Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'7", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3
    LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit LS Series's BodySpace

Misc Doctors...Tennis/Golfers Elbow. (SERIOUS)

I will post this here and in the injury board, because there is a slight .5% that someone is willing to help here. LOL

Back in spring break 04 I had a compound fracture to my right elbow. 3 Surgeries later I am left with 2 plates 9 pins and 2 screws. Also have nerve palsy/damage. No movement in my right arm/hand/fingers for a year while my nerve came back. Lost all of my weight 07-08 and started lifting jan 09 (never lifted in my life before) Any exercise that I do that requires use of my right arm in any way shape or form. I'm in tremendous pain. Like at the end of my workout if no one was in the gym I would sit down and cry pain.

The only thing that I have now is a velcro support with a pad that puts pressure on a certain part of my arm. I notice a difference when lifting, but I feel that I need/want more support. I've taken many many medications all have done nothing for me and my pain. I was with kaiser when this happened (thank god 225K hospital bill) but since the economy tanked my entire family is unemployed and we are on medical which is joke if you want anything done, especially something that is as complicated as my arm.

Anyone know of any surgeries that fixes or betters my condition? Is there a custom half/full arm brace that will give me the support I need? Reps for anyone who can answer anyone of my questions. THANKS!!

There is a picture on my profile of the X-Ray of my arm for anyone who is interested....

LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LS Series has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bump for my gimp arm?

Stats: 5'6", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 31113
    Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kiknskreem has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Kiknskreem's BodySpace
    Are you sure your problem is tendonosis and not related to your injury and surgeries?
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

is here to fuk sh!t up! steeperdolphin's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 177 lbs
    BodyPoints: 37402
    steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit steeperdolphin's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by LS Series View Post
    Bump for my gimp arm?
    Try a cycle of deca. (dead serious)

Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    Are you sure your problem is tendonosis and not related to your injury and surgeries?
    They keep telling me that. X-Ray shows everything is fine and they wont MRI because of the hardware.

Originally Posted by steeperdolphin View Post
    Try a cycle of deca. (dead serious)
    Can you go into more detail?

Soon to be (pseudo)Dr FNG _FNG_'s Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18356
    _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit _FNG_'s BodySpace
    X-Ray shows everything is fine and they wont MRI because of the hardware.
    Really? Nowadays most fixation is done with MRI safe materials. Anyways, it sounds like your case is one that isn't easy to give advice over the internet. First tennis elbow and golfer's elbow deal with opposite side of the elbow so does one hurt more then the other? As far as surgeries that could be done, I don't know but I would recommend continue to work on forearm strength and stretching the crap out of it. Working all the motions of the wrist with light light weight for higher reps will help to strengthen the tendon. Also look towards stretching out the muscle afterwards by extending your elbow and pushing your wrist into flexion/extension and holding for about 30 seconds. I know this isn't very insightful but that's all I got.
    Physical Terrorist

Stats: 6'6", 235 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1852
    monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit monsterBEN's BodySpace
    First of all tennis and golfers elbow are not the same thing, each involves a different side of the elbow..

if it was in fact a tendonitis/tendonosis like they say, rest and eventually light exercise would improve it... if this has been a long term thing and rest hasn't improved anything i'd be willing to bet its not tennis/golfers elbow. Its too tough to say over the internet but I'd say its more related to your past injury, not a tendonitis/osis.

FYI im not a physician.. just 1 year away from a doctorate in physical therapy.
    Redskins | San Antonio Basketball Team | Washington Baseball Team | Washington Hockey Team

*** MISC Cigar Crew ***

is here to fuk sh!t up! steeperdolphin's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 177 lbs
    BodyPoints: 37402
    steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) steeperdolphin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit steeperdolphin's BodySpace
    Can you go into more detail?
    My shoulder was fuked up for over a year and 1/2. Docs couldn't do sh!t. They gave me cortizone shots... Nothing helped. I had a friend suggest deca. I said "hell no". Two weeks later I was so desparate I tried it. 4 weeks later it was like magic. The pain was gone! I could through a football 50 yards again. Never came back. It was a miracle.

Stats: 6'6", 235 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1852
    monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) monsterBEN has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit monsterBEN's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by _FNG_ View Post
    Really? Nowadays most fixation is done with MRI safe materials. Anyways, it sounds like your case is one that isn't easy to give advice over the internet. First tennis elbow and golfer's elbow deal with opposite side of the elbow so does one hurt more then the other? As far as surgeries that could be done, I don't know but I would recommend continue to work on forearm strength and stretching the crap out of it. Working all the motions of the wrist with light light weight for higher reps will help to strengthen the tendon. Also look towards stretching out the muscle afterwards by extending your elbow and pushing your wrist into flexion/extension and holding for about 30 seconds. I know this isn't very insightful but that's all I got.
    beat me to it...
    Redskins | San Antonio Basketball Team | Washington Baseball Team | Washington Hockey Team

*** MISC Cigar Crew ***

Soon to be (pseudo)Dr FNG _FNG_'s Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18356
    _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _FNG_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit _FNG_'s BodySpace
    Originally Posted by monsterBEN View Post
    First of all tennis and golfers elbow are not the same thing, each involves a different side of the elbow..

if it was in fact a tendonitis/tendonosis like they say, rest and eventually light exercise would improve it... if this has been a long term thing and rest hasn't improved anything i'd be willing to bet its not tennis/golfers elbow. Its too tough to say over the internet but I'd say its more related to your past injury, not a tendonitis/osis.

FYI im not a physician.. just 1 year away from a doctorate in physical therapy.
    Broseph, what school do you go to? I'm also a third-year PT student, only 10 more months.
    Physical Terrorist

Stats: 6'1", 198 lbs
    wor6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit wor6's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by _FNG_ View Post
    What injury effects the inside of the elbow? I am in a lot of pain when doing any kind of bicep exercise!!