m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Curling in the squat rack

i saw someone write in like a 6y/o thread that some ******* posted in today, trolling about some treadmill company he was trying to promote.. but uhm, yeah the guy responded to someone else complaining about people who curl in the squat racks, saying:

"The funny thing is that the only people who use the power rack for curling in my gym are the ones who can curl more than the "set" barbell weights can provide. So if someone's curling 135 with perfect form, I'm not complaining. In fact, it wouldn't interfere with your squatting sets at all since you could just go ass to grass on your last rep and he can adjust the weights for himself."

so where does this whole curling in the squat rack come from? ive never seen some skinny lil twerp curling in my power rack.. i say mine b/c no one else fuking squats in my gym practically. Barely. I saw some chinese kid who was deadlifting in my power rack.. which was fuking retarded, but no one ever curled in it, although one guy was curling on the one next to mine, it was a different type of rack, it wasn't enclosed entirely. but yeah, he was curling quite a bit.
    One reaps what they sow. Though the wicked may seem to prevail, the righteous one will be content in the work he has done to ensure those he touches were treated with the worth that every being has the right to receive.

I rep back.

4000 Cals, 17 pound/8 weeks and goin'.

W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500) W.T.Snacks is not very helpful. (-500)
    No one in your gym is that dumb I guess. Congrats on a decent gym.

Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    .....your point being?
    I used to have an AVI of my traps and neck. I changed it a while back and tried editing my user title but this website is glitched and it will not let me change it anymore.

Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i get people curling in the squat rack now and then but tbh i deadlift using the bar as its the only place in my gym where you can really do it due to lack of space... but theres never anyone in the freeweight section when i go (result)
    "Although the other night I had a gay dream (no homo) and I came in the dream" - muscleman009
    "I asked her if she has ever clogged a toilet, before wiping... i failed hard lol" - FrankMcGarth_Jr

Rep Owed:

Negs Owed:

