bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

should i bulk or cut first?

Hey just a quick question. i am 21 yr old male and about 6ft 1 and 185lbs with around 17% bodyfat. I want to lower my bodyfat but in order to do so should i cut first or bulk up first? I don't know the pros/cons of doing either first.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you bulk, you will most likely lose a little fat if you are just starting. You will also have a better foundation of lean mass and exercises.

If you cut first, then the weight you do put on tends to go more towards muscle (I can't validate that though) plus you will be able to see the results of later bulks better.

In the end you have to do what you are most comfortable with.

Peace
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're new to free weights, I'd recommend cutting first. This will give you a chance not only to lower your bodyfat, but also get better at compound lifts (squat, deadlift, benchpress, rows) so that when you do bulk, you'll have your form down and be doing it with weight that will make a difference.

I'm about 17% at 180 and plan on cutting to 10% and then bulking.

In the end, its personal preference.

dechaine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cut first then bulk up bro....then (usually) after geting to where u want, when you start lifting for muscle mass (if you do) you will look better IMO