventy-five percent of all people do not drink enough water every day. I am sure everyone has heard about how thirst can be mistake for hunger, so why not take action. Keep a water bottle with you at all times to sip on and fill it up as soon as it gets empty. For those of you trying to lose weight, water is needed to flush out the by-product of fat breakdown. Don?t believe me? Well I?ll try not to say ?I told you so? when you get your next kidney stone. Hate water? Try adding a bit of lemon juice!

4. Eat every 2 ? to 4 hours- Yes there is a lot of controversy on this one, however if your prevent any extreme hunger pangs from catching up with you it will be a lot easier to make healthy food choices and satisfy your hunger. Constant feeding at regular interval will allow your body to always know more food is coming.

5. Avoid being around food when it is not meal time- Have you ever walked by the local bakery and became instantly hungry? When we see and smell food we automatically begin to crave something to eat.

6. Exercise- It has been proven that hunger is suppressed during and after a session of aerobic activity. Next time you?re hungry try going for a short walk or run. Stuck in the office? Maybe try a few jumping jacks; you never know what could help!

7. Find something else to do- If it?s only been an hour since your last meal and you really want something to eat, try taking your mind off it. Plan your next day, clean up your house, call a friend etc.

8. Wait 20 min after eating- If you are still hungry after your last bite of your meal, wait 20 min before heading back for seconds. It takes the body several minutes to recognize it is full.

The benefits of suppressing a person?s appetite include being able to get through the day without feeling ravenous and preventing overeating. When trying to lose weight this is a huge benefit because weight loss comes down to eating less than your body is burning. Being able to control your appetite will absolutely help you achieve a weight loss goal.

While the natural appetite suppressants outlined above have no real negatives, commercial suppressants have the following disadvantages:

1. Health damage- Some suppressants also increase heart rate which may be dangerous for some individuals.

2. Addiction- If suppressants are continuously taken, you may become addicted to them and have trouble stopping.

3. Tolerance- After a period of time your body will become tolerant to the suppressant and the effects will no longer be felt.

I would not recommend taking commercial appetite suppressants. With the abundance of natural methods to try, there should be no need to resort to taking a suppressant. If an individual follows all of the guidelines for controlling hunger it will be a more healthy, long term method.
    Attached Files

Paras_Mehta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Topic of the Week 203: How Can One Suppress Their Appetite?

Who needs to suppress their appetite?

Learning to suppress one?s appetite can greatly help someone who is trying to cut or lose weight.

What causes hunger?

Hunger is the feeling experienced when one has a desire to eat. True hunger pangs do not begin until at least 12 hours after the last ingestion of food. So why do people who are dieting constantly feel hungry? Well there are several reasons:

1. Lack of or deficiency of certain vitamins/minerals
    2. Low blood sugar
    3. Emotional reasons
    4. Blood sugar imbalance
    5. Lack of sleep

Lack of or Deficiency of Certain Vitamins/Minerals

While deficiencies of certain vitamins/minerals leading to food cravings are rare they are significant sources of hunger. For example someone lacking magnesium may suddenly crave chocolate. Someone low in iron may crave red meats. To stop such cravings one simply needs consume more nutrients. But acquiring the amounts of vitamins/minerals the body needs can be a tough task. However there are two supplements that can help: a Greens supplement, and a multivitamin.

Low Blood Sugar

Low blood sugar is a result of very low calorie diets and infrequent meals. We all know that in order to lose weight we have to consume a lower amount of calories than our maintenance levels. However this does not 1000-2000 calories less. 500 less calories is ideal for healthy weight loss. The other cause of low blood sugar, infrequent meals, is also why starvation diets don?t work. The more infrequent you eat the lower your blood sugar drops. This leads to an increase in appetite. Not exactly ideal for weight loss. Eating 5-7 smaller meals will keep your blood sugar normal while decreasing one?s appetite and cravings.

Emotional Reasons

The three most common emotional causes of increased appetite/cravings are: boredom, depression, stress. Pretty much everyone has to deal with at least one of these three things. But the good news is that all three of these things can be solved with one solution. This is a super secret that most people aren?t even aware of. But don?t worry I?ll let you in on this secret. The solution is??.EXERCISE. Now I know what you are thinking?.exercise isn?t going to decrease your appetite - it?s going to increase it. Well that?s only partially true. Exercise will help people deal with boredom, depression, and stress. Why is this important? Boredom, depression, and stress are all linked to over-eating or binge eating. By adding exercise to your lifestyle you are replacing over-eating with a healthy appetite.

