xElegant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Arms not growing and need to gain weight

Sup guys, i've been working for about 2 years now and my pecs and delts are starting to make me arms look small,note i work arms as much as i work everything else, also i want to know the best way to gain weight because i keep going in between 129lb and 134lb someone help me D:

Registered User getmesomprotein's Avatar
    getmesomprotein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk

Originally Posted by xElegant View Post
    Sup guys, i've been working for about 2 years now and my pecs and delts are starting to make me arms look small,note i work arms as much as i work everything else, also i want to know the best way to gain weight because i keep going in between 129lb and 134lb someone help me D:
    You need to bulk like hell. Find your daily calorie intake, and add A LOT to that. I need about 3,000 calories a day because of my metabolism so when you bulk and add weight you need to eat more than what your body needs in a day. When I bulk I eat about 3,800 so I gain weight. You still need to workout though and make sure you eat a surplus of calories in healthy foods. I know junk food has more calories but that will just make you fat. Healthier will add more muscle. Find foods high in calories that you enjoy and add them all up to the specific bulking amount you need.
    "No matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up. YOU NEVER GIVE UP. You pick yourself up and you brush yourself off, you push forward and move on, you overcome and that is what I blame. You never give up."

"You have one chance in life, to do whatever you gonna do. To lay your foundation and make whatever you want to make. What ever legacy you gonna leave. Leave the legacy, and it's found in effort."

Originally Posted by getmesomprotein View Post
    You need to bulk like hell. Find your daily calorie intake, and add A LOT to that. I need about 3,000 calories a day because of my metabolism so when you bulk and add weight you need to eat more than what your body needs in a day. When I bulk I eat about 3,800 so I gain weight. You still need to workout though and make sure you eat a surplus of calories in healthy foods. I know junk food has more calories but that will just make you fat. Healthier will add more muscle. Find foods high in calories that you enjoy and add them all up to the specific bulking amount you need.
    While i'm bulking do i need to work arms the same or how will i make them bigger?

bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkoguy07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go heavy on back and chest and your arms will grow. My biceps are usually pretty sore from back days if i go heavy enough. Also eat a lot. I have a arm isolation day too if thats what you were looking for.

And delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) doesn't correlate to muscle growth FYI

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    5'8 with 131 pounds, what do you want, Arnold's mountain peaks?
    put on mass.
    Free eBook: http://beatsocialanxiety.net/free-book/

Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbZbJNfvgY&list=UU7wARlI0wgpExP4yKPsS9Ug

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*
    *Team James "Flex" Lewis"

While i'm bulking do i need to work arms the same or how will i make them bigger?
    No, in my opinion you shouldn't go heavier, but you should try for more sets. Of course as your muscle grows you should bump up the weight, but don't do it just for bulking. Since you're eating a calorie surplus like I said, maybe add one or two sets. Trust me, just keep doing what you're doing and bulk. You will gain weight as long as you do it right. And one more thing. Are you lifting heavy and doing 8-12 reps? And make sure you do several different bicep exercises. Hammer, bb curl and concentration work best for peak.
    "No matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up. YOU NEVER GIVE UP. You pick yourself up and you brush yourself off, you push forward and move on, you overcome and that is what I blame. You never give up."

"You have one chance in life, to do whatever you gonna do. To lay your foundation and make whatever you want to make. What ever legacy you gonna leave. Leave the legacy, and it's found in effort."

Originally Posted by getmesomprotein View Post
    No, in my opinion you shouldn't go heavier, but you should try for more sets. Of course as your muscle grows you should bump up the weight, but don't do it just for bulking. Since you're eating a calorie surplus like I said, maybe add one or two sets. Trust me, just keep doing what you're doing and bulk. You will gain weight as long as you do it right. And one more thing. Are you lifting heavy and doing 8-12 reps? And make sure you do several different bicep exercises. Hammer, bb curl and concentration work best for peak.
    I'm doing everything i could be doing for biceps and tris and i do try to do 6 reps to failure when i go really heavy and if i can get past that i bump the weight,and normally i do 8 - 12 reps

Originally Posted by Agabekov View Post
    5'8 with 131 pounds, what do you want, Arnold's mountain peaks?
    put on mass.
    I just want my arms to be big enough to look like they belong on my shoulders

I'm doing everything i could be doing for biceps and tris and i do try to do 6 reps to failure when i go really heavy and if i can get past that i bump the weight,and normally i do 8 - 12 reps
    You should be doing about 10 reps for biceps. Since they're a small muscle they get best hypertrophy from higher reps. Trust me, even if you lower the weight a little, perfect form+ correct number of reps=biceps that get the girls.

AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFSG2628 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMO based on my personal experience, kinds of workout sets like giant sets/burn set/tri set or whatever combination of workout doesn't matter if you just wanted to get big. You just have to eat alot to get bigger. But eat clean to develop lean muscle, not just fat. Recovery is the most important. But what I do now with my workout routine is I do mostly super sets and tri sets(especially for arms) + I eat alot like 6-7x/day, it has been 4 weeks now since i've tried it and getting results week by week.

To sum up: Stay consistent working out + recovery(sleep) + eat more to get bigger = BULK. Hope it helps.

Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    been on your bodyspace and your transformation looks similar to where I was a few months ago (check out my bodyspace and you'll see what I mean)

for bicep size I mainly do barbell curls (4 sets 8 reps) and Yates rows (4 sets 12 reps)
    for tricep size I do close grip bench press (4 sets 12 reps), skull crushers (4 sets 8 reps) and weighted diamond push ups (4 sets 12 reps)

for general mass i do other compound exercises, just use isolation exercises such as hammer curls to shape the muscle a bit.

hope this helps
    lean bulking

ultimate goal; 200lbs 9% body fat

TEAMGUZMAN

37.5 Waist, Nuff Said. TheOneHero's Avatar
    TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOneHero will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cap2014 View Post
    been on your bodyspace and your transformation looks similar to where I was a few months ago (check out my bodyspace and you'll see what I mean)

for bicep size I mainly do barbell rows (4 sets 8 reps) and Yates rows (4 sets 12 reps)
    for tricep size I do close grip bench press (4 sets 12 reps), skull crushers (4 sets 8 reps) and weighted diamond push ups (4 sets 12 reps)

for general mass i do other compound exercises, just use isolation exercises such as hammer curls to shape the muscle a bit.

hope this helps
    Nice weight gain stats.
    Started Working Out Again On 4/5/13

Disregard Females, Acquire Aesthetics. - Zyzz

Note: I'll Rep Back.

Originally Posted by AFSG2628 View Post
    IMO based on my personal experience, kinds of workout sets like giant sets/burn set/tri set or whatever combination of workout doesn't matter if you just wanted to get big. You just have to eat alot to get bigger. But eat clean to develop lean muscle, not just fat. Recovery is the most important. But what I do now with my workout routine is I do mostly super sets and tri sets(especially for arms) + I eat alot like 6-7x/day, it has been 4 weeks now since i've tried it and getting results week by week.

To sum up: Stay consistent working out + recovery(sleep) + eat more to get bigger = BULK. Hope it helps.
    This^ Just try new things. Not everyone is the same

for bicep size I mainly do barbell rows (4 sets 8 reps) and Yates rows (4 sets 12 reps)

hope this helps
    What Kind of weight are you using for the Diamonds?

Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cap2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheOneHero View Post
    Nice weight gain stats.
    Srs? thanks bro!!
    lean bulking

TEAMGUZMAN

What Kind of weight are you using for the Diamonds?
    I use a 30kg plate across my shoulders and back (about 65lbs I think) for the first two sets and 35kg (75lbs) for the last two sets

well not plate, plates - spread out evenly

chit I know but it's home workouts until I join a gym!! has good results too
    lean bulking

TEAMGUZMAN

meant barbell curls not rows in my first post
    lean bulking

TEAMGUZMAN

I use a 30kg plate across my shoulders and back (about 65lbs I think) for the first two sets and 35kg (75lbs) for the last two sets

well not plate, plates - spread out evenly

chit I know but it's home workouts until I join a gym!! has good results too
    I'll try this, does anyone recommend i use a weight gainer?

I'll try this, does anyone recommend i use a weight gainer?
    Better to get calories and protein from food but if it helps you meet your calorie needs then they're worth it
    lean bulking

TEAMGUZMAN

bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000) bebja is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude bulk

Thanks everyone for the help on the arm size, now back to the Bulk how long would that take?

Thanks everyone for the help on the arm size, now back to the Bulk how long would that take?
    6 months bulk 6 months cut. Make sure you're eating a calorie surplus in bulk mode.

DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Find your calorie maintenance. + 500.

do a 40/40/20 macro split.

eat a variety of carbs and stay away from saturated fats. protein source is up to you
    Squat 110kg x 6