SWE-survival has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A Simple Beginner's Routine questions...

Been training for: 0 months.
    Goal: Muscle and size gaining.

My appoligies for my previous topic. Seems this forum contains more info then google displays after a search I came across this topic wich I think I will give a try.

Sticky - A Simple Beginner's Routine

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

I just wanted to ask if it matters how the calfraises are performed. One legged calfraises, barbell or dumbell?

Next to that I would like to ask if there are any usefull links or pages that go into the techniques of these exercises?

Also could this be combined with a daily fitness exercise of the following (about 30 minutes):

Slo-mo squats (3 sets, 2 min. per set, 1 min. rest)
    Elbow push-ups (3 sets, 1 min. per set, 1 min. rest)
    Arched crunches (3 sets, 2 min. per set, 1 min. rest)
    Easy burpers (3 sets, 1 min. per set, 2 min. rest)
    Last edited by SWE-survival; 07-20-2009 at 06:01 AM.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Calf raises can be done with whatever equipment you have available. As for the other stuff, adding more volume can make recovering a lot more difficult. Try the routine by itself for a few weeks, build up your recovery abilities. Then add in your fitness stuff and see how your body responds.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SWE-survival View Post

My appoligies for my previous topic. Seems this forum contains more info then google displays after a search I came across this topic wich I think I will give a try.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

I just wanted to ask if it matters how the calfraises are performed. One legged calfraises, barbell or dumbell?

Next to that I would like to ask if there are any usefull links or pages that go into the techniques of these exercises?

Also could this be combined with a daily fitness exercise of the following (about 30 minutes):

Do you at least play basketball? After all you are 7'4" tall.
    vBulletin Message

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Originally Posted by HYP3R View Post
    Do you at least play basketball? After all you are 7'4" tall.
    Lol, I hope the converter was not wrong. I am about 190 cm.

And no I do not play ball, used to but now I am aiming at MMA.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Converter was way wrong, you are 6'2"
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Converter was way wrong, you are 6'2"
    Damn converter, changed now...

Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol, I hope the converter was not wrong. I am about 190 cm.

And no I do not play ball, used to but now I am aiming at MMA.
    Whats your reps and sets? If you geared towards more performance then calf raise are not needed. You will get plenty of calf works from conditioning. Trust me. If you put the hard work in that is. Focus more on compounds. Use pull ups and chin ups alternating instead of curls. Do regular heavy deads. Do power cleans or hang power cleans. Just some of experiences. Hope I helped!

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

Your better off to start out with a standing bar bell calve press. I use a 2x4 piece of wood, nothing fancy. Seated calve presses will work the muscle differently. If you run or ride a bike you may not need to do them. If you insist on doing your 4 exercises DON'T do them on the same days that you weight train and you shouldn't need the slo-mo squats or the elbow push ups at all.

bensford66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

two quick questions...

I'm not a beginner, but not a pro by any means either...

1. I just did the routine with all four sets at the high weight, is that going to limit my growth over the 5 weeks and I should still do the two lighter loads then the two full loads, or should an intermediate lifter be able to do that and get the same results?

2. I plan on doing this routine in the morning before work, if I do P90 (original) say 4 to 5 nights a week is that to much cardio?

Thanks for the great routine!

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bensford66 View Post
    I'm not a beginner, but not a pro by any means either...

1. I just did the routine with all four sets at the high weight, is that going to limit my growth over the 5 weeks and I should still do the two lighter loads then the two full loads, or should an intermediate lifter be able to do that and get the same results?

2. I plan on doing this routine in the morning before work, if I do P90 (original) say 4 to 5 nights a week is that to much cardio?

Thanks for the great routine!
    Well first off don't do 4 work sets with this set up. Due to the high frequency it will eat you alive. Next up, have you searched the original thread for the 3 different intermediate style programs that I posted? There's nothing wrong with giving the beginner's program a shot but if you can bench 1.5x your body weight and squat 2x your body weight you probably wont get to far with it.

SimRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SimRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am new here on the bodybuilding forum and relatively new to bodybuilding as well so I have been hunting down threads that talk about and discuss issues related to beginners. I need to add up some mass and muscles as well. And I will be using the beginners guide as from now. Do you guys think that this will help me?