Blood Sugar Imbalance

Blood Sugar Imbalance is the result of an unbalanced diet (poor macronutrient ratios). Making sure you have a healthy balance of macronutrients (protein, fat, and carbs) is key to controlling your appetite and achieving your perfect body. In fact I?ve noticed that proper macronutrient ratios are more important than calories in fat loss diets. Think about it. Imagine if you had two identical individuals trying to lose weight. Let?s say they both consumed 2000 calories a day. Individual A consumed all his/her calories by a 50% Carbs, 40% Fat, 10% Protein ratio, with all his/her carbs coming from simple sugars. While Individual B consumed a more balanced intake with 40% Carbs, 35% Protein, 25% Fat ratio, with all his/her carbs coming from complex carbohydrates. Individual B would have the best results and be the most satisfied with his diet.

Lack of Sleep

Lack of sleep or poor quality sleep is a contributor to increased appetite and cravings for sugary/fatty foods. The reason for this is decreased leptin levels. When you get less than 7-8 hours of sleep your leptin levels begin to decrease. Leptin is important for anyone trying to control their appetite and lose weight. Leptin is the hormone in charge of burning fat and also plays a role in controlling appetite. To insure that leptin levels are at an ideal state one should aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep. If you have trouble getting to sleep or sleeping for that long you should consider a ZMA supplement.

Some Extra Tips & Tricks

If you take care of the 5 things above you should have no problem controlling your hunger, but when it comes to dieting you?re going to need every trick in the book to keep yourself focused. I?ll share with you 3 things you can do for an extra advantage on controlling your hunger.

1. Drink water before every meal ? Consuming 8 oz. of water before your meal will help you feel full faster with less food.

2. Eat vegetables with every meal ? Half of your meal should be just vegetables. Vegetables provide you with a high amount of nutrient rich food with only negligible amount of calories.

3. Eat slower/ Chew more.
    4. The 20 minute rule ? Before reaching for seconds wait at least 20 minutes to determine whether not you are still hungry. Why? Because it takes 20 minutes for your body to realize it?s eaten enough and it?s time to stop eating.

Pros vs. Cons of Suppressing Appetite

Suppressing appetite can be helpful to someone trying to lose weight. It will make a diet easier to handle. As long as you use these tips to naturally control your appetite there are no negative effects.

In my opinion the tips and tricks I have outlined are all you really need to control your appetite. But if you use these tips and you are still looking for that something extra I would recommend Hot-Rox by Biotest. Hot-Rox is primarily a fat burner but it is also extremely effective at blunting hunger.

Hopefully with the advice I?ve given you, your physique can finally reach that next level!

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You may have heard about eating protein bars before meals, eating slower, drinking water, or even popping a pill to suppress one's appetite.

In our fitness-conscious society, people are always on the lookout for ways to improve their figure, and often, lose weight. Of course, we also live in an instant-gratification society, so people are reluctant to put in the hard work necessary or be patient enough to wait for optimal results. But dieting can be a very difficult process, especially for those coming off of a mass-gaining phase, as hunger can be hard to deal with. Cutting down often involves a strong will to keep one's appetite at bay. Luckily, there are some proven methods for suppressing appetite.

Eat Smaller Meals: This method may seem counter-intuitive - shouldn't smaller meals make you hungrier? Not exactly. Eating more frequently means your body never has enough time to develop a huge craving. Typically, people overeat when they go five hours or more between meals, leading them to devour everything in sight. By eating smaller, more frequent meals, you'll never develop that horrible, starving hunger. Your blood sugar levels will stay in check and you'll probably have better, more consistent energy levels.

Eat Spicy Foods: This one can also help those on a diet, because spicy foods can boost your metabolism a bit, leading to possible fat loss...but don't drop the cardio just yet. More significantly, spicy foods can naturally suppress your appetite and dull your taste buds, leading you to eat less.

