millerbrendan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Confusion

I know muscle confusion is important for growth. But do you switch excercises or the amount you lift or both. Like go to a lighter weight for higher reps for a month then go back to heavier and lower reps? I have limited choices for excercises I can do and I want to keep growing.

gyalgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by millerbrendan View Post
    I know muscle confusion is important for growth. But do you switch excercises or the amount you lift or both. Like go to a lighter weight for higher reps for a month then go back to heavier and lower reps? I have limited choices for excercises I can do and I want to keep growing.
    thanx alot

Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gallix23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by millerbrendan View Post
    Why do you have limited exercises? Normally, muscle confusion is changing up exercises and doing different exercise variations/doing exercises in an abnormal order. You could change the weight, but if it's still the same exercises it won't be as effective.

Originally Posted by Gallix23 View Post
    Why do you have limited exercises? Normally, muscle confusion is changing up exercises and doing different exercise variations/doing exercises in an abnormal order. You could change the weight, but if it's still the same exercises it won't be as effective.
    I'm in a really small town and have a small gym.

gbgamblers23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbgamblers23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbgamblers23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbgamblers23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    theres a lot you can do with just a couple dumbells

just go look at the excercise section of BB.com and i bet it will spark you creativity

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont get caught up in the so called muscle confusion. after a while of doing the same thing, a person will stall. that's when you change something. progression is the key

you can do the same exercises and change the sets and reps. example, instead of doing squats for 4x8, do 5x5, then maybe 3x15 and so on

Thank you guys for the help.

tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by james0566 View Post
    dont get caught up in the so called muscle confusion. after a while of doing the same thing, a person will stall. that's when you change something. progression is the key

you can do the same exercises and change the sets and reps. example, instead of doing squats for 4x8, do 5x5, then maybe 3x15 and so on
    ..muscles don't get confused only the brain does.. do a well structured routine based on the 4 main lifts is doing to do the trick..add a rep or two each week till you get what you want then add 2.5 / 5lbs and till you get the proper rep amount add 1 or 2 reps . Then when you get that add some more weight..