TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wrist flexibility and Front squats

Can anyone link me to a few stretches or exercises to improve my flexibility.

I can't bring my wrists back or my elbows up far enough.

Also, if I work at it everyday how long do you think it will take to be able to properly do it?

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TinyJackedBear2 View Post
    Can anyone link me to a few stretches or exercises to improve my flexibility.

I can't bring my wrists back or my elbows up far enough.

Also, if I work at it everyday how long do you think it will take to be able to properly do it?
    I constantly do the prayer stretch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZUF5j0tnZ0

and for the elbows, rack a bb with enough weight so it doesn't move get under and rack on shoulders (not really) have someone push up your elbows or do it yourself.

Stretching needs to be done everyday or you will loose flexibility
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    I constantly do the prayer stretch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZUF5j0tnZ0
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    That's a good one. A more intense version is the same stretch but with hands behind the back (that one takes a while to work up to).

Another one I do before I lift is one I saw in one of (I think) raffiki's videos, putting the bar behind your neck on your traps (like a back squat), and try to raise your elbows forward and up, as though you were in rack position. The position of the bar holds it in place without any weight and you can really stretch the shoulders, wrists, and elbows out well.
    Last edited by r_graz; 07-24-2009 at 06:44 AM.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by r_graz View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    That's a good one. A more intense version is the same stretch but with hands behind the back (that one takes a while to work up to).

Another one I do before is one I saw in one of (I think) raffiki's videos, putting the bar behind your neck on your traps (like a back squat), and try to raise your elbows forward and up, as though you were in rack position. The position of the bar holds it in place without any weight and you can really stretch the shoulders, wrists, and elbows out well.
    that's what was I was talking about except keep the bar racked not on your shoulders, the reason for this is less movement the more localized the stretch will be and you'll get more ROM and a better stretch.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, one thing to consider is your grip width on the bar. Depending on your ratio of upper arm to lower arm length, you might be best off with a grip wider or narrower than you're attempting. Experiment with it.

Another thing that helped me a lot was concentrating on pushing the elbows *inward* as well as upward. I went from only being able to keep only 2 fingers under the bar when racked to being able to comfortably rack it with all fingers under. Wrist flexibility is only part of the picture - you also need to be flexible in the elbows and shoulders.

TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyJackedBear2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys.

Going to the gym right now gonna give all these a try.brb.