peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exercises that pull shoulders back?

Hey, i'm wondering which exercises pull your shoulders back because after a brief encounter with a physio as when i do the movement of lateral raises and other movements such as shoulder push i can feel like tension in my "trap" the only way i can descriobe is like if you run your hand along a metal security fence, it has that sort of feel of click click click.

she said my shoulders need to be pulled back more, and she could get my hand under my shoulder blades. Unfortunatelty i didn't have enough time to ask her what exercises. So which exercises can i do?

Thanks for reading.

Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pull ups , pull downs?
    I used to have an AVI of my traps and neck. I changed it a while back and tried editing my user title but this website is glitched and it will not let me change it anymore.

Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000) Krique is just really nice. (+1000)
    What kind've back workouts do you do?

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    Hey, i'm wondering which exercises pull your shoulders back because after a brief encounter with a physio as when i do the movement of lateral raises and other movements such as shoulder push i can feel like tension in my "trap" the only way i can descriobe is like if you run your hand along a metal security fence, it has that sort of feel of click click click.

she said my shoulders need to be pulled back more, and she could get my hand under my shoulder blades. Unfortunatelty i didn't have enough time to ask her what exercises. So which exercises can i do?

Thanks for reading.
    Hold for 30 seconds for 3-4 sets, 1-3x a day, use weights if you like, DO NOT let your shoulders protract at any part of the motion.

Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rows and other exercises that work ur upper back in the horizontal plane. also important to stretch ur chest and anterior delts. tight pecs r the biggest cause of forward shoulders in most guys.

askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by grimacer View Post
    rows and other exercises that work ur upper back in the horizontal plane. also important to stretch ur chest and anterior delts. tight pecs r the biggest cause of forward shoulders in most guys.
    Good call, but keep in mind, doing rows 1 workout a week is not going to have that much of an effect on chronic bad posture.

The exercise I posted above multiple times every day along with pec stretching as you stated is going to be the best way to correct posture.
    Last edited by askthetrainer; 07-22-2009 at 12:57 PM.

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lots of rows, stretching, and posture practice (try to visualize a string attached to your upper chest and pulling upwards to help). face pulls are also a great exercise, I'd definitely include them with your shoulder workouts.

peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peteo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Good call, but keep in mind, doing rows 1 workout a week is not going to have that much of an effect on chronic bad posture.

The exercise I posted above multiple times every day along with pec stretching as you stated is going to be the best way to correct posture.
    Thank you so much everyone, especially this guy. I will do those exercises, but is doing those for 3 times a day too much? How do i stretch my pecs? Sorry, if this sounds beginner ish lol. What does protract mean?

Any other things that may help this or my posture etc?

Grimmacer-what is a horizontal plane? And how do you stretch your anterior delts?

Thank you so much, seriously if i can sort this out i will be so happy!

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Hold for 30 seconds for 3-4 sets, 1-3x a day, use weights if you like, DO NOT let your shoulders protract at any part of the motion.

[youtube]kdWi2eCkvHY[../youtube]
    Reps on recharge.

Originally Posted by Krique View Post
    What kind've back workouts do you do?
    My back workout consists of:

Pull-ups
    1 arm dumbell rows
    Seated cable rows
    Lat pulldowns.

All 3 sets 10-12 reps.

Is this ok?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do it in this order. Also throw in some rear delt exercises; they will help with your posture.

Pull-ups
    Lat pulldowns
    1 arm dumbell rows
    Seated cable rows

Thank you so much everyone, especially this guy. I will do those exercises, but is doing those for 3 times a day too much? How do i stretch my pecs? Sorry, if this sounds beginner ish lol. What does protract mean?

Grimmacer-what is a horizontal plane? And how do you stretch your anterior delts?

3x a day too much? Think about it... You're trying to counteract slouching which you do for almost 24 hours a day. That exercise (floor cobra) stretches your pecs by reciprocal inhibition.

A simple chest stretch

Make sure to keep your core and glutes contracted and do not elevate your shoulders (contract your upper traps) while you hold the stretch for at least 30 seconds 3+x a day on each side.

Just tried this by the way, i could only do 30 seconds, but will hopefulyl be abkle to do more reps. But i can feel my lower back working lots, and my upper back hardly working? Is this normal? Is my back weak? I get back pain sometimes could this be why?

Thanks, i really appreciate your time.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    Do it in this order. Also throw in some rear delt exercises; they will help with your posture.

Pull-ups
    Lat pulldowns
    1 arm dumbell rows
    Seated cable rows
    This, everyone is suggesting back exercises but it is best that you do rear delt exercises, these will pull the shoulders back, bent over lateral raises will help.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

- Leangains - IIFYM -

Just tried this by the way, i could only do 30 seconds, but will hopefulyl be abkle to do more reps. But i can feel my lower back working lots, and my upper back hardly working? Is this normal? Is my back weak? I get back pain sometimes could this be why?

Thanks, i really appreciate your time.
    You probably have upper & lower crossed syndrome

Contract your glutes at all times while performing that floor cobra, it should help by holding your pelvis in neutral position.

You may want to check out the following page w/ some helpful info, it's 4am here in Bangkok and I have Muay Thai tomorrow, I'm out, peace, good luck w/ fixing your posture

Posture Problems
    Last edited by askthetrainer; 07-22-2009 at 01:59 PM.

BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000)
    2 often neglected areas to help pull the shoulders back and give you better posture is

1. Increase range of hamstrings. Stretch them out. If you have poor range of motion in your hamstrings, the body's natural way to compensate is to pull the shoulders and round out the lower back.

2. Keep the lower back and forward midsection tight and in. This creates a more natural lower a curve which forces the upper back and shoulders to compensate by moving back.

grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

horizontal plane- if ur standing up, pushing or pulling something forward or back is in the horizontal plane. up and down is the vertical plane.

kind of hard to describe stretches on here, but a good 1 for anterior delts is to hold ur hands together behind ur back and raise them up for a stretch.

regardless tho, the best advice so far is doing the prone cobra daily, it's not a hypertrophy or strength exercise so it is ok to do it often.

Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    dunnee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dunnee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    to be honest you want to build up your rear deltoids. I'm guessing your one of the people who focus too much on a big chest and end up with **** posture resulting in said medical condition?

hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawkcapt1912 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks for reading.
    incorporate face pulls into your routine. They do wonders for rear delt strength and scapular retraction. I do them as an accessory lift for flat bench.