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SimRad View Post
    I am new here on the bodybuilding forum and relatively new to bodybuilding as well so I have been hunting down threads that talk about and discuss issues related to beginners. I need to add up some mass and muscles as well. And I will be using the beginners guide as from now. Do you guys think that this will help me?
    I'm several weeks into AllPro's Beginner Program and I already see results. The trick is to do the routine EXACTLY how he wrote it. You can read through both the original threads and find out why you shouldn't add this/that or change anything but it basically comes down to stalling too early and having to start over.

Give it a shot and after a cycle or two if you don't like it, switch to another routine. Everyone using it(including me) seems to love it.

raxorsharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I missed my lite workout (Friday), should i do it on saturday or just leave it and start with 1 rep more per set on monday??

roothypnosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you guys for this. This thread will help me.
    http://www.roothypnosis.org - Fix relationships, quit smoking, gain confidence, stop anxiety!

ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProstheticLimb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I highly recommend this article for beginners:

mystylenatural.com/2013/09/231-beginners-workout.html

Simple, understandable and it works.

Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can anyone recommend the optimal series of stretches before doing this routine?

I have been starting off with a few sun salutations, and 25 pushups to warm up before doing this routine. It seems to limber me up okay, but I'm pretty new to this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    You can have RESULTS, or EXCUSES not both.

Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtisray will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump
    You can have RESULTS, or EXCUSES not both.

HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Curtisray View Post
    Can anyone recommend the optimal series of stretches before doing this routine?

I have been starting off with a few sun salutations, and 25 pushups to warm up before doing this routine. It seems to limber me up okay, but I'm pretty new to this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm on the end of cycle four, I've never really done any serious stretching before working out, I usually walk the dog first as my warm up, then touch my toes type stretching, then a few bodyweight squats, then I start my sets.

keep doing what you're doing, it seems to be working from what you posted. This is a great program!

EDIT: Check the stickies , the official All Pro's thread is posted there. You will get better replies about this routine in that thread.

bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @All Pro, I want to use this program, a few questions please:
    can I substitute T-bar rows for Bent-Over Rows?
    can I do the over head presses with dumbells ? same question for the babrell curls: can I use dumbells for the curls? I have one part of my body bigger that the other and this helped me out to reverse this a bit over the past 5 years...

GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bugbass View Post
    @All Pro, I want to use this program, a few questions please:
    can I substitute T-bar rows for Bent-Over Rows?
    can I do the over head presses with dumbells ? same question for the babrell curls: can I use dumbells for the curls? I have one part of my body bigger that the other and this helped me out to reverse this a bit over the past 5 years...
    I don't think All Pro hangs around the forums anymore.

bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bugbass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GymFreak25 View Post
    I don't think All Pro hangs around the forums anymore.
    hmmm....
    I don't know who to ask these questions about this routine...
    it's seems like a finally found one that can work for me

GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bugbass View Post
    hmmm....
    I don't know who to ask these questions about this routine...
    it's seems like a finally found one that can work for me
    You should read the FAQ of hes program as well as some of the threads, im sure you'll find most of the answers your looking for there.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155009423

PressAltman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can we substitute power cleans for bent over rows in this routine?

LeksBubble is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I haven't been able to find this question though I am sure it has been asked.

I saw the thread about determining max weights.

I'm a female novice lifter, what do I do if the bar or only bar plus a little more is the best I can do (overhead presses, bar is 25kg or about 45 pounds)?
    On the medium and light day, do I keep doing the exercises the same way so I am learning, or use dumbells or a lighter set-weight barbell outside of the rack?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LeksBubble View Post
    Hi, I haven't been able to find this question though I am sure it has been asked.

I saw the thread about determining max weights.

I'm a female novice lifter, what do I do if the bar or only bar plus a little more is the best I can do (overhead presses, bar is 25kg or about 45 pounds)?
    On the medium and light day, do I keep doing the exercises the same way so I am learning, or use dumbells or a lighter set-weight barbell outside of the rack?
    Most men are going to end the program with only a 70-90lb working weight.

I got around the problem by buying a 15lb aluminum training bar that can still use Olympic plates.

Ideally you do 55lbs heavy day, 50lbs medium day, and just the bar light day, but that is normally too heavy for most people starting out.

If you dont have lighter fixed bars (you can just clean them from the floor) you can always do the seated arnold press with dumb bells till you can do it with 2 25lb weights on heavy day.

And no you can bar bell heavy day, and dumb bell medium/light days, its all or nothing.