Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Congratulations once again Paul. Your physique is what I'm striving for myself. Good luck with your next show.
    Thanks Vytis that is the best compliment I could ever get...other than Bill Gates telling me he wants to be as rich as me...

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    try 9 months

but hell man, my season didn't exactly go to plan, an injury and some crazy life experiences lead me to not being ready early and being able to eat into the shows....I only started increasing my calories for the last 2 weeks of 38 weeks...I think your in a better position than I was, and I wouldnt be surprised if you held 2 pro cards pretty soon
    You definitely over came some obstacles. I think prep improves as you go along, I know I have gotten stronger on a few of my lifts over the course of prep and found more muscle then I expected. I am certain I have honed my physique over the last 24 weeks to a point that 16 just would not have done...I am sure yours was the same way.

Originally Posted by Lando33 View Post
    Sorry for being late to the party!

Paul - congrats on your big win, it was very much deserved.

Welcome to the Pros!
    Hey Rob...your not late its just getting started!

Originally Posted by RUBICON19 View Post
    HUGE congrats.. Just had to, 1 more time!!!
    Make it two or three more times...once a page!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wednesday November 11th, 2009

Back and Biceps

Pullups
    bwx10, +35x5, +35x5, bwx10, bwx8 30 second rest between sets

Tbar rows
    4platesx4, 4+25x5 for 3 sets 1 minute rest

High Cable Rows
    160x8, 175x8, 190x8

Low Cable Rows
    140x8, 155x8, 170x8

HS Preacher Curl
    90x8, 115x5, 115x5, 115x5

Standing Barbell Curl
    80x8, 90x8, 100x8 superset Hammer Curl 35x10

HIIT Cardio

Tonight was a mix of heavy and fast in the gym as I wanted to move some good weight but get my heart rate up as well. My back was full of blood and my vascularity was throught the roof. Because I was going to the Magic game I got to the gym at 5:30 and was out by 6:40. My workout partners loved it and were catching thier breath all workout. Reminds me how good my conditioning is when I see them huffing, but they did great.

Magic sucked but it was still great to see LeBron, Dwight and the rest of the guys. Woke up at a new low weight for this prep today, 196.6....With today and tomorrow being my lowest carb days I expect to burn some fat off these glutes and truly bring some great conditioning to the OCB Midwest States in ten days.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like you had a blast last night Paul in the gym and at the game. Gotta love seeing your workout partner or friends huffin and buffin while your like what. lol Keep up the great work, before you know it the second comp will be here.
    TEAM SCIVATION
    http://www.scivation.com/

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. - Dr. Napoleon Hill

The most important thing about having goals is having one. Geoffrey F. Abert

[url]www.bodybuilding.com[/url] transfromation
    [url]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/billy-urias-lost-a-total-of-71-lbs-and-took-his-life-back.htm[/url]

[url]www.muscleandstrength.com[/url] transformation
    [url]http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/billy-urias-body-transformation.html[/url]

muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    paul,

in the first page of your journal you say that you consumed 400g of carbs a day.What kind of carbs where you eating? im trying to eat 350 and im having a hard time so looking for advice.

scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Thanks Scooby...at some point I would really like to chat with you. Not sure if you have any plans to attend some shows this year...you doing the Arnold or Olympia...I am leaning toward the Olympia this year.
    If anything it would be the Arnold. Its not far from my home, Im about 1 hr south or columbus, maybe 1.5 hrs. Would love to chat with you too. Ill let you know if I make the Arnold.
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete: http://scivation.com/teamscivation/jasontheobald.htm
    www.nattynutrition.com
    www.physiquetalk.com

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    single digits before the stage again!

Originally Posted by BillyUrias View Post
    Sounds like you had a blast last night Paul in the gym and at the game. Gotta love seeing your workout partner or friends huffin and buffin while your like what. lol Keep up the great work, before you know it the second comp will be here.
    8 days away from freedom...by freedom I mean I can eat anything I want and not leave the house worrying about my next meal, lol.

Originally Posted by muscleandgains View Post
    paul,

in the first page of your journal you say that you consumed 400g of carbs a day.What kind of carbs where you eating? im trying to eat 350 and im having a hard time so looking for advice.
    Easy Carbs. I seem to be sensitive to certain grains of bread so I have eliminated them for the time being. I will figure out what breads I can eat off season. I have purchased some Ezekial Bread much must remain frozen and will be trying that. For me now I use Baked Lays, Sweet Potatoes, Rice Cakes, Fiber One Bars, Oats and Honey Bars. I also used alot of Rice off season with a rice cooker. I am sure others can chime in with lots of great ideas but I keep it simple as the show approaches...getting more creative off season with pasta, bread and those things.

Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    If anything it would be the Arnold. Its not far from my home, Im about 1 hr south or columbus, maybe 1.5 hrs. Would love to chat with you too. Ill let you know if I make the Arnold.
    Cool, I am not sure if we are going to the Arnold but my sisters best friend lives a few minutes from the expo hall and we stayed with her last year...really cheap trip with no rental car or hotel so perhaps.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

single digits before the stage again!
    Yes sir...and I am ready for this to be over. I love prep but I am ready to eat again and enjoy being a skinny guy with a huge appetite.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Peak Week number two...

Well this weekend was spent being very busy. Misty and I drove over to my parents neck of the woods in Clearwater, Fl for a night. I had a photoshoot setup with a friend of mine who is just starting her own business and loves fitness photography. Together she and I are going to be launching some business together. I will use my IT knowledge to help her get her site going and she is going to take some pictures which make me look good. I have a few to show now but honestly there were some amazing shots which I will get later on.

I also experimented with a high fat, carb, sodium meal about 2 hours before the shoot and that worked very well. I thought of this after seeing how I looked post contest last week. I had a huge burger with fries. I ended up not getting dessert and when I got home it was crazy how full I looked. I may use this strategy in Dekalb if I can find a burger place which works.

Friday was chest and triceps which I spent with my friend Rob at Gold's in Dr. Phillips. The workout was great and then we sat down to go over Rob's contest prep for the 2010 Mid Florida Classic. He will be entering his first show and I am going to offer my services free and see where we can get him.

Saturday was the photo shoot and 15 HIIT sprints, which about killed me. I am exhausted at this point in prep and for whatever reason I was just dead.

Today I am going in for Shoulders and Traps as well as 10 HIIT sprints. I will also do some posing and check my conditioning again. This week should go fast as I work until Wednesday, then leave for Indianapolis to meet up with Tommy and Kera. Misty and I will crash with them before leaving for Dekalb on Friday for the drug test. Friday night we will meet up with Layne and Isabel for a workout, I think Tommy and Kera should be there too so I am very excited to be around all these great people....and now I get to say I am a pro like them, lol....sounds crazy.

Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    EPIC!!! No other words really fit to describe the top picture! The leg seperation and cuts are unreal!

Originally Posted by Sean15782 View Post
    EPIC!!! No other words really fit to describe the top picture! The leg seperation and cuts are unreal!
    Thanks I was pleasantly surprised with that as well. Wait until I get some pictures from my mandatory poses, my legs looked crazy in those as well.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Sunday November 15th, 2009

Another amazing weekend and I am excited to be where I am. A few more days of work and then I can focus on hitting the stage one last time this year. I woke up extremely tight this morning. I am quite sure my body is going to look slightly different on stage this time around...and for the better.

Sunday was spent washing both cars, and the dog. The weather was about 78 degrees and Sunny so every reason to be outside. I watched the Bucs lose in yet another new way...and then hit the gym for shoulders and HIIT cardio.

Military Press 4 sets of 10
    Upright rows 4 sets of 10
    DB Lateral Raise 3 sets of 12 final set two drops
    Reverse Flyes SuperSet with Smith Shrugs
    DB Shrugs

10 HIIT sprints

All day I felt a bit flat which is usually the case after doing insane HIIT cardio and being on low carbs(for me). But after the workout I actually did some posing and felt pretty damn good. My abs look great, lower back and hams all tight. Monday I get an insane amount of carbs and should begin to fill back out before I hit legs and 30 minutes of cardio.

Sunday night was also food prep night and Misty cooked everthying I bought while I was at the gym. If you have not done contest prep then you have no idea how nice it is to have someone cook and weigh your food. If you have done prep well you know how lucky I am.

Here is what 4lbs of Tilapia, 6lbs of chicken and a few lbs of sweet potatoes look like.

Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Monday November 16th, 2009

Hack Squat
    4 sets 10 with 270

SLDL
    4 sets 12 with 185

Leg Press
    4x12, 5x12, 6x12 ss calves

Barbell lunges
    3 sets 12

Leg Curl
    3 sets 12

Leg Extension
    3 sets 15

30 minutes cardio on the bike

Peek Week leg day and it was fun. My lower back had a slight pain so I went light on SLDL's because not being able to walk at this point in prep would be no good. I had the sickest vascularity to date going on and even my training partner was freaked a bit. I still have quite a dark complexion from last contest and all the tanning so my legs looked pretty cool. Add to that the 450 carbs from Monday and you get a nice pump going. My conditioning is so good right now that I could do this workout non stop. My workout partner reminds me how good of shape I am in at this point. I look forward to the coming weeks when I begin to really fight for some new muscle and go through the pain he is going through during the workouts. My legs are going to explode this off season...think Ben Goins but lankier...lol.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10) BillyUrias is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks outstanding in those pics Paul (no-homo). Cant wait to see you post those other pics. Damn its already peak week again. Time sure does fly when your having fun.
    TEAM SCIVATION

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. - Dr. Napoleon Hill

[url]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/billy-urias-lost-a-total-of-71-lbs-and-took-his-life-back.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/billy-urias-body-transformation.html[/url]

Tuesday November 17th, 2009

Wide Grip Pullups
    bwx10 4 sets

Tbar Rows
    4 platesx12 3 sets, 3platesx10

High Cable Narrow Grip Pulldown
    160x12 3 sets

Bent Over Rows
    115x12, 145x12, 145x12

Standing barbell Curls
    65x12, 85x10, 85x10, 65x10

Hammer Curls
    35x8 3 sets

Concentration Curls
    30x8, 30x8, 25x10

30 minutes cardio

Two days in a row of high carbs and this workout felt great. I had a ton of energy which I am sure had alot to do with all the carbs. I am also getting so excited about this weekend that I am getting anxious. Just one more day at work and then its off to Indianapolis, and I still need to get some warm clothes.

I took some pictures post workout and I am quite certain that i am in better condition than I was going into my last contest. I felt that way the last couple mornings and now with some carbs I am sure. I think its going to get better each day...We shall see what tomorrow brings.

I can see some more detail in my lower back...I am excited about this.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you look granier for sure....damn...this is gonna be sick!

you look granier for sure....damn...this is gonna be sick!

Thanks Eric...Had some new deeper glute striations today to go along with last nights tighter lower back. I have a feeling this weekend will bring some top level conditioning. Let's hope it carries me to the top one more time!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Thanks Eric...Had some new deeper glute striations today to go along with last nights tighter lower back. I have a feeling this weekend will bring some top level conditioning. Let's hope it carries me to the top one more time!
    well hell man, no matter where it carries you, you've achieved an elite level physique and blown away your previous showing, congrats!

oh btw....can I get your autograph?

well hell man, no matter where it carries you, you've achieved an elite level physique and blown away your previous showing, congrats!
    Yes bottom line is I got better, alot better. Now I am anxious to see what I can do with another year of experience and more motivation.

I am famous, woohoo...
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm WOWED once again at your updated pics! Nailing it x 2! Own it again, Paul and take what you're worth!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

-Mediocrity is NOT an Option-

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OH man!! TWO DAYS
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CompRob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kill it Paul! Show the Midwest what us Florida builders are made of!
    GROW IT TO SHOW IT! BAM!

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    OH man!! TWO DAYS
    x2, I am all jettery just knowing you will be competeing again. Make me all ready for my show in April. Its time to bring home the gold again Paul.
    TEAM SCIVATION

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    OH man!! TWO DAYS
    almost there, thanks for the support

Originally Posted by semper27 View Post
    I'm WOWED once again at your updated pics! Nailing it x 2! Own it again, Paul and take what you're worth!
    thanks Ben you know I will
    Originally Posted by Rob Anderson View Post
    Kill it Paul! Show the Midwest what us Florida builders are made of!
    will do buddy

Originally Posted by BillyUrias View Post
    x2, I am all jettery just knowing you will be competeing again. Make me all ready for my show in April. Its time to bring home the gold again Paul.
    you better get shredded for the shredder
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Misty and I landed in Indianapolis safely and made our way to the Jeffers residence. Kera cooked us a great meal before we headed off to meet Tommy at the gym. After Misty had a great workout with Kera and Tommy put me through my poses we headed back and As I type this as we are relaxing at thier place. We Leave for Dekaln tomorrow to meet with Layne and Isabel. These are the good times!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

nice! keep us updated!

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best of luck to you Paul.....you look better than your previous show......own the stage....
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

nice! keep us updated!
    update number 1, I have downloaded a photobucket app so I can load pics directly from my phone and put them in my thread...technology is great

Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    Best of luck to you Paul.....you look better than your previous show......own the stage....
    I agree and will do my best, thanks.

here are Tommy, Kera and Misty eating Kera's cookies. Not to worry she is making me some for Sunday.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    tommy is the width of two human beings. shiiiiiiit

Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast