Thread: Nutrition Books

isaacbaeza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Nutrition Books

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or knows of a Nutrition book or books that explain the science of digestion and use of macro and important micro nutrients. I am looking for a non bias just simple facts kind of book that goes in depth. Please leave me your suggestions!

Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

dig in
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 10-02-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: removed illegal link
    On a journey to the brighter side of life.
    Writing about depression & self-development.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My blog: www.boyunderthebridge.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

isaacbaeza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would also like to see some suggestions.

Veg can't get big lolwut? Mr.Runner's Avatar
    Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I enjoyed reading "Power Eating". It's by a woman, Susan-something I think, who goes into bulking, cutting, contest prep, and whatnot.

But it's not strictly for bodybuilders. It has an extensive list of vitamins and minerals, their ideal amounts, at what levels they become toxic.

It's a pretty good starting point.
    I only seem like I know what I'm talking about, because I only talk about things that I know about.

"One farmer says to me: 'You cannot live on vegetable foods solely, for it furnishes nothing to make bones with,' walking all the while he talks behind his oxen, who with vegetable made bones jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle."

-Henry David Thoreau

thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I'd recommend starting with Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes, just so you know what you're getting in to and can start off this process with a rather skeptical mind.

JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000) JmoFinD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nutrient Timing by Dr. John Ivey
    The Body Opus by Dan Duchaine (more than just about nutrition)
    Muscle Revolution by Chad Waterbury was a pretty good book but it wasnt really about nutrition (had some info in it)

or

Look for Lyle McDonald books, writes alot about different diets
    luck is when opportunity meets preparation!

prokyon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is a book by Yair Karni, written for the GNC Pro Performance series. The problem is that this book is written in Hebrew and I cannot find anything in English, nor can I find any other books by this guy in English. For those who don't know, Yair is supposed to be this world-famous nutrition guru.

I liked this book a lot because it is very short and just gives the basics of nutrition: basically a do-this-do-that manual, gets right to the point.

Does anyone know of similar books in English?
    Obsessed is the word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Girth Control: The Science of Fat Loss & Muscle Gain; by Alan Aragon

http://www.alanaragon.com/my-book.html
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nano.ix View Post
    Girth Control: The Science of Fat Loss & Muscle Gain; by Alan Aragon

http://www.alanaragon.com/my-book.html
    I second this suggestion.
    Boxing Promoter, keystonebox.com

IG/Twitter/Snap: lorinelise8 (stalk away)

Hidamari is life Lifterforlife10's Avatar
    Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lorinelise View Post
    I second this suggestion.
    I want this book so badly, anyone know if it is sold in stores in Canada, or am I stuck getting it online.
    Books I have seen recommended through my own searches include:
    "advanced nutrition & human metabolism" - by groff, et al
    biochemistry: a foundation" - peck & ritter
    Arnold Schwarzenegger's encyclopaedia to modern bodybuilding
    Championship Bodybuilding: Chris Aceto's Instruction Book For Bodybuilding

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ianstewart View Post
    I want this book so badly, anyone know if it is sold in stores in Canada, or am I stuck getting it online.
    Books I have seen recommended through my own searches include:
    "advanced nutrition & human metabolism" - by groff, et al
    biochemistry: a foundation" - peck & ritter
    Arnold Schwarzenegger's encyclopaedia to modern bodybuilding
    Championship Bodybuilding: Chris Aceto's Instruction Book For Bodybuilding
    online, but its worth it.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Someone had posted a good collection of books that I had bookmarked.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post304709611

prokyon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found a ton of other free books... but because my post count is low I cannot post a direct link, so let me improvise:
    foro.musclecoop.com/ showthread. php ?t = 20784 (remove spaces and place http at the beginning).

Does the book Girth Control have a sample meal plan? The outline looks good. Contemplating spending the $$$.
    Obsessed is the word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated.