Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protein FAQ

Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000)

Protein FAQ

Protein FAQ

What type of protein powder should I buy?

There are hundreds of protein brands each with their own claim that makes them the ?best?. However, first one needs to clear their head, and distinguish between the actual types of protein. There are four main types:

Whey protein is a quickly digested protein, and as such it is ideal to use during workout and post-workout. During the post workout time, there is a great need for amino acids to begin muscle repair and Whey protein is excellent for this. Whey is highly bioavailable, and boasts the highest biological value of any protein source. Therefore, a whey product may be an excellent choice for those looking for a protein product that can be readily used by the body to build mass.

Casein protein is slower absorbing from the stomach and small intestine so the blood amino acid levels don't rise quite as rapidly. The slow absorption will help sustain elevated amino acid levels over a longer period of time. Casein is an extremely slow digesting protein, which some people mistake for being inferior. However casein is a rich protein source that will feed the body at a steady rate, which makes it ideal as a dietary supplement during the day or before bed to feed the body while you sleep.

Casein is the only protein you should be taking before going to sleep. The reason is because your body needs to be sustained for six to eight hours during your sleep without food. Casein protein is also found in milk but works more slowly and also sticks around in the blood for longer. It also has properties that help prevent muscle depletion. Casein is best taken before bedtime when the body needs a steady supply of proteins while the muscles repair and rebuild during the night.

Egg protein is considered to be one of the best forms of natural protein. The white of eggs contains the proteins. Egg Protein Powder Egg protein is still one of the highest-quality proteins available. It is virtually devoid of carbs and fat, and it is readily digested and absorbed. Egg yolks provide healthy fats, as well as highly bioavailable iron, riboflavin, folate, vitamins B12, D and E, and choline (which enhances strength and brain function).

Soy Protein is criticised by many for its poor bioavailability compared to whey, casein and egg. However, it is useful for vegans. Here are some interesting figures showing the BV values of common proteins:

BV of common proteins:

Whey=104
    Whole egg=100
    Egg white=88
    Casein=77
    Soy=74

Individuals with lactose intolerance, if they are determined on going with a whey based protein powder, should select a pure whey protein isolate, which has less than 0.1 gram of lactose per tablespoon (20 grams). This is less lactose than the amount found in a cup of yogurt and research has shown that most people with lactose intolerance have no trouble taking this very small amount of lactose. Individuals with lactose intolerance should avoid whey protein concentrates as they usually contain lactose and the amount can vary greatly from product to product. ( http://www.wheyoflife.org/faq.cfm#19).

What brand of protein powder then?

From personal experience and the opinions expressed on bb.com I would be inclined to go with something like myprotein, nutrisport, ON casein or 100% whey as they are good value for money and don?t taste too bad. But, really it is all about preference e.g. maybe you want a protein powder centred around weight gain ? in which case you may go for GN weight gain (http://www.discount-supplements.co.u...xd.asp?id=7461) to get those extra calories in your daily diet ? or even bars. The answer to this question is something that has to be based on the individual though and their budget/requirements.

What exactly does Protein do?

Next to water, protein is the most abundant substance in the body, making up approximately 15-20% of your weight. In order for muscle growth to occur, every day you must consume more protein than your body utilizes. Protein and amino acids are essential for building muscle, and this is the reason we need plenty of it in our diet. Everybody needs protein to survive, but bodybuilders must replenish the body?s supply of protein and keep a positive nitrogenous balance throughout the day and night.

What are the side effects of taking protein powder?

If you use protein shakes/bars sensibly and intelligently, the only side effect you should experience is growth in terms of Lean muscle mass and perhaps some excess wind (we?ve all had ?that?). However, other than if you are lactose intolerant, there are not really many negative side-effects you should experience.
    More seriously, EXCESS protein intake can cause your kidneys to work harder, but even then it is unlikely to lead to any long-term damage or pathology. In fact ones kidneys only work to around 20-25% of their actual capacity! Even the word ?excess? is a loose term as the required levels of protein can differ significantly between individuals and their levels of activity. This brings me on to the next FAQ.

