Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)

Angry Scholar pulls the race card while being arrested for breaking into his house.

Cliff's:
    -Neighbor calls the police over 2 "black males with backpacks" trying to break in to a house.
    -When cops show up, Scholar pulls the race card and refuses to show identification.
    -Guy gets arrested but it turns out it was his home and the front door was just jammed.
    -Guy is still complaining about racial profiling
    -Obama says the police "acted stupidly"

-WTF??

http://news.aol.com/article/sgt-jame...rrest%2F579147
    Betancourt Nutrition Representative

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcour/bcourt.htm

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with you
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I feel like if people would stop making a spectacle of themselves by pulling out the "I'm being oppressed" line every time something happens, we might actually begin to see less racism in the world. Just a thought.
    HOLD UP BRO

I'm still curling in that squat rack.

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the cliffs are actually biased. there is more to the story. the cops did in fact act in a racist manner, and the guy did in fact act like an idiot and flipped out. im sure **** like this happens dozens of times a day, everyday, it only got press because he is a professor.
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nni View Post
    the cliffs are actually biased. there is more to the story. the cops did in fact act in a racist manner, and the guy did in fact act like an idiot and flipped out. im sure **** like this happens dozens of times a day, everyday, it only got press because he is a professor.
    Perhaps I missed something. What do you know that made you draw the conclusion that the officer acted in a racist manner?

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have to read it again. But the caller said 2 black men, you confront a black man who won't cooperate.. I don't see the racist part. But it's a pretty petty DC.

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TTewell View Post
    Perhaps I missed something. What do you know that made you draw the conclusion that the officer acted in a racist manner?
    ive read about 5 different stories. at least 2 of them said that the man confirmed that it was his house and he was stilld detained. it seems as if the true story is going to hard to find.
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ive read about 5 different stories. at least 2 of them said that the man confirmed that it was his house and he was stilld detained. it seems as if the true story is going to hard to find.
    How so when he refuses to show ID?
    I don't see racism anywhere. Just some more overacting IMO.

Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    He did show his ID, including an ID that showed that he was a prof. at the college
    "Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates

"If I'm not a genius, I'm done for" - Balzac

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jove View Post
    He did show his ID, including an ID that showed that he was a prof. at the college
    The OP says ID was refused by the arrestee.

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    If anything maybe the guy threw out the OBAMA card knowing it would get publicity. Just speculating of course.

Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jove is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The OP says ID was refused by the arrestee.
    I'm aware of what the OP said. It isn't accurate. That's not to say that either Gates or the officer were right or wrong, but at least draw your conclusion on the actual facts.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...apologize.html

'Gates has said he was "outraged" by the arrest. He said the white officer walked into his home without his permission and only arrested him as the professor followed him to the porch, repeatedly demanding the sergeant's name and badge number because he was unhappy over his treatment.'

This is straight from Gates. I saw 3 different stories and haven't heard otherwise.

I'm aware of what the OP said. It isn't accurate. That's not to say that either Gates or the officer were right or wrong, but at least draw your conclusion on the actual facts.

The yahoo story says the same as the OP. It depends on who your listening to the cops or the Scolar.

"Crowley responded to Gates' home near Harvard University last week to investigate a report of a burglary and demanded Gates show him identification. Police say Gates at first refused, flew into a rage and accused the officer of racism."

He later complied..... As he was being arrested. kthanbai

Originally Posted by little lats View Post
    The yahoo story says the same as the OP. It depends on who your listening to the cops or the Scolar.
    The yahoo story says "at first refused." How accurate that is, I don't know. I do know, however, that he did, at some point, show an ID and was still charged. Again, come down on whatever side of this issue that you want. But it was established before the end of the altercation that Gates established his identity.

kthanbai
    You're very welcome

And it's really sad that the police academy hand-picked this man to teach a class about racial profiling 5 yrs ago. woops

The yahoo story says "at first refused." How accurate that is, I don't know. I do know, however, that he did, at some point, show an ID and was still charged. Again, come down on whatever side of this issue that you want. But it was established before the end of the altercation that Gates established his identity.
    and charges were dropped. Which seems right, but the fact that he went on to call out the cop then is where I get irritated. Because when you get called out with a discription you look for that discription. Interesting thing is on the pic there is a black cop standing there why he is being taken out of the house. I want to hear his side.

he was charged with disorderly conduct after he threw a hissy fit and refused to comply with the officer's requests, not breaking and entering. If this guy had just STFU and shown ID when asked then this would've never happened.

But I'm sure he is pretty happy with all the publicity he stirred up.....

and charges were dropped. Which seems right, but the fact that he went on to call out the cop then is where I get irritated. Because when you get called out with a discription you look for that discription. Interesting thing is on the pic there is a black cop standing there why he is being taken out of the house. I want to hear his side.
    Yeah, I do think that the whole thing is getting more attention than it deserves and that's mainly due to who Gates is. In my opinion, both parties could have and should have handled it better. To an extent, I think it is understandable the way both men responded. Anyway, there are far worse and more important things to focus on in this country.

Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    (This is from another thread that is talking about the same thing)
    If you're watching TV, AP just reported that the Sergeant in an expert in racial profiling and has been teaching classes for 5 years about how not to be racist while working as a police officer.

Also this same cop tried to save Reggie Lewis's life. I highly doubt he is a racist if he tried to save a black man by giving him mouth to mouth.... just saying...
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

Originally Posted by Daniepwils View Post
    If you're watching TV, AP just reported that the Scholar in an expert in racial profiling and has been teaching classes for 5 years about how not to be racist while working as a police officer.

Also this same cop tried to save Reggie Lewis's life. I highly doubt he is a racist if he tried to save a black man by giving him mouth to mouth.... just saying...
    fixed for accuracy

he was charged with disorderly conduct after he threw a hissy fit and refused to comply with the officer's requests, not breaking and entering. If this guy had just STFU and shown ID when asked then this would've never happened.

But I'm sure he is pretty happy with all the publicity he stirred up.....
    I agree that simply showing his ID right away would have resolved the issue.

newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think the charges should have been dropped. Description of suspects and race aside, Gates committed a crime after he was confronted by the police and he was arrested for it. He would not have been arrested if he had behaved in a respectful manner. But now he gets off the hook because he is black, what a piece of shyt.
    Nothing is, everything is becoming.

sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000)
    anyone else bothered by what Obama said about the situation - without having any real knowledge of what happened?
    Misc Scotch Crew.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=591771253&posted=1#post591771253
    ITT We drink like men

Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniepwils is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Daniepwils View Post
    If you're watching TV, AP just reported that the Sergeant in an expert in racial profiling and has been teaching classes for 5 years about how not to be racist while working as a police officer.

fixed for accuracy
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32092715...and_ethnicity/

IT is the police officer (Sergeant) I am talking about.
    Last edited by Daniepwils; 07-23-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000) newequation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sizeNstrength View Post
    anyone else bothered by what Obama said about the situation - without having any real knowledge of what happened?
    Obama acted stupidly.
    Nothing is, everything is becoming.

sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by newequation View Post
    Obama acted stupidly.
    ...and the lulz were just had.
    Misc Scotch Crew.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=591771253&posted=1#post591771253
    ITT We drink like men

_J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by newequation View Post
    Obama acted stupidly.
    I agree...he really has no business commenting on what a local PD did without knowing all the facts. Even then, it's not that big of a deal.

Obama should focus on more important things right now.