buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Wrong,wrong,wrong..........maybe not!

Hi guys,
    I spent days and nights reading and comparing opinions on dieting and protein intake.
    I don't know how much calories do I need a day but I'm taking 310grams -protein,around 100grams of carbs and 38-40 grams of fat all day every day.
    Now I think it's not so important how much calories you are eating but where they come from-carbs,fat or protein.
    Is it good or bad to take that much protein and at the same time such a small amount of carbs?According to most balanced diets I should take around 350grams of carbs per day.
    The food I'm eating along with 5 l of water make me stuffed big time nevermind to nearly double the food.
    Maybe I'm wrong and if so I will appreciate your opinion even that my own diet works pretty well for me so far.
    I'm trying to cut down the fat to %12-13-any suggestions to help?

Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000)
    hmmmm

buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) buildoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what do you mean?

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well yeah, just lower calories or do more exercise to create a bigger calorie deficit, it really is that simple.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by buildoneday View Post
    Hi guys,
    I don't know how much calories do I need a day but I'm taking 310grams -protein,around 100grams of carbs and 38-40 grams of fat all day every day.
    Now I think it's not so important how much calories you are eating but where they come from-carbs,fat or protein.
    To me, the two most important things are calorie requirement and protein intake. I think unless you're over 300lbs, you're consuming WAY too much protein.

I'd start with calories. If you search my posts, I've posted a spreadsheet that will do this for you. If I remember correctly, the sticky has a tool to estimate calories and if not, simply google basal metabolic rate.

I'd start with 1gram of protein for each 1lb of weight. Find your total calorie requirement and subtract out your protein calories (5-6 calories for each gram of protein)

For me at 180, 17% bodyfat, I'm losing 1.5lbs a week at 1700 calories. When I was over 200lbs, I was able to do the same thing with 2,000 calories. I consume about 160-180 grams of protein.

Make sure to add in some essential fatty acids with nuts, olive oil, fish oil supplements, fish or flaxseed.

Good luck

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by buildoneday View Post
    Hi guys,
    I spent days and nights reading and comparing opinions on dieting and protein intake.
    Now I think it's not so important how much calories you are eating but where they come from-carbs,fat or protein.not rly, see below
    Is it good or bad to take that much protein and at the same time such a small amount of carbs?According to most balanced diets I should take around 350grams of carbs per day.
    The food I'm eating along with 5 l of water make me stuffed big time nevermind to nearly double the food.
    Maybe I'm wrong and if so I will appreciate your opinion even that my own diet works pretty well for me so far.
    I'm trying to cut down the fat to %12-13-any suggestions to help?
    Originally Posted by icall View Post
    To me, the two most important things are calorie requirement and protein intake. <<<this I think unless you're over 300lbs, you're consuming WAY too much protein.

I'd start with calories. If you search my posts, I've posted a spreadsheet that will do this for you. If I remember correctly, the sticky has a tool to estimate calories and if not, simply google basal metabolic rate.

I'd start with 1gram of protein for each 1lb of weight. Find your total calorie requirement and subtract out your protein calories (5-6 calories for each gram of protein)

For me at 180, 17% bodyfat, I'm losing 1.5lbs a week at 1700 calories. When I was over 200lbs, I was able to do the same thing with 2,000 calories. I consume about 160-180 grams of protein.

Make sure to add in some essential fatty acids with nuts, olive oil, fish oil supplements, fish or flaxseed.

Good luck
    ^that

gl

hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Let me add my vote to the "too much protein" group. Read the science and understand how they come up with daily protein requirements, and you will soon understand that 100g per day is plenty. The UN World Health Organization specifies 0.75 per kilo (and you are only 96 kilos) while the US RDA is 0.8g. Excess protein is just eliminated in the urine so you are wasting money here! While a lot of people think "more is better", just because you have amino acids available does no mean that and excess will cause you to build muscle faster. In two controlled studies with highly trained athletes the protein requirement maxed out at 1.5g and 1.6g per kgd. You are at 3.1g and I doubt you are ready for the Olympics.

As for the other nutrients, the body has no essential requirement for carbs although it is almost impossible to have a totally carb free diet. Some people, notably epileptics, live on a very low carb diet indefinitely.

Science aside, is this how you want to eat? The goal of a big cut for those of us who are spongy is to lose weight and change habits so that we can keep it off. Adopt a sensible diet that you can eat for the rest of your life and you will be far better off. Those who go to extremes like this might lose weight, but they are also the ones most likely to add it back quickly because they didn't develop healthy new habits.
    May 31 WT: 227.6 BF%: 33.2%
    June 28 WT: 216.2 BF%: 32.0%
    July 26 WT: 207.6 BF%: 30.2%
    Aug 30 WT: 199.8 BF%: 28.7%

Goal WT: 155 BF%: 10.0%

BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    # of Cals > everything else
    thiago alves
    future champ