Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How fast does muscle go away?

Just wondering...

If i stop working out (lifting weights) for a week will i lose alot of muscle?

Will i lose any?

Is there a certain timeline when muscle starts to go away? (like 1 month of not doing weight lifting and you start to lose it?)

just wondering cause I haven't weight lifted in over a week and im worried i might lose some of it (im lifting tomorrow... so not to worry :P )

TheMajestik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont think a week will do alot but a month might, when I stopped working out for a few weeks my lifts went down a few kg's but quickly picked up again.

Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reficul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheMajestik View Post
    I dont think a week will do alot but a month might, when I stopped working out for a few weeks my lifts went down a few kg's but quickly picked up again.
    ah i seeeee

acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100)
    how can you lose in one month muscles which took you years to earn? unless you're starving yourself ... but i guess if you maintain your protein intake high you shouldn't be losing any muscle, in fact, your body will take all the time to recover fully, mean you'll gain muscle and then stop gaining when you have recovered fully.
    Last edited by acidking; 07-20-2009 at 12:46 AM.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I went to Europe for 2 months (no weights at all) but kept my calories up as much as I could and I lost a bit of muscle. But it took about 2 months and it came back once home!

So don't stress

glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glen666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long as you eat maintenance or better over you wont loss anything well hardy anything. Even a few weeks meh you wont lose.

dvhendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dvhendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

Originally Posted by acidking View Post
    how can you lose in one month muscles which took you years to earn? unless you're starving yourself ... but i guess if you maintain your protein intake high you shouldn't be losing any muscle, in fact, your body will take all the time to recover fully, mean you'll gain muscle and then stop gaining when you have recovered fully.
    Well said!
    S Henderson

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When doing full body training and a decent diet odds of losing muscle mass are slim to none, even on a cut. Don't listen to all the bro science BS that exists in the world and in these forums.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're lifting tomorrow so who cares
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobooshka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Theres no possible way you could lose a noticable amount of muscle in a month unless ofcourse your eating at a HUGE deficit. The only reason your lifts will go down is because youve gone out of routine and simply arnt used to the same weights you once were.

xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i don?t think a week will make you lose some muscle. Like some guys said if you keep your calorie/protein intake you will be fine.
    in the past when i stopped workout for a couple weeks i felt so much better because of the recovery and i kept my weight.