Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) linebacker50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok man here's the deal. i played d3 ball for 2 years, and i was a starter at linebacker. in college i was 190 pounds, 5'10". the last year i played, we were 7-2 with the 26th best defense in the nation for d3 ncaa. for the last 2 years i have played semi-pro ball and started every game, and im still small for a backer (210, 5'10") considering i have played with guys who have been in the nfl. i dont think that your height is a problem at all. i think if you are quick, you would be fine playin weakside backer. seeing over the line is not a big deal, as any good college ball player would know, most of your keys at weak backer are lineman/ slot and you would do a lot of covering. also, i think your size is perfect for a d3 fs or even ss. if youre athletic enough and fast enough. corner would work too. honestly i dont think youre too small. ive played with guys smaller than you before that hit harder than i do..as for working out, i would focus on speed. especially if you plan on playing in the secondary, size/weight is not an issue if you are fast. good luck. if you have any questions pm me and thanks for serving our country!
    For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
    Ephesians 2:8-10

jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Work on your speed, and vertical jump. If you really want this you can acheive it.

unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cas_21488 View Post
    yeah i hear ya dude thx for everything. ill try to keep update as much as possible when the time comes. haha i know ill be back to find all types of fun things to do.
    hey man, please do. let us know how youre doing and what youre doing. oh yeah, what region (since most people dont want to say what school they are playing/wanting to play for) do you want to play in? plenty of schools around, and if you go to a d3, your education will be pretty good... again, good luck and God bless
    Sprints... the worlds greatest laxative

in order to be number 1, you have to train like your number 2- maurice green

anyone who thinks hitting hard makes you a good football player, isnt a good football player- coach Davies

cas_21488 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unherdduv1dda View Post
    hey man, please do. let us know how youre doing and what youre doing. oh yeah, what region (since most people dont want to say what school they are playing/wanting to play for) do you want to play in? plenty of schools around, and if you go to a d3, your education will be pretty good... again, good luck and God bless
    Im playing in Massachusetts. The schools ive been looking at are Umass Dartmouth,Bridgewater St,Westfield St, Framingham St, and Worcester St. With Umass Boston and Salem State as my back ups since they dont offer football.again thx for everything.

unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unherdduv1dda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im playing in Massachusetts. The schools ive been looking at are Umass Dartmouth,Bridgewater St,Westfield St, Framingham St, and Worcester St. With Umass Boston and Salem State as my back ups since they dont offer football.again thx for everything.
    pretty good schools, especially for education... you should do fine, especially you 2nd and 3rd year...
    Sprints... the worlds greatest laxative

in order to be number 1, you have to train like your number 2- maurice green

anyone who thinks hitting hard makes you a good football player, isnt a good football player- coach Davies

fredoniabills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ever think about rb?

I know darren sproles for the chargers is 5'6" so you can be successful at that size

speedfiend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pick a school that has rugby.

Try rugby out in the off-season, you are sized better for rugby than football.

Rugby has less to do with size and more to do with your ability to read and react (which you should know all too well since you are a linebacker).

yeah i thought about playing rb but i have zero experience on offense. defense is where i earned all my playing time. i thought about rugby but none of the schools have a club. i miss being under the lights, huge crowds, just everything about it. i mean im gonna play my freshmen year and if i dont start but play special teams or is brought in for certain situations then yeah i can deal with that but by sophomore year hell when spring practice begins later on freshmen year i should know where i stand and same with the coaches.

speedfiend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i thought about rugby but none of the schools have a club.
    Every single school you mentioned has a rugby team. In fact, here you go:

Dartmouth:
    dartmouthrugby.com/

Umass:
    umassrugby.org

Bridgewater St:
    bscbears.com/Campus_Recreation/Club_Sports/MensRugby/index

Westfield State:
    wsc.mass.edu/current_students/Clubs/Westfield%20State%20College%20Rugby%20Football%20U nion%20Constitution.pdf

Framingham State:
    boston.com/sports/colleges/articles/2005/07/24/framingham_state_star_wins_rugby_honor/

Worcester St
    worcesterrugby.org/

It's okay if you don't have the stones for rugby, but the opportunity is there.

hmm my bad well i can take a look later on they never had anything on thier school websites. im going to umass-dartmouth not the one in amherst or the ivy league school.
    Last edited by cas_21488; 08-01-2009 at 11:03 PM.

i had sometime the other day and i looked up nerfu. the school i want to go to indeed does have a club its division 3. so i emailed the team president and will let ya kno what he says.

heres a little update. Ive been accepted to UMass Dartmouth, Iv'e been in contact with the coach and seems pretty interested so far. He hasn't said anything about my size yet but who knows what could happen with that, sorry its been awhile.

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck bro, I am trying to do the same thing. Been in the Marines 4 years and 2 months, 10 months left till I EAS (damn 5 year contracts) I am playing semi pro ball right now, maybe you can look into that when you get back. Over there I would just keep lifting and work on explosiveness.

Sorry to hear that, this is my last full month in the Marine Corps. I've been back for since September. The coach wants to set up a meeting sometime in May or June I come home. I just emailed the trainer my info he said he would get me an offseason program so I can get ready for camp this summer. Good luck.

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry to hear that, this is my last full month in the Marine Corps. I've been back for since September. The coach wants to set up a meeting sometime in May or June I come home. I just emailed the trainer my info he said he would get me an offseason program so I can get ready for camp this summer. Good luck.
    ahh, good luck bro.

i cant wait to get out, lol