I rep back 100+

~~~My Journal~~~
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118712901

stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) stsnizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wait... You're not supposed to do squats/deadlifts in the Smith machine?

MohammedB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MohammedB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MohammedB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MohammedB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MohammedB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MohammedB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by m189 View Post
    i saw someone write in like a 6y/o thread that some ******* posted in today, trolling about some treadmill company he was trying to promote.. but uhm, yeah the guy responded to someone else complaining about people who curl in the squat racks, saying:

"The funny thing is that the only people who use the power rack for curling in my gym are the ones who can curl more than the "set" barbell weights can provide. So if someone's curling 135 with perfect form, I'm not complaining. In fact, it wouldn't interfere with your squatting sets at all since you could just go ass to grass on your last rep and he can adjust the weights for himself."

so where does this whole curling in the squat rack come from? ive never seen some skinny lil twerp curling in my power rack.. i say mine b/c no one else fuking squats in my gym practically. Barely. I saw some chinese kid who was deadlifting in my power rack.. which was fuking retarded, but no one ever curled in it, although one guy was curling on the one next to mine, it was a different type of rack, it wasn't enclosed entirely. but yeah, he was curling quite a bit.

you're 130lbs and 5'3" at that. you have no right to criticise other people.

Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rofl @ OP's napoleon syndrome

hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hitman83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i curl in the squat rack all the time. Who gives a ****?

Location: oswestry, shropshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowell94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    saw some guy's curling the bar with only 10 kg a side which is redarded cause if they want to curl 40k they can use the fixed bb's
    15 years old
    6'2
    currant goal
    Bench: 180/220 for reps
    Squat: 242/405
    Deadlift: 315/495
    snatch: 145/220

m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MohammedB View Post
    you're 130lbs and 5'3" at that. you have no right to criticise other people.
    Originally Posted by Flaith View Post
    rofl @ OP's napoleon syndrome
    I prbly lift more than both of you.

Flaith, you look like as old as my dad, are you seriously 24? i hope your lying about your age.

and im the only one who squats at my gym, and i have inferiority issues by saying that.. you went to college for 4 years and thats how much you thought out what you typed.. no wonder my cell phone drops calls all the time, theres an idiot like you working on the network.
    Last edited by m189; 07-29-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    One reaps what they sow. Though the wicked may seem to prevail, the righteous one will be content in the work he has done to ensure those he touches were treated with the worth that every being has the right to receive.

I rep back.

Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I prbly lift more than both of you.
    solid smack, brah

Your dad sounds like a cool guy :thumbsup:

jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always curl in the squat rack,why? because its the only way to do straightbar curls at my gym, also i dont care what people think or say its my body and i will do what feels right
    Infinite Labs Rep

you went to college for 4 years and thats how much you thought out what you typed.. no wonder my cell phone drops calls all the time, theres an idiot like you working on the network.
    wow. yes, because the internet = real life. you mad, dude?

Originally Posted by Flaith View Post
    wow. yes, because the internet = real life. you mad, dude?
    not really.. another out of place statement. what do you mean, internet = real life.

are you an engineer? or are you saying your not? i honestly dont understand.

my point about my dad is that hes 45, and you look like him at 24.

You need to start lifting harder and dieting right. Antioxidants, like flavones and C, E, and fatty acids like omega 3 help quite a bit. DHT much.. your balding, lay off the ph/ds man. sh!t, get on some winny or something if anything.
    Last edited by m189; 07-29-2009 at 12:11 PM.

I rep back.

barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    InTerWebZ iz LyFe!

not really.. another out of place statement. what do you mean, internet = real life.

I was commenting on your assertions that me using "internet speak" somehow reflects poorly on my educational and occupational competencies.

Yes I am an engineer, therefore it should be obvious that I don't work for a cell phone company. Your accusations on the latter are comical and trite.

I wasn't the only one who commented on this thread regarding your spoiled-sounding attitude with regard to "your squat rack" in "your gym." It was a joke, and from your responses you have demonstrated nothing but proof of my original post.

b/c no one takes the time to do legs, your comment was out of context.. and for some reason i thought that your profile said you were a network engineer. and only one other idiot, whose in the red after 240 posts, i wonder why, commented. I try to help people when they need it on this thread when i have the time to, and since ive been ill and honestly very weak ive had the time for once. Don't comment on ones stature b/c you dont have anything better to say. like, your ****ing fat, if you said something in your own thread that i didn't like or disagree with, i wouldn't try to bash you i would shut you down by proving you wrong, not by calling you an old looking fat fuk..

btw, your comment sounded like it was coming from a bone headed idiot, not someones whos educated. You deserved having that said to you, i never said you weren't educated.. you just act like it.

I rep back.

LOL fair enough buddy. My bad on the hate; your rep is good, therefore I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

keep on keepin on.

Ate Paint Chips As Kid Johnny_D_09's Avatar
    Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000)

my point about my dad is that hes 45, and you look like him at 24.

You need to start lifting harder and dieting right. Antioxidants, like flavones and C, E, and fatty acids like omega 3 help quite a bit. DHT much.. your balding, lay off the ph/ds man. sh!t, get on some winny or something if anything.

"Hello lads. I am OP and am tiny but i also get very angry when people make fun of me on the internet. They all must be after me pot o' gold!"
    AVI FROM DECEMBER 2008...yea i know, i really need a new one

Current Lifts
    Bench:315x1
    Squat(90):405x1
    Deadlift: 475x1
    Hang Clean: 255x1, 240x3

xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500) xTASTYKAKESx is not very helpful. (-500)
    Why can't you just pick the bar off the ground? Chances are you aren't curling more than you can deadlift, so it really shouldn't be much of a problem. The squat rack is the only place to safely do a squat, so if you are taking up the only squat rack doing curls while some guy is waiting to squat, you are kind of a dick.

Now, if there are plenty of racks available and nobody is waiting to squat, I don't think it's too big of a deal. Also, overhead presses and rows are fine in the squat rack imo.

jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol i think some of you guys took it that i was mad about this, i was just making the point that not everything needs to be only used for one purpose i do shrugs on the shoulder press machine aswell. as long as your hitting what u need to and you can tell improvement dont worry about it
    Infinite Labs Rep

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you can't lift the bar from the floor you have no business doing curls with the bar.

Curling in the squat rack is just plain idiotic.
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-

Originally Posted by Johnny_D_09 View Post

"Hello lads. I am OP and am tiny but i also get very angry when people make fun of me on the internet. They all must be after me pot o' gold!"

you had better stay away from my pot of gold, or I'll cut off your family jewels.

lmao at hello lads, i didn't even think of why youd say that for like 10 mins.

I rep back.

Originally Posted by marmadogg View Post
    If you can't lift the bar from the floor you have no business doing curls with the bar.

Curling in the squat rack is just plain idiotic.
    realy? did u know curling with a straight bar effects the biceps more than the preacher bar? Did you know some gyms you have to curl in the squat rack to do these? yea idiotic
    Infinite Labs Rep

I think the bigger deal is people put a taboo on doing these when their actualy realy beneficial
    Infinite Labs Rep

Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barns0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I curl in the squat rack all the time. Theres always another one open if someone wants to do some squatting lol.

Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memorial93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't see what the problem is with curling in the power rack. I find it useful to set the safeties right at the bottom of the ROM, tap 'em then keep going

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jordansrt View Post
    realy? did u know curling with a straight bar effects the biceps more than the preacher bar? Did you know some gyms you have to curl in the squat rack to do these? yea idiotic
    Never seen anyone using enough weight curling with a straight bar to monopolize a squat rack.

Load the bar on the floor and pick it up. Enough said. Stop curling in the rack!
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-