Eat Fiber-Rich Foods: If you want to suppress your appetite, fiber is your friend. Fiber is very filling but contains very few calories, such this is a must-have on a diet. Oats, beans, broccoli, nuts and low-carb wraps are all excellent choices. Lettuce and cabbage are also very low-calorie choices that can help kill cravings.

Eat More Protein: Although readers on this site probably don't need much prompting to consume more protein, it does have another benefit beside building muscle. Protein has been shown to increase satiety, the feeling of fullness. Protein also has a high thermic effect, which will help your dieting goals. Good lean sources include chicken, tilapia, tuna, and turkey. While protein powders are beneficial, many are not as satisfying as whole foods and move through your digestive tract rather quickly. The exception here is casein.

Eat More Fat: Thankfully, the low-fat fad era is all but behind us, and people are realizing how helpful dietary fat can be. Fat triggers your body's satiety cues and suppresses gherlin, which is a hormone that simulates hunger. Nuts, nut butters, eggs, and salmon are great sources of healthy, unsaturated fat. But don't be afraid of saturated fats such as butter, sour cream, and fatty meats. These have the added bonus of boosting testosterone.

Don't Think About It: Keeping food out of your mind will help stave off hunger because you won't be preoccupied by thinking about what you want to it. Stay busy and engage your mind in interesting tasks so that you're not always worried about where your next meal comes from. That in itself may indicate an unhealthy relationship with food.

Drink Plenty of Water: Often, you mistake your body's call for thirst as a hunger pang. Staying hydrated helps flush out toxins and also keeps hunger at bay. Drinking water can also satisfy your desire for oral stimulation, which commonly leads to the munchies.

Brush Your Teeth: Sometimes just giving your mouth something to do can get rid of your hunger pangs. Brushing your teeth will satisfy this need for activity, and will also make your mouth taste nice, so you probably won't want to eat anything...toothpaste plus any sort of food always tastes nasty.

Chew It Over: When you do eat, make sure you are chewing thoroughly. This will make your meals take longer and will also help you feel as if you have eaten a lot. A nice bonus is that it prevents choking too. I've found that keeping a bag of almonds at my side, and chewing thoroughly, is a great way to control your appetite, staving off urges for larger meals.

Exercise: While you shouldn't exercise excessively if you aren't eating a sufficient diet, doing a little jogging or some calisthenics will dull your appetite for a while.

Avoid Being Around Food: Out of sight, out of mind, right? If you can avoid being around food and people that are eating, you won't be subjected to the aromas and eyefuls of meals, which often triggers hunger. If possible, surround yourself with people in a similar situation and who are supportive of your dieting efforts. Having help can go a long way.

Appetite Suppressing Supplements: There are many fat loss/weight management supplements that have the ability to suppress one's appetite, usually through the use of caffeine and other stimulants. However, these can be dangerous in some cases, so you'll want to exercise care if you decide to use these. Perhaps the most well-known appetite suppressant is Hoodia. Unlike many other appetite suppressants, Hoodia is not a stimulant, but there have been controversies in the past regarding the authenticity of many Hoodie supplements, so you never know what you're going to get.

Wait It Out: Sometimes you can kill your urge to eat just by waiting it out. If you feel hungry, try setting a timer for 20 minutes, drink some water, and do something to distract yourself. You may find that by the time the 20 minutes has passed, you're no longer hungry and involved in something else.

WHAT NOT TO DO:

Avoid Sweets: Sweet, sugary foods don't satisfy your body and fail to trigger satiety cues. Worse, they often put your blood sugar levels on a roller coaster, so that they soar while you're eating, only to crash later, making you tired and more hungry. And this includes artificial sweeteners - while they may be very low calorie, they still start your body craving sweets.

Avoid Salty Foods: While salty foods won't play with your insulin levels like sweets, they will make you thirstier, and often hungrier. These are definitely a "don't" on any diet.

Avoid Tobacco: Yes, smoking and chewing tobacco can reduce your hunger, but it can also reduce your life span. Do you really want to shave a few years off your life just to look a little better? It's not worth it - cancer kills.

The benefits of appetite suppression are obvious for anyone on a diet - not craving food can make it much easier to cut calories and remain in a caloric deficit. This is excellent if you're trying to get into contest shape or just "make an old boyfriend jealous" shape. Appetite suppression can also help you focus on a difficult task such as an exam because you won't be distracted by thoughts of food and eating.

