Jakebrooker1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I've hit a plateau, need advice

Ive hit a plateau i believe and i would like some suggestions on a new routine. i currently do

monday
    Chest/Triceps
    3x bench press (smith)
    3x bench press incline (smith)
    3x Pec Dec
    3x dips
    3x tricep push down machine
    3x tricep pull down

tuesday
    biceps/back
    3x dumbell curl
    3x cable curl
    3x hammers
    3x lat pull down
    3x row machine

wednesday
    legs
    3x leg press
    3x leg curl
    3x outer thigh machine
    3x inner thigh machine
    calf machine till they kill

thrusday
    shoulders traps
    3x shoulder press behind head (smith)
    3x shoulder press in front head (smith)
    3x cable lateral raise
    3x shrugs

friday
    Chest/Triceps
    same as monday

can anyone suggest a new routine to help me break this plateau, i believe im eating enough. Put on a fair bit of mass went from 9stone to 11stone2 in first 5-6 months but has stopped now.

thankss

TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    mon:back,chest
    tues:abs,cardio
    wed:bi's,tris/mma
    thurs:light cardio/mma
    friday:mma/upper body circuit(minus shoulders),abs
    sat:legs,shoulders/mma
    sun: off

thats what im doin.

but you dont have to switch your split to get over a platue it might be other factors.

like you could keep your split, just change up the lifts and switch around the days you do them (instead of chest'tris mon do back bi's mon and legs thurs instead of wed. and so on)

or it could be diet. might need more cals or to up carbs a bit.

but ill also say i dont like the "generic" split of back,bis/chest,tris/legs/shoulders traps. i dont like doing chest and tri's and back and bi's in the same workout because your using the same muscles continuously. like for chect and tri;s: your doing bench and using your chest AND tri's then your ganna go do tricep pulldowns...when you do this you arent getting the most out of your tricep pulldowns because you just used them while you were benching. thats why i do bi's and tris. no bicep lifts use tricep so im fresh on every lift. and i wont do consecutive muscles back to back thats why i have no lift days inbetween so that every workout is fresh and recovered. the only time i do this is fri and sat but the weight im using friday for my circuit is light so it wont effect my triceps to much if any when i do shoulders the next day. (shoulder overhead presses use tricep)
    Last edited by TitanFB11; 11-25-2009 at 11:05 AM.
    "Hard work dosent go unseen, unless hard work isnt present"

Yore Mawm.

NOBROSCIENCETOLERATED ***FuxWithMe***

SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do real benches along with squats and deads. use the smith machine to do pullups on.
    MSC

Best Raw Total: 1405

CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CallmeKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try maddcows. Get off the smith machine also.

lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10) lift4gains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat more?
    "YOU CANNOT CARVE A STATUE FROM A PEBBLE, YOU MUST CARVE IT FROM A BOULDER"
    Currently:
    Writing articles, getting better, and cutting down to 9% BF by June 23rd.

Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Solidsnake4321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well,you should always be going up a rep every workout or weight, the first is easier, then when you have hit your target rep,you add weight and restart, so you are always progressing.

KrisWaring has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KrisWaring has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Keep the big compounds, switch the isolations?
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

SmrtGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jakebrooker1 View Post
    Ive hit a plateau i believe and i would like some suggestions on a new routine. i currently do

monday
    Chest/Triceps
    3x bench press (smith)
    3x bench press incline (smith)
    3x Pec Dec
    3x dips
    3x tricep push down machine
    3x tricep pull down

tuesday
    biceps/back
    3x dumbell curl
    3x cable curl
    3x hammers
    3x lat pull down
    3x row machine

wednesday
    legs
    3x leg press
    3x leg curl
    3x outer thigh machine
    3x inner thigh machine
    calf machine till they kill

thrusday
    shoulders traps
    3x shoulder press behind head (smith)
    3x shoulder press in front head (smith)
    3x cable lateral raise
    3x shrugs

friday
    Chest/Triceps
    same as monday

can anyone suggest a new routine to help me break this plateau, i believe im eating enough. Put on a fair bit of mass went from 9stone to 11stone2 in first 5-6 months but has stopped now.

thankss

Hey,

The first thing that I noticed is that you are training too much. I used to train 5 days a week and I hit plateau after a year or so. Remember that muscle grows when you rest, not when you are lifting. Try shifting your routine around so you are in the gym 4 days a week max. ( I go 3 days a week, lift heavy and rest and eat most of the time and my gains increased significantly). Anyway give it a try.