notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Left Shoulder Higher Than Right

I started lifting at the gym just over 2 weeks ago and was in front of the mirror and noticed that when I do some exercises that my left shoulder like sits higher than my right shoulder does. I've noticed it when i do exercises from barbell curls to lateral and front raises and there's probably more I dont know about.

What is this caused by? (Is it due to my right arm being stronger than my left? Because I'm a right hander)
    And how can I fix it?

My shoulders are level when I am not lifting
    Last edited by notjustsomeone; 07-21-2009 at 12:17 AM.

dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000)
    scoliosis, search with google
    I rep back 5k+, just say 5k+

reps for life: Vai , Cgrimaldo

notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notjustsomeone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dunkalicious View Post
    scoliosis, search with google
    I don't think I have scoliosis, my chiropractor has never mentioned anything about it to me.

nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nemofishey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by notjustsomeone View Post
    I don't think I have scoliosis, my chiropractor has never mentioned anything about it to me.
    If one is truly higher than the other, than your chiropractor is doing a very bad job. Mention it to him next time you see him. My old chiropractor use to go to extreme lengths to check for any abnormalities and whatnot in my spine and body. But then he moved to Hawaii =(
    PM me any epic trance/dubstep/house songs for reps!

>>>Misc Persian Crew<<<
    :::Misc Cologne Crew:::

Reps for life: Ketobrah, ZachSmash, benwin21

ΘΧ
    Θηρόποεα Χείρ

Originally Posted by nemofishey View Post
    If one is truly higher than the other, than your chiropractor is doing a very bad job. Mention it to him next time you see him. My old chiropractor use to go to extreme lengths to check for any abnormalities and whatnot in my spine and body. But then he moved to Hawaii =(
    I will get it rechecked.

However, what I am saying is that my shoulders are only uneven when I lift.

toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like scoliosis. I saw in another thread you mentioned pectus excavatum. Both of these are symptoms of marfan syndrome. You should look into it, not saying you have it but you may be exhibiting signs of it.
    Cologne Crew
    Hot Sauce Crew
    1k+ everytiem 100%

Originally Posted by toolb0x View Post
    Sounds like scoliosis. I saw in another thread you mentioned pectus excavatum. Both of these are symptoms of marfan syndrome. You should look into it, not saying you have it but you may be exhibiting signs of it.
    Yes, I do have pectus excavatum. I just read a bit about Marfan Syndrome and it does look that I could have it (I also have flat feet, a smallish jaw and a lanky figure which are all symptoms).

toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toolb0x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get it checked out man, it's not a big deal. Just means you need to make sure you're heart is alright.
    Cologne Crew
    Hot Sauce Crew
    1k+ everytiem 100%

cheers man, will do
    repped for the help

Afelc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Afelc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lulz might be Marfan indeed. Go to see your doc, they will probably run few x-rays, ECG/EKG tests and stuff like that. Atleast they did for me.

Registered User fat_chicks_rock's Avatar
    fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000) fat_chicks_rock is just really nice. (+1000)
    Quit with the ****ing scoliosis people. I highly doubt his chiro wouldn;t have picked it up by now.

OP, look into a deep tissue massage, Ive seen people with the same problem returned to normal after a deep tissue massage and trigger point work removed the giant knot holding the shoulder higher. Chances are the problems stems from the levator scap. or the traps, easily fixed by any therpist with a good hard trap pinch and trigger point.
    More often than not, every dumb post I read is authored by someone from Texas.

Before you send me a pm asking for advice: If it's something you can easily find by two minutes of research, or something too blindingly stupid for a semi coherent person to concieve, I will not reply. I read every pm, so if I don't reply, congratulations, you're a fcking retard.