However, there are downsides to appetite suppression as well. Losing too much weight is very unhealthy, and if you have a history of disordered eating, you should take extreme caution if using any of these methods. Also, appetite suppression can make you feel guilty about food, which can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food and eating in general. Eating shouldn't be emotional, it should be to satisfy a physical need. Additionally, suppressing your appetite successfully will mean you're eating less, which can reduce your strength in the gym and your performance during sports, so be careful if you're an active individual. Obviously, undereating will also hinder your muscular gains. Lastly, appetite suppression can have a long lasting effect, and it may be difficult to regain your appetite once you've gotten used to keeping it at bay. Hunger cues are very important, as they are your body's main way of letting you know there is a nutritional need. For this reason, try not to be dependent on appetite suppression for extended periods of time. Restricting calories for a long period of time can also slow down your metabolism, and this is difficult to recover from.

Personally, I think a strong will is the best appetite suppressant. If you remain in control, you have the power to stop or start whenever you wish and don't have to worry about quality control issues or dangerous chemicals in your body. The most effective methods in my opinion are spacing out your meals, eating foods that are high in volume but low in calories, and drinking plenty of water. These may be simple methods, but they are highly effective and guaranteed to be safe.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    when do we find out whos article gets picked?

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wink

Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    when do we find out whos article gets picked?
    it can take from 4 to 8 weeks..
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

haha ****ty
    well i guess we will see!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    haha ****ty
    well i guess we will see!
    The key is to be patient..crush who I believe reads and posts the winner does a good job
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by History in Effect View Post
    The key is to be patient..crush who I believe reads and posts the winner does a good job
    Major x2 on this, I can't imagine how hard it is to judge all these.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    X3 on that soundcheck.
    Will rep back 250+

www.TradersBase.com

xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXBoStErXx is just really nice. (+1000)
    mind > appetite = necessary.

It's been the hardest part of training for me. It's not even about appetite it's about taste.
    The only person I compete against is myself, the cruelest of opponents
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124389261 =Summer Cut Log.

BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueEyedDevil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BB actually had a deal a while back that i tried, EST Suppressor + EST Thermostat, was a great deal and price, so i bought it, and one of my old favorites Syntrax Guggulbolic. In the morning and at night i took BSN Synthra-6. What really helped me from constantly raiding the fridge was
    Morning - BSN Synthra-6, Gugggulbolic, EST Supressor + EST Thermostat
    Pre-workout - Syntrax Gugggulbolic, EST Supressor + EST Thermostat
    night - BSN Synthra-6

Hopefully you have a good reason, and hopefully later in the day, but even i know the feeling when i pass the fridge i still have a tendency to open it and many times snack on something or start cooking something for later and end up eating it. Some people need to help keep the cravings down when out also, I do have a bottle of BSN Cheaters Relief, but when im out, if i can keep the craving i will be less enticed to stop off and grab unhealthy food, i will grab food but my choice wont be based upon a desire to fill myself on junk and have to take cheaters relief. Some people will use these suppressant to miss meals though, food is great, don't forget to eat, just eat right and not overload the amount.

Depends on the person, some people have problems gaining weight/muscle, but then when looking at their diet you realize they are clearly behind on daily food intake, they probably would not need to suppress their appetite. But for people like me who like to see whats in the fridge at every pass, i found Syntrax Gugggulbolic, EST Supressor + EST Thermostat.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"

Ur over a week late man for the entries. Sorry :/
    Will rep back 250+

www.TradersBase.com

tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tehgosu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    drink a gallon of water

Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lakey93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I was lost weight, after every meal I would drink a pint of water and brush my teeth.

I would drink lots and lots of water through the day, around 10 pints, if you don't mind going to pee all the time its worth it.

(skin cleared up nicely too)

It worked really well for me.

marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Excellent thread! Well done all contributors!

Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mloyhuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    By eating a lot of fiber

sossesbandari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely drink water during and after each meal. Keep a 16oz bottle of water with you at all times. I also am getting into the habit of carrying out raw oatmeal and nibbling on it throughout the day (I know it sounds weird lol).