ThynameisDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Routine Critique

Push/Pull/Legs/Abs (heavy) with one day of rest inbetween each day

Disclaimer: everything is 3 sets of 8

Push
    4 chest exercises, (Bench Press, Pec Fly, Incline Press, Incline Fly, usually all with Dbells, sometimes machines)
    3 tricep exercises, (2 arm dbell ext, 1 arm dbell ext, various pushdowns, skull crushers, machine dips, etc)
    *1-2 ant delt exercises, (Shoulder Press, Arnold Press, Front raises)
    * my delts are already pretty well worked towards the end, plus I sometimes get a little shoulder pain after all of the pressing

Pull
    4 lat exercises, (Machine Rows, lat pulls, dbell rows, bent over rows, pull ups)
    1 upper trap exercises (barbell or dbell shrugs)
    2 bicep exercises (concentration curls, preacher curls, 1 arm curls, ez curls, hammer curls blah blah blah)
    2 forearm exercises (reverse ez curls, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls)
    * it seems like pulling works my biceps more then pushing works my triceps, significantly, so I do less for biceps, I want bigger traps also. I feel this also works my posterior abs plenty.

Legs
    3 General Leg exercises (leg press, squat press, horizontal leg press, hack squat)
    2 hamstring exercises (lying ham curls, seated ham curls, stiff leg dead lift)
    1 calf exercise (machines)
    1 lateral delt exercise (different types of side raises)
    * I cant stand regular squats, I have really long legs and it hurts my back, knees, ect. This usually torches my legs pretty well.

Abs,
    Everything is weighted
    3 exercises main abs (crunches, leg raises, dbell crunches)
    3 oblique exercises (various side bends weighted with plates, dbells, tricep bars)
    *I want big abs, not flat runner abs, I dont know what else to do besides side bends since most obliques exercises seem endurance/ high rep based (flat runner abs)

I'm trying to add mass, and was wondering if I'm doing too much. or if I should add burnouts, Grade me, I'll think of more questions.

I've been working out for two years and I'm going for hypertrophy
    Last edited by ThynameisDrew; 02-13-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: forgot something

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long are you in the gym for? Also if everything is heavy you should probably have at least 2 days off before your next workout.

You gain while you rest.
    OG

ThynameisDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    How long are you in the gym for? Also if everything is heavy you should probably have at least 2 days off before your next workout.

You gain while you rest.
    An hour, no more then 70 minutes, but usually an hour. I tihnk I'm changing my mind and going with a chest/tri back/bi leg/delt abs split.