F16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I build forearms using dumbbells?

Alright lads and gals. I?m new to body building. I?ve only been using dumbbells for two months and my biceps are coming along nicely but I can?t seem to build my forearms.

I don?t use the gym and at the moment I just use dumbbells. Is there anything I can do with them specifically to build the forearms?

Any exercise suggestions etc would be great.

tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by F16 View Post
    Alright lads and gals. I?m new to body building. I?ve only been using dumbbells for two months and my biceps are coming along nicely but I can?t seem to build my forearms.

I don?t use the gym and at the moment I just use dumbbells. Is there anything I can do with them specifically to build the forearms?

1. Get a gym membership
    2. Learn how to deadlift properly
    3. Deadlift a lot of weight

Add them all together = big forearms.

emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How heavy of dumbbells do you have? Just pick up as heavy of a set as you can grip and walk around with them for like a minute. If you can't carry them that long, get a lighter set. If it's easy for you, get a heavier set.

It's called a farmer's walk. I've seen it recommended in other threads (since this same thread is done just about every day), and tried it the other day and it was pretty effective. Give it a try.

Originally Posted by tom10 View Post
    1. Get a gym membership
    2. Learn how to deadlift properly
    3. Deadlift a lot of weight

Add them all together = big forearms.

Thanks for the deadlifting suggestion. I didn?t even know that was a good exercise for the forearms. I?m totally new to this game.

Gym membership isn?t a good option for me at the moment. Is there nothing I can do with the humble dumbbell?

Originally Posted by emac_fenian View Post
    How heavy of dumbbells do you have? Just pick up as heavy of a set as you can grip and walk around with them for like a minute. If you can't carry them that long, get a lighter set. If it's easy for you, get a heavier set.

It's called a farmer's walk. I've seen it recommended in other threads (since this same thread is done just about every day), and tried it the other day and it was pretty effective. Give it a try.
    That sounds like a good option. I will need to buy a new set though as the biggest weight in my current set is 4.5 kg (stop s******ing in the back).

tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That sounds like a good option. I will need to buy a new set though as the biggest weight in my current set is 4.5 kg (stop s******ing in the back).
    You're gonna need some heavy **** for a farmers walk. The way weights run these days, its probably cheaper to just join a gym and infinitely more valuble.

Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Try reverse dumbbell curls if you haven't already

Originally Posted by Edge118 View Post
    Try reverse dumbbell curls if you haven't already
    Will give that a try too. How many a day do you think?

RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reverse curls, hammer curls, zottman curls (these last three are mainly bicep movements that involve the forearms more than most curls), reg. and reverse wrist curls, farmers walks, static holds, etc.

I'd say work your forearms 2x a week if they are lagging.

Thanks everyone. Will give these a try.