snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

neccessary supps while cutting?

my goal is fat loss while maintaining muscle.
    I am 5'10'' 265/270 lbs.,I want to get down to atleast 220/230 by November.

I have been lifting only for the past 6 months(no cardio) and now I plan on lifting 4 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week.My question is,are there any supps that are a must for me while trying to get rid of this fat?So far i am taking Optimum Pro Complex,SciVation Whey,Supplement Direct BCAA,and NOW Adam.Is there anything i am missing or am i taking something i shouldnt?

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by snyper99 View Post
    my goal is fat loss while maintaining muscle.
    I am 5'10'' 265/270 lbs.,I want to get down to atleast 220/230 by November.

I have been lifting only for the past 6 months(no cardio) and now I plan on lifting 4 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week.My question is,are there any supps that are a must for me while trying to get rid of this fat?So far i am taking Optimum Pro Complex,SciVation Whey,Supplement Direct BCAA,and NOW Adam.Is there anything i am missing or am i taking something i shouldnt?
    You don't NEED any supplements to cut. You can cut just fine with whole foods alone. Out of what is listed I would use whey personally. I would also take a multivitamin and maybe some fish oil pills.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snyper99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    You don't NEED any supplements to cut. You can cut just fine with whole foods alone. Out of what is listed I would use whey personally. I would also take a multivitamin and maybe some fish oil pills.
    Wouldnt I need something to help preserve the muscle that I have put on so far?

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, protein and weight lifting.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_lew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not if you add enough protein from whole foods like meats, eggs... etc. You could use a whey supp if you wanted, but not needed.

BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500) BadBoy4Life is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by sweet_lew View Post
    Not if you add enough protein from whole foods like meats, eggs... etc. You could use a whey supp if you wanted, but not needed.
    whey
    multi
    fish oil
    creatine
    bcaa
    profit
    " Kimo is only a C level fighter at best, and yes, I could kick his ass."

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only thing I would really worry about is protein and maybe a multi.

hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

No, no and no. You do need to get enough protein in your diet to maintain your lean mass, but if you have an adequate diet that is good enough. High intensity exercise and weight lifting, in the presence of normal dietary protein levels, will spare your existing muscle much more effectively than all the whey shakes in the world and no high stress exercise.
    May 31 WT: 227.6 BF%: 33.2%
    June 28 WT: 216.2 BF%: 32.0%
    July 26 WT: 207.6 BF%: 30.2%
    Aug 30 WT: 199.8 BF%: 28.7%

Goal WT: 155 BF%: 10.0%

Originally Posted by hodag1 View Post
    No, no and no. You do need to get enough protein in your diet to maintain your lean mass, but if you have an adequate diet that is good enough. High intensity exercise and weight lifting, in the presence of normal dietary protein levels, will spare your existing muscle much more effectively than all the whey shakes in the world and no high stress exercise.
    since i will be lifting 4 days and cardio 5 days and my job is a physical job(constant sweating due to extrmely hot temps here in Houston)how many calories should i be looking to take in cause according to one calorie calculator i need to take in about 3,300 calories for fat loss but i calculated my meals for tomorrow and it only comes in at about 2,000 calories.
    Last edited by snyper99; 07-19-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes. steak and eggs do the trick.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

Originally Posted by dillingerescp View Post
    yes. steak and eggs do the trick.
    so no need for bcaa?

bump

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great replies and advice. Supplements are not necessary to lose fat. Save your money! Diet is the most important thing. You have to eat less. To preserve muscle, lift hard. Check out my profile and blog. I just spent the last 5 months losing 25 lbs and 6 inches off my waist without doing any cardio or taking any supplements. I lost little or no muscle because I lifted hard throughout.

Hotb55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotb55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Multi, Fish Oils, Whey

lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i like to use green tea bcaa and protein but thats about it

Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

use this for all your food, makes it taste good

Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
    Great replies and advice. Supplements are not necessary to lose fat. Save your money! Diet is the most important thing. You have to eat less. To preserve muscle, lift hard. Check out my profile and blog. I just spent the last 5 months losing 25 lbs and 6 inches off my waist without doing any cardio or taking any supplements. I lost little or no muscle because I lifted hard throughout.
    you must have a very fast metabolism cause i have been lifting and eating better than how i was for about 6 months and so far i have only gone down two pant sizes.That was with no cardio as well,other than the exercise i get at work(delivery driver).I lift 4 days a week for an hour with only secondds between exercises and i believe that i need to do some cardio.Obesity runs in my moms side of the family and i was cursed with the fat gene and i have been overweight since i was a little kid and through out my life.

Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shwayze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you must have a very fast metabolism cause i have been lifting and eating better than how i was for about 6 months and so far i have only gone down two pant sizes.That was with no cardio as well,other than the exercise i get at work(delivery driver).I lift 4 days a week for an hour with only secondds between exercises and i believe that i need to do some cardio.Obesity runs in my moms side of the family and i was cursed with the fat gene and i have been overweight since i was a little kid and through out my life.

might sound crazy but everyone is different

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't know about my metabolism being very fast. I doubt it. Obesity runs in my family too and I've been obese for the last 5 years. Eating clean is not enough. You must eat less. Some people workout hard but overeat to compensate for the energy burned without realising it. That was my problem for ages. For most fat people eating less is more effective for fat loss than exercising more, which tends to spike the appetite.

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Multivitamin (preferably little to no iron)
    Fish/Flax seed oils (not a necessity but can def help)
    Glucosamine (not just to cut, but anytime your gonna lift weight or do cardio I recommend)
    Protein Powder (having both casein and whey is great, but just whey on its own is fine)
    Glutamine (found in most protein powders, so may not be necessary)

Optional:
    Caffeine (raises your metabolism slightly, and gives you more ooomph in the gym)
    Green Tea extract (read alot of articles saying it promotes fat loss)
    NO product (such as NO-xplode, you'll never want to workout without it)

BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    edit:
    Last edited by BiGGz28; 07-20-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: im an idiot
    thiago alves
    future champ

BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by theapexxxx View Post
    Multivitamin (preferably little to no iron)
    Fish/Flax seed oils (not a necessity but can def help)
    Glucosamine (not just to cut, but anytime your gonna lift weight or do cardio I recommend)
    Protein Powder (having both casein and whey is great, but just whey on its own is fine)
    Glutamine (found in most protein powders, so may not be necessary)

Optional:
    Caffeine (raises your metabolism slightly, and gives you more ooomph in the gym)
    Green Tea extract (read alot of articles saying it promotes fat loss)
    NO product (such as NO-xplode, you'll never want to workout without it)
    while i would put the glucosamine under optional...i agree with this list of stuff
    thiago alves
    future champ

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't need supplements to cut, but you need them as a motivation to keep going and try somthing new.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BiGGz28 View Post
    while i would put the glucosamine under optional...i agree with this list of stuff
    Glucosamine should be mandatory to even get a gym membership in my opinion. Joint care in the long run is a hell of a lot more important than gaining muscle or losing weight when your not able to walk in 20 years.

Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
    I don't know about my metabolism being very fast. I doubt it. Obesity runs in my family too and I've been obese for the last 5 years. Eating clean is not enough. You must eat less. Some people workout hard but overeat to compensate for the energy burned without realising it. That was my problem for ages. For most fat people eating less is more effective for fat loss than exercising more, which tends to spike the appetite.
    so you dont pay any mind to the calorie calculators that recommend how many calories to eat for fat loss/maintenance/bulking?

i have cut back on how much i eat and i have seen that my clothes fit me a little looser than lets say 4-5 weeks ago