FFK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 months no results

2 months have passed since i started weightlifting for the first time in my life and I have seen nothing as a result. I am "bulking" but havent gained weight but boy do i look flabbier. I cleaned up my diet. I cook at home now instead of going out to eat. My diet is much better from what it was but I look the same.

This is my first time weightlifting, researched a lot of the info on the site, decided on a 3 day a week routine, since that is what was recommended for a beginner. No results.

I'm skinny fat 6ft, 140lbs, 23 year old guy at around 17% BF. I've been working in a warehouse picking up boxes for 8 hours (been here 1 year) and you'd think that would be enough to gain muscle or atleast lose some fat, but nothing. Thought I would try harder by weightlifting after work but no improvements.

I just feel defeated and demoralized. Nothing is working for me. I try to eat as much as i can (i barely pass the 2000 calorie a day and getting around 80g protein, I feel sick after eating so much).

I tried bulking because most of the guys here recommend doing so if you're skinny fat, but i guess I took the wrong advice since most of the skinny fat people wanted to be super ripped and I don't want to be. I just want to lose the gut and lower the BF overall. I've never seen someones body like mine. I'm flabby, thick midsection, and toothpick legs and arms. This sucks.

knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    are you sure your diet is in check? are you sure your fulfilling your macro/calorie intake for the day? let us know what you eat from a day to day basis. you can work out more then 3 days a weeks. what does your workout schedule look like? what are you doing in the gym?

knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    also, your going to want to get more protein in then 80gs a day. at 140 lbs, try to get in ATLEAST 115-120. if you are having problems getting in necessary cals and protein for the day, add a gainer shake to your diet. easy 800 calls and 50-60 grams of protein that is EASILY downed.

ectoplasmic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go on a keto diet.....works like a charm to melt off the fat.

Then bulk after that.
    Plus you'll see muscle definition from a month or two on keto, even if your muscles aren't that huge yet. You'll be more defined and ripped.

Not even a month ago I was skinnyfat, with a fat tyre around my belly. Now its gone. All from keto, and busting ass in the gym.

But also make sure to get your protein in. 80g sounds like way to little for you.
    Last edited by ectoplasmic; 07-29-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being - Plato

Obsession is the lazy mans term for dedication.

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FFK View Post
    2 months have passed since i started weightlifting for the first time in my life and I have seen nothing as a result. I am "bulking" but havent gained weight but boy do i look flabbier. I cleaned up my diet. I cook at home now instead of going out to eat. My diet is much better from what it was but I look the same.

This is my first time weightlifting, researched a lot of the info on the site, decided on a 3 day a week routine, since that is what was recommended for a beginner. No results.

I'm skinny fat 6ft, 140lbs, 23 year old guy at around 17% BF. I've been working in a warehouse picking up boxes for 8 hours (been here 1 year) and you'd think that would be enough to gain muscle or atleast lose some fat, but nothing. Thought I would try harder by weightlifting after work but no improvements.

I just feel defeated and demoralized. Nothing is working for me. I try to eat as much as i can (i barely pass the 2000 calorie a day and getting around 80g protein, I feel sick after eating so much).

I tried bulking because most of the guys here recommend doing so if you're skinny fat, but i guess I took the wrong advice since most of the skinny fat people wanted to be super ripped and I don't want to be. I just want to lose the gut and lower the BF overall. I've never seen someones body like mine. I'm flabby, thick midsection, and toothpick legs and arms. This sucks.
    In my mind if you're just starting out, you're not going to be seeing any major changes after only 2 months. You need to be patient, you need to do research and put thought into what you're going to be doing, both in the gym and with your diet. You need to also be flexible to make changes along the way should something not be working for you, and you need to recognize when these things aren't working for you. Right now...your diet is no good and this is pretty much what is interfering with any results. At only 80g of protein, and this sick feeling from eating so much, you need to change that. You need to up your protein closer to 120, give or take a bit, and you really shouldn't be feeling sick from eating. It's not so much about eating a lot...but about eating smart.

