dpredator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

basketball, need some help please!!

Hi, Im a 18 years old ball player who doesnt want to bust his last chance to play at an higher level. So here is my situation, being only 6'' and weigth 195 for 11% of body fat I used to play forward all my life. But now to play at an higher level I need to become an undersized combo guard and develop speed & quickness a lot. I still have 2 season before college(I'm from qc) which is a lot, but now i need to convince my coach that i can play guard . So if there is someone who could give me some tips on nutrition, training , guard stuff and everything I will be glad!! This my last shot and I dont want to miss it!!
    thank a lot( and sorry if my english is tough to understand )

GodfatherWill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dpredator View Post
    Hi, Im a 18 years old ball player who doesnt want to bust his last chance to play at an higher level. So here is my situation, being only 6'' and weigth 195 for 11% of body fat I used to play forward all my life. But now to play at an higher level I need to become an undersized combo guard and develop speed & quickness a lot. I still have 2 season before college(I'm from qc) which is a lot, but now i need to convince my coach that i can play guard . So if there is someone who could give me some tips on nutrition, training , guard stuff and everything I will be glad!! This my last shot and I dont want to miss it!!
    Do two ball dribblings workouts, alternating and pound it at the same time. Nutrition is basically on personal preference, but everytime I go to a practice or game I like to eat bread or pasta for the energy. I would focus alot on ballhandling, because guards are the ones coaches rely on to bring the ball up and make plays, even driving. Maravich drills would help alot on ballhandling. If you want to increase speed, you should try plyometrics or jumping rope. Instead of running for stamina, I'd reccomend a series of sprints

emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emailbastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Work on your fast twitch muscles and do a lot of ball handling drills for sure.

ok thanks guys I appreciate it. So I'm gonna do some plyometric workout and ballhandling drills. If someone has other thing to propose it would be cool. Like more specific thing about nutrition and training(upper body!!).
    thanks again!!

Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alex465 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok thanks guys I appreciate it. So I'm gonna do some plyometric workout and ballhandling drills. If someone has other thing to propose it would be cool. Like more specific thing about nutrition and training(upper body!!).
    thanks again!!
    You can do plyos in addition to your squats and deadlifts/

Alex465, you mean during the same workout?? Or on different day??

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are really serious then do some research & hire a trainer.

If you are "dead" serious then hire this guy. http://charlespoliquin.com/Coaches/Albert.php

4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

waah?

you're gonna be an 18 year old junior?
    are you sure you'll be allowed to play?
    Will you still rep me when I'm no longer age:20 and aesthetic?

thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what team in qc are you trying out for?

nah..

Here we are done with HS at 17, then we go to ''cegep'' for 2-3 years then we can go to the university... i completed one year of cegep and got 2 remaining. And for the team I want to try out, It will depend of where I will go for my study its not sure yet. But I a french speaking university would suit me better. So UQAM and Laval are the best place. But I have tons of work to do, thats why I need to get some tips, I'm pretty sure its realistic but it wont be easy at all!

jfroning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jfroning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jfroning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jfroning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jfroning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jfroning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I went from a 4 to a 3 after high school, so there wasn't a big change like a 4 to a 1 would be, but it sounds like you're in the same boat. The best thing to do is to work on dribbling like was touched on earlier. If you've already got that down, work on your 15' and back shots because your post moves won't do too much good now that you're playing at a higher level and the competition will more than likely be bigger, stronger, and faster. You'll have your chances at fast breaks and lay ups, but if you can prove you've got range, I'd say your chances would be pretty good to get playing time.

ok thanks a lot man (Y). Its good to read a story like yours. if there's another tips im always listening!!!!
    chow!!

Registered User sportsblondiex3's Avatar
    sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sportsblondiex3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

air alert (google it, its a pylometrics workout) ; this will help your jumping and speed/quickness
    and def. work on your dribbling with both hands. shooting
    foul shots for sure.
    live to play ; play to win

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here we are done with HS at 17, then we go to ''cegep'' for 2-3 years then we can go to the university... i completed one year of cegep and got 2 remaining. And for the team I want to try out, It will depend of where I will go for my study its not sure yet. But I a french speaking university would suit me better. So UQAM and Laval are the best place. But I have tons of work to do, thats why I need to get some tips, I'm pretty sure its realistic but it wont be easy at all!
    If you live in Montreal then go to the Poliquin Performance Center. I believe Andre Benoit runs it. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and is well worth the $$$$$$.

Registered User ShootingStars23's Avatar
    ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi, Im a 18 years old ball player who doesnt want to bust his last chance to play at an higher level. So here is my situation, being only 6'' and weigth 195 for 11% of body fat I used to play forward all my life. But now to play at an higher level I need to become an undersized combo guard and develop speed & quickness a lot. I still have 2 season before college(I'm from qc) which is a lot, but now i need to convince my coach that i can play guard . So if there is someone who could give me some tips on nutrition, training , guard stuff and everything I will be glad!! This my last shot and I dont want to miss it!! Finally,
    You need to do a lot if two ball dribbling and make sure your handle is tight. The most important thing for an undersized guard to make is a handle. Also, you need to develop your arsenal of moves, finishes, and shots if you are undersized you need to be very crafty and deceptive in the way you play because you do not have the same blazing speed or overpowering ability that others might have i.e Steve Nash. Second, you need to make sure you are making at least 400-500 shots everyday. You need to be a knock down shooter or else they will treat you like Rondo and just leave you open. Finally, you need to develop your explosiveness NOT speed the most important physical aspect one may possess in basketball outside of height is explosiveness or quickness because the game is often played in short quick bursts of speed.

For more tips, tricks, motivation, training tips, or to talk about anything sports please check out my website
    Last edited by ShootingStars23; 07-10-2015 at 11:05 AM.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ShootingStars23 View Post
    You need to do a lot if two ball dribbling and make sure your handle is tight. The most important thing for an undersized guard to make is a handle. Also, you need to develop your arsenal of moves, finishes, and shots if you are undersized you need to be very crafty and deceptive in the way you play because you do not have the same blazing speed or overpowering ability that others might have i.e Steve Nash. Second, you need to make sure you are making at least 400-500 shots everyday. You need to be a knock down shooter or else they will treat you like Rondo and just leave you open. Finally, you need to develop your explosiveness NOT speed the most important physical aspect one may possess in basketball outside of height is explosiveness or quickness because the game is often played in short quick bursts of speed.

For more tips, tricks, motivation, training tips, or to talk about anything sports please check out my website
    For the sake of Pete! Look at the dates of the posts you're replying to.