Are there any possible risks from taking high levels of protein?

As with all supplements, there are always risks. The issue is that there are so many poor general practitioners and doctors that lack knowledge of bb and protein intake that they instantly list off the risks of protein powder, not understanding the intensity of those gym sessions. Indeed, I was told about how excess protein COULD lead to kidney stones and COULD lead to osteoporosis as the calcium bonds to the acidic end products of the protein, to help turn the pH of blood back to a neutral level. Of course, all this COULD happen if someone was to chug down protein powder like water.

Nevertheless, none of these potential health risks should apply to any of you unless you already have renal/kidney dysfunction or are seriously abusing your intake of protein (this reminds me of Jaxxed_Fibraz?s video in his sig now)! Even if you are on a cut, try and get a good proportion of your protein from lean food sources like chicken. I draw you all to the conclusion of this article (http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/bod...idneydamage.ht, which is that ?there are no studies that have ever shown a high protein diet causing kidney damage in persons with normal kidney function?. My advice would also be to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to help the kidneys excrete any unwanted toxins. Water is good for you anyway (especially creatine users) ? aim for at least 2.5-3 litres a day.

My parents don?t want me taking protein powder, and complain it is dangerous. What the hell can I do?

Ah, we all recognise this question. I see one of these at least once every day or two. If your parents are at all flexible, then try educating them with some of the articles referenced at the end of this FAQ, or get them to consult a GOOD personal trainer who should support the idea of protein shakes being useful post-workout especially. I had the exact same problem with my parents, but fortunately my doctor is not against protein powders or bodybuilding, and so I was able to persuade them with time.

How much protein should I take each day?

This is possibly one of the most debated questions in bodybuilding, and one I can not possibly give a definitive or objective answer to. The answer depends on the individual?s level of activity, their medical history, their goals etc. The general rule of course is 1.0-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight. For example, I am 185lbs, and so I would aim to take in approximately 185g of protein a day. More importantly however is the quality and bioavailability of the protein one gets through their diet. For example, protein from bread is never going to be more bioavailable than say protein from chicken, beef or turkey. It is therefore not just about the quantity of protein, but also the quality. In my opinion, 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight is great for most people who weight lift regularly and are looking to gain muscle as they don?t have to worry whether they are having too little, or too much (as such a level can not really be counted as excess so long as the individual is actually training hard).

Should I have protein shakes on non-workout days?

Once again this is up to the individual. Strictly speaking protein shakes are best straight after a workout as the protein will reach the muscles faster than any foods, therefore kicking of the recovery process faster. Some people may, for example, do cardio on non-workout days, and I take this as a perfect opportunity for a shake when I don?t have the time to prepare a meal. If you have a good budget though and enough protein, then I would have your shakes most days ? an especially good time for casein is before bed as aforementioned, as it is slowly absorbed throughout the night when your muscles are recovering. Cottage cheese is also a good alternative if you wish to save your powder for training days.

What time of the day should I take protein powder?

There are 3 main times when you should consume protein. These are first thing in the morning, immediately after a training session and before bed. If you goal is to gain weight, you may also use a protein weight gainer.

Does taking protein supplements help with weight loss?

Adding protein shakes, protein bars and/or meal replacements to your diet is a great way to jump start your weight loss. Protein supplements can give you quality protein without the extra calories. Meal replacement shakes can provide you with a well rounded, low calorie liquid meal that will keep you going for hours. Just remember to have well balanced meals too, even when cutting.

Can protein be mixed with other supplements?

Yes. Mixing your protein shake with other ingredients (like dextrose) can increase the rate at which protein is absorbed. A good post workout shake typically includes whey protein, dextrose and glutamine. Just make sure you read the label before mixing supplements.

Will it cause my testicles to shrink?

Believe it or not, I actually had friends that believed both creatine and protein would cause their balls to shrink. To us, this seems like the biggest load of balls (excuse the pun) known to man, or maybe apes in their cases. So, ?NO? is the answer.

Some useful and interesting articles on protein powders, protein, and amino acids:
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ein_roundtable
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne39.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jon7.htm

Sources used:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Different-...ein&id=1080942
    http://www.projectswole.com/your-que...rotein-powder/
    http://www.wheyoflife.org/faq.cfm

Remember, if you want the results from a good, nutritious, high protein diet, you still need to work hard in the gym. Leave nothing.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully this will answer some questions, and save more threads on this. I am happy to answer any other questions people having regarding protein powder, amino acids or protein in general. If you have any suggestion as to what should or could be added to my ?Protein FAQ? then please PM me and I?ll get to it.

Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good article. Although alot of it is common sense.
    Last edited by nickl1473; 07-19-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nickl1473 View Post
    Copy paste?
    Yep, some of it. I wanted to get different sources together under one FAQ. Sources are mentioned in the post mate. More importantly, people can post their protein questions here rather than posting hundreds of threads on it.

xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xSpazzy is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Good stuff, should be stickied

kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Copy paste?
    good info regaurdless, if it's not tho GJDM
    "I am fueled by all forms of failure. I paid the price so I'll take whats mine!"
    "Obbession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=359214151#post359214151

~~Brothers of Iron~~

Originally Posted by xSpazzy View Post
    Good stuff, should be stickied
    Originally Posted by kaoslegend View Post
    good info regaurdless, if it's not tho GJDM
    Ty guys, some of it is referenced (see sources), but the idea was to get this thread stickied and help beginners out with this common topic.

Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey im totally new to this site and was wondering whether you could tell me hwo much protein i need per day? I've just started weights and am currently taking in about 140-150g of protein a day and weight 170lbsi s that enough? Alos should i spread the protein throughout the day? thanks.

Originally Posted by Get_swolez View Post
    hey im totally new to this site and was wondering whether you could tell me hwo much protein i need per day? I've just started weights and am currently taking in about 140-150g of protein a day and weight 170lbsi s that enough? Alos should i spread the protein throughout the day? thanks.
    Ideally, it would be great if you could up your protein to 170-190g of protein a day. And, yes you should spread your protein intake throughout the day to aid a positive nitrogen balance. Aim for 5-6 small meals throughout the day with each containing about 40g+ of protein that way you will be hitting your required protein easily. Your first question was in the FAQ if you looked mate! Good luck anyway!

Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Get_swolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Staxed1989 View Post
    Ideally, it would be great if you could up your protein to 170-190g of protein a day. And, yes you should spread your protein intake throughout the day to aid a positive nitrogen balance. Aim for 5-6 small meals throughout the day with each containing about 40g+ of protein that way you will be hitting your required protein easily. Your first question was in the FAQ if you looked mate! Good luck anyway!
    right. ty for the reply. as for post workout, how much protein should i be trying to get. how much do you have?

right. ty for the reply. as for post workout, how much protein should i be trying to get. how much do you have?
    Well, I have a protein shake which is about 25g of protein, followed by a chicken/ham/tuna sandwich which is another 25-30g. So, about 50-55g in total. I think 40+g of protein post workout is fine. As I mentioned you can also put dextrose in your shake to help absorption, but it's not strictly necessary. Hope that helps. Just make sure you have a good whey shake after your session though as this will be more bioavailable to your fatigued muscles than food by itself.

Well, I have a protein shake which is about 25g of protein, followed by a chicken/ham/tuna sandwich which is another 25-30g. So, about 50-55g in total. I think 40+g of protein post workout is fine. As I mentioned you can also put dextrose in your shake to help absorption, but it's not strictly necessary. Hope that helps. Just make sure you have a good whey shake after your session though as this will be more bioavailable to your fatigued muscles than food by itself.
    ok, sry for all the q's but one more. If I am on a cut, then should I not go for food before bed (cottage cheese) and have the casein shake as you recommended instead?

ok, sry for all the q's but one more. If I am on a cut, then should I not go for food before bed (cottage cheese) and have the casein shake as you recommended instead?
    You've only just started weight training though, surely it's a bit early for a cut? You should be concentrating on bulking and putting some mass on you. But, to answer your question if you are set on cutting then a shake would be better as less cals and less fat.

Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good thread...although most of it is pretty common knoledge, we get enough noobs asking these kinds of questions.

Repped.

Originally Posted by Fowles View Post
    good thread...although most of it is pretty common knoledge, we get enough noobs asking these kinds of questions.

Repped.
    thanks very much mate. I agree, a lot of it is common sense, but that's not to say a lot of newbies have that!

Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fowles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks very much mate. I agree, a lot of it is common sense, but that's not to say a lot of newbies have that!
    exactly

the teen section gets SOOO MANY thread like "what kind of protein should I take"

"how much protein should i eat" "can I eat too much protein?" "what to use in a protein shake?"

we need a thread like this stickied...although there will still be threads asking about protein

Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Vagina.

Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post
    Vagina.
    I love your vagina too Josh.

av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post
    Vagina.
    that
    please respond

Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just started taking casein before bed instead of cottage cheese. Wow! It tastes great(optimum nutrition 100% casein chocolate supreme). It's very thick and grainy but it tastes like brownie batter! I mix 1 scoop with 1 cup milk(33g protein).

I just started taking casein before bed instead of cottage cheese. Wow! It tastes great(optimum nutrition 100% casein chocolate supreme). It's very thick and grainy but it tastes like brownie batter! I mix 1 scoop with 1 cup milk(33g protein).
    Only reason why i'm reluctant to have a shake right before bed is because i'll wake up 2 hours later to piss lol. Cottage cheese at the moment for me though!

Only reason why i'm reluctant to have a shake right before bed is because i'll wake up 2 hours later to piss lol. Cottage cheese at the moment for me though!
    Every morning I wake up and piss like a race horse.

Just a quick bump before I go to bed so it's on the first page for anyone wanting to post any protein q's. Will answer them in the morning.

Hai,WutsGoinOnInHere Jeffthepump's Avatar
    Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in b4 sticky
    I rep back 300+ (type "rep back 300+" and ill get u back ;))

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder. But nobody wants to lift all this heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.

LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LT56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the FAQ OP. Should be stickied.

brb ultrasoundin' TheMightyManlet's Avatar
    TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ImRightUrWrong View Post
    No thanks Harry.
    lol. In for ultrasoundmachine FAQ though

Registered User ABRAHAM_SOLOMON's Avatar
    ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How many grams of protein should be consumed in each serve?

Originally Posted by ABRAHAM_SOLOMON View Post
    doesn't matter.

someone people say "your liver cant handel more than XX grams at a time"

its bull**** tho.

Originally Posted by ABRAHAM_SOLOMON View Post

Originally Posted by Fowles View Post
    doesn't matter.

someone people say "your liver cant handel more than XX grams at a time"

its bull**** tho.
    This. I've seen people saying you can't absorb more than 40g of protein per serving, but that's not going to be an objective value for every individual. Just aim for 1g-1.5g of protein per lb of bw, and divide it by 5-6 meals, that's your serving portion.

E.g. 1.5 x 170/6 = 42.5g of protein each meal. You can even bump that serving up to 50g after a workout.

Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Thanks for the FAQ OP. Should be stickied.
    Np man I had nothing else to do anyway! It's more annoying still seeing questions cropping up on protein, but the OP not seeing this thread.

Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayberry03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Free whey!
    my friend gave me free Whey Protein by "body fortress" and i cant find it under the supplement brand tab. it says "super ADVANCED Whey Protien" any help? thx
    whats your guys' take on whey, is it way better than just eating after a workout? i'll be taking 2 scoops getting 52g of protein vs eating my usual tuna and cottage cheese sandwich getting around 35-40g of protein.
    "Everybody pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

ACE Certified Personal Trainer/Fitness Nutrition Specialist