Considering the build that you described...if you drink ANY type of soda, or liquors, alcohol or wine, you should stop completely. Check the sodium content in foods that you're buying and do your best to eliminate or lower it, if you have the option of a salt free, go with that. No sweets, limit table sugar, limit or eliminate table salt, watch pre-sweetened drinks that you get at the store. Avoid any precessed or prepared foods that say diet, fat-free, lean on them...it's better to eat regular food but limit your portions. Get anal about your diet and the foods that you're eating, record everything and keep track of the nutritional value, carbs, fat, protien, calories for about a month, maybe more to get a really good idea of what you're really eating and what it's doing for you. Once you do this, you can sit back and look at it and see what really isn't a good thing, what you can do with out, where you can make changes etc.

I also thought that skinny guys were usually considered to be hard gainers, so you more than likely are going to have to work harder and maybe not get the gains as quickly as you might think you should.

After 2 months, even 2 years, there is no reason in the world to feel defeated or demoralized. Everyone's different and results are going to vary from person to person. You just need to relax, sit back and take a good look at everything that you're doing and what you're not doing. You obviously need to make some changes to your diet, and that takes time, and once you get on a set diet, the effects don't show up the next day, so you also need to just be patient. Understand that it is a process, research, trial and error, experimenting, and while we can give you all sorts of advice, only you can take it all, get a basic plan together and then customize it to what works for you, only you can do that. Even after you do that, you are also going to have to be keep an eye on what you're doing and be flexible. If along the way something doesn't seem to be working for you or stops showing results, then you need to fix it, don't get discouraged by it, that is just a waste of time that could be spent fixing the issue.
    The self has no boundaries except those it accepts out of Ignorance.

Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know it can be frustrating but when I started out lifting weights, I never expected results to appear withing a few months. When sum1 is trying to rebuild their muscle after previously having them they can expect serious growth in a few months but if ur a newbie u need to build from scratch and attain that foundation. Like the other people suggested Id really clean up ur diet and check it over for starters, then start paying some more attention to the temp of ur workout. You shouldnt be lifting for more than an 60 mins and 3-4 days tops to avoid over training. Also incorporate alot of body weight exercises, its going to take some time but use this forum for motivation to keep going, goodluck..

For_Lease has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rick1824 View Post
    In my mind if you're just starting out, you're not going to be seeing any major changes after only 2 months. You need to be patient, you need to do research and put thought into what you're going to be doing, both in the gym and with your diet. You need to also be flexible to make changes along the way should something not be working for you, and you need to recognize when these things aren't working for you. Right now...your diet is no good and this is pretty much what is interfering with any results. At only 80g of protein, and this sick feeling from eating so much, you need to change that. You need to up your protein closer to 120, give or take a bit, and you really shouldn't be feeling sick from eating. It's not so much about eating a lot...but about eating smart.

Considering the build that you described...if you drink ANY type of soda, or liquors, alcohol or wine, you should stop completely. Check the sodium content in foods that you're buying and do your best to eliminate or lower it, if you have the option of a salt free, go with that. No sweets, limit table sugar, limit or eliminate table salt, watch pre-sweetened drinks that you get at the store. Avoid any precessed or prepared foods that say diet, fat-free, lean on them...it's better to eat regular food but limit your portions. Get anal about your diet and the foods that you're eating, record everything and keep track of the nutritional value, carbs, fat, protien, calories for about a month, maybe more to get a really good idea of what you're really eating and what it's doing for you. Once you do this, you can sit back and look at it and see what really isn't a good thing, what you can do with out, where you can make changes etc.

I also thought that skinny guys were usually considered to be hard gainers, so you more than likely are going to have to work harder and maybe not get the gains as quickly as you might think you should.

After 2 months, even 2 years, there is no reason in the world to feel defeated or demoralized. Everyone's different and results are going to vary from person to person. You just need to relax, sit back and take a good look at everything that you're doing and what you're not doing. You obviously need to make some changes to your diet, and that takes time, and once you get on a set diet, the effects don't show up the next day, so you also need to just be patient. Understand that it is a process, research, trial and error, experimenting, and while we can give you all sorts of advice, only you can take it all, get a basic plan together and then customize it to what works for you, only you can do that. Even after you do that, you are also going to have to be keep an eye on what you're doing and be flexible. If along the way something doesn't seem to be working for you or stops showing results, then you need to fix it, don't get discouraged by it, that is just a waste of time that could be spent fixing the issue.
    +1 rep, nice post.