goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow How to: Loose fat & gain muscle (at the same time)

I had a whole book dictated in my head today. I wish I had a tape recorder and a secratary. Well first there was a thread loose weight and gain muscle. Nobody here wants to loose weight, they want to loose fat. In BTFFTM Mr. Venuto reply's when asked how can I loose weight real fast and he says "let me cut off your legg, that's about 30lbs".

You can't loose fat and gain muscle at the "exact" same time. Well yes and no. Can you fill a container and drain it at the same time? Actually yes, recycle it back in. You can't physically be in the same spot as someone or something else at the same time, neither can you be in a surplus (fill) and a deficit (empty) at the same exact time (unless recycling) so the statemet is completely stupid.

* My information is from Burn the fat and feet the muscle as well as Mens health TNT (and much more research even Mr. Venuto quotes at least a dozen Dr's and authors).

* Is there is secret? yes = Time

* What is the one single thing I can do to impact my fat loss? = remove sugar

A quote from Mr. Vanuto is the Zig Zag diet is innefiecient and slow but "he does NOT say it does not work". He goes no further in to any detail of what it is. Here ya go -> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drsquat6.htm

So from reading that it says to pig out on fri night have a defecit of calories on the weekend. I don't agree with that either and nothing i've posted was the same as it.

We know muscle building burns fat and we know more muscle burns more fat. So Burn the fat and feed the muscle implies loosing fat and gaining muscle. Why, because he says if you are not gaining muscle you are not doing it correctly.

Carlos DeJesus - Experiment of one:
    There is no one rutine to copy. Everyone builds and recovers at a different pace. Everyone easier muscles and weaker muscles or a certain lift they are afraid or have to avoid because of injury. We have to push the limit in order to get bigger. Get in to the burn but not in toinjury causing pain. Some guys can work out daily and others can only work out once a week.

So what is my theory?

My theory = Lift one day rest two

It takes up to 36hrs to repair our muscles.
    The magic windows is after the workout.
    Carbs deliver the protein.
    Taper calories and carbs.
    Muscle building needs a surplus and fat loss needs a deficit.

So now we put all of this knowledge to work:

We know we should eat the most in the moring and taper down (calorie tapering), so same goes for carbs. We know we burn the most fat in the morning. So why not workout first thing in the morning after protein intake.

We know we need lean protein, good carbs and good starch veggies. What portion? You will have to experient the ratio that works for your body. The easiest way to start is one portion of each. I do one portion of fish, one of brown rice and one of mixed veggies.

There are three secrets to getting all the benefits of low carbohydrate dieting
    without all the side effects. The first is carbohydrate tapering, which is the practice of
    eating more carbohydrates early in the day and fewer later in the day. The second secret
    is using moderate carbohydrate reductions, not the removal of all carbohydrates. The third
    is carbohydrate cycling. When combined, the results of these three techniques can
    increase fat loss beyond your wildest dreams and expectations! Lets take a closer look at
    each one. - Tom Venuto

Full body workout:
    Why because all muscles are interconnected. How do you isolate one muscle when several are conencted and necessary to do a movement.

Split/Split:
    I don't want to be in the gym longer then an hour. Why? Becuase it is more important to me to not miss the magic protein window then it is to keep lifting. Remember, it is repairing that builds the muscle. So what do I mean? Split some muscle groups but instead of daily try it three days a week giving your body rest. This is good for guys with harder or longer recovery.

It takes the correct food at the correct time along with lifting weights and aerobics in order to loose fat.

Most people will lose fat simply by lifting weights, doing cardio, eating less than they burn and "cleaning up" their diets. - Tom Venuto

goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carb cycling

Here's how Starnes described the idea behind carb cycling: "By fluctuating macronutrients on a daily basis, we can ensure that performance and muscle building can be optimized on the days when it's most important, while burning fat on the other days."

This applies to virtually everyone who trains hard, from gym rats to competitive lifters and bodybuilders to athletes in just about any sport that's more physically demanding than a spelling bee. There are always training days that take more out of you than others. If you never vary your daily calories or macros, you end up overfeeding yourself on the days you're either resting or training light, and perhaps eating too little on the days you train the hardest

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...o_carb_cycling

older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why would I want to loose my fat? It's jiggly enough already. Is there a way to tighten it instead?

Bruce Lee

?Since weight training involves repetitions, a great deal of energy must be exerted. Therefore, weight training should be practce only every other day.? ? Bruce Lee

The Bruce Lee Workout should be intensive enough to require adequate recovery days. Bruce Lee suggested that you should train at most once every other day, or three days per week, with an extra rest day at the weekend.

?Above all, never cheat on any exercise; use the amount of weight that you can handle without undue strain.? ? Bruce Lee

Keep in mind this is about 40yrs old (he was well ahead of his time) but his added protein as we all know has been copied as well as his excersise routines. He may look tiny but his upper back expanded like a superman cape and I don't think anyone has had a stronger stomach then him.
    http://www.motleyhealth.com/diets_an...bruce-lee-diet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee

monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) monoshunter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by goracer View Post
    ?Since weight training involves repetitions, a great deal of energy must be exerted. Therefore, weight training should be practce only every other day.? ? Bruce Lee

The Bruce Lee Workout should be intensive enough to require adequate recovery days. Bruce Lee suggested that you should train at most once every other day, or three days per week, with an extra rest day at the weekend.

?Above all, never cheat on any exercise; use the amount of weight that you can handle without undue strain.? ? Bruce Lee

Keep in mind this is about 40yrs old (he was well ahead of his time) but his added protein as we all know has been copied as well as his excersise routines. He may look tiny but his upper back expanded like a superman cape and I don't think anyone has had a stronger stomach then him.

lol he was also on roids

but i understand what you're saying
    PSN = monoshunter

aus gamers add me

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)

He wasn't really ahead of his time.
    He took training tips from bodybuilders to get like that.
    He trained like a bodybuilder. And he exercised more than only 3 days per week.

But, thems are some crazy lats.

jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000) jb1922 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by monoshunter View Post
    lol he was also on roids

LOL yeah it looks like he shots roids since hes huge, Bruce is the greatest ever never seen anyone else do pushups with only his thumbs

It is a common misconception that if you have alot of weight to loose, you should loose the fat with cardio first before starting a weight training program. Actually the opposite is true; weight training allways accelorates weight loss. - Tom Vanuto

The fastest way to loose fat is with hard, heavy, to-failure weight training with 6-12 reps. Don't rely on aerobics exclusively. - Chris Aceto (Evrything you need to know about weight loss)

As you increase your lean body weight, your metabolism also increases, both during training and at rest. Dr. Fred Hatfield (Bodybuilding, A scientific approach)

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Too bad Bruce Lee didn't take fish oil! Could have saved his life.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bruce lee wasnt ahead of his time
    he overtrained like crazy and he used roids
    thiago alves
    future champ

Pacnbiggie187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BiGGz28 View Post
    bruce lee wasnt ahead of his time
    he overtrained like crazy and he used roids
    You're right clearly someone who was in Time's top 100 infulencial people of the century wasn't ahead of their time.
    Bruce lee was ultimately the most in shape person in his time and even in today's world.
    a)He never ever, ever took advice from any bodybuilder. It's actually in fact the opposite.
    b)He never took roids in the sense that someone today would, he merely experimented.
    c)Just look at his workout routines. Some of his routines are workouts that you see people using today claiming it's new.
    d)Bruce Lee was actually noted as implementing more rest days than training days. He in fact, enlightened most people at the time how much rest the body actually needs, so I have no idea where you get your over training thesis from.

Minus you being completely wrong, you're right, he wasn't a head of his time, and he wasn't strong or anything. I mean I'm sure Anrold could 50 one handed chin ups consistently, and I'm also sure there's other people in the early to mid 60's that could fly a kick that produces an equal force of a Ford Ranger going 15 miles an hour.

He mastered all components in what defines what "in shape" is.
    Flexibility, Strength and Endurance.
    Point Blank.
    I'm not trying to boast him or put him a pedastool, but for you to say he wasn't ahead of his time is pretty ignorant.
    Jay "Ferrari" Ferreira

Pure Portugee

~~OIF/OEF Veteran~~

"I'm only here to do two things; drink beer, and kick some ass, and it looks like we're almost outta beer."

"Ahhhh, beer, vagina, coco's..........I love Okinawa"

Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I had a dime for everytime I see a thread titled "Lose fat & gain muscle @ the same time"....

older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000)

No dime for this one.

Originally Posted by Hudacris View Post
    If I had a dime for everytime I see a thread titled "Lose fat & gain muscle @ the same time"....
    Well, you wouldn't get your dime for this thread. This thread is entitled "How to: Loose fat & gain muscle (at the same time)."

Like I said earlier, I don't understand why anyone would want loose fat. I'd much rather have tight fat. It would look more like muscle.

Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by monoshunter View Post
    lol he was also on roids

You're retarded. What makes you think he was on roids?

Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's how Starnes described the idea behind carb cycling: "By fluctuating macronutrients on a daily basis, we can ensure that performance and muscle building can be optimized on the days when it's most important, while burning fat on the other days."

This applies to virtually everyone who trains hard, from gym rats to competitive lifters and bodybuilders to athletes in just about any sport that's more physically demanding than a spelling bee. There are always training days that take more out of you than others. If you never vary your daily calories or macros, you end up overfeeding yourself on the days you're either resting or training light, and perhaps eating too little on the days you train the hardest

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...o_carb_cycling
    This thread is retarded. Tnation is retarded snake oil salesmen. You want a carb cycling diet that might help you lose fat and gain muscle, look at ud2.0. FOr the vast majority that aren't beginners or doing convoluted diets, no, you can't do both at the same time. Pick one goal and stick to it.

Originally Posted by Marine man View Post
    This thread is retarded. Tnation is retarded snake oil salesmen. You want a carb cycling diet that might help you lose fat and gain muscle, look at ud2.0. FOr the vast majority that aren't beginners or doing convoluted diets, no, you can't do both at the same time. Pick one goal and stick to it.
    You're reply is retarded! I am sharing my research for FREE. T-Nation is "not" free as they peddle suppliments by one company only ...there is your snake oil.

Arrow 10 week results for those that are following

waist = (measured at love handles) - 2"
    Arms = + 1/4"
    Chest = + 2"
    Scale wieght = -10lbs (204lbs to 193.5lbs)
    Body fat = -2% (25.7% to 23.7%)

The results speak for themselves!

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bruce Lee wasn't the first of his kind. There are many other people just like him but they don't go too public. Look into the monks, they were around doing things you've seen Bruce Lee doing before he was even born. Regardless of that he was an amazing individual but gets more credit than he actually deserves in my opinion.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.