Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 137 lbs
    TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit TylerManning's BodySpace

I caught a punch to the ear today

i have heard stories from some friends of them busting their ear drums and it being really painful. i was sparing with my dad today and caught a right hook square on the ear. can still hear out of it, but it's been tweaked all day. i went swimming and when water got in it, it hurt like hell for 10 minutes or so, but subsided. has anyone had this happen to them before?
    "the good die young, the great die fighting" me

Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    BodyPoints: 24348
    injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit injured44's BodySpace

Stats: 5'9", 162 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16618
    parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) parkerbro1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit parkerbro1's BodySpace
    Might wanna check wit teh Dr. to make sure you didn't tear your eardrum.
    Poi Dog
    "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me"
    -Archilocus 650 B.C.-

Elite Martial Science/TapOut Training Center LA
    หุ่นกระบอก
    TBA-SA Officiant
    Reps for life to: GMF, KB, and Rome

hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit hullcity's BodySpace
    definatly go see a doctor mate, i've bust mine before and had an ear infection for about 2 years, you just can't get rid of it.

the only plus side to it is if you smoke, you can take a drag, and then hold your nose and make your ears pop, the smoke comes our your ear. true story.

TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TylerManning is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by hullcity View Post
    definatly go see a doctor mate, i've bust mine before and had an ear infection for about 2 years, you just can't get rid of it.

the only plus side to it is if you smoke, you can take a drag, and then hold your nose and make your ears pop, the smoke comes our your ear. true story.
    lol, i smoke dank. but updaaaate, the pain has subsided but i can still tell a difference. hopefully by tomorrow it will recover fully. ill give it about a week, if its still bothering me ill go see a doc.

Stats: 5'9", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 12669
    DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DangerDan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit DangerDan's BodySpace
    Nobody has ever been hit that hard before, you are the first.

Originally Posted by DangerDan View Post
    Nobody has ever been hit that hard before, you are the first.
    not a troll? i disagree

Stats: 6'2", 194 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16729
    cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit cgc's BodySpace
    Man, if it hurt when water hit it....chances are pretty good, you need to see a doctor. I've been punched in the ear pretty hard, gone home and showered and was fine.

I watched a friend of mine get smacked in the ear, and he said when water went in his ear he about hit the floor the pain was so bad....he had a busted ear drum.

Honestly, I think I would go see a doctor.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #27 []---[]

Bench 315 lbs for 5 (never got around to maxing out at that time)
    Deadlifts - 425 lbs for a single
    Squats - 405 lbs for a single

If you end up banned, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Man, if it hurt when water hit it....chances are pretty good, you need to see a doctor. I've been punched in the ear pretty hard, gone home and showered and was fine.

I watched a friend of mine get smacked in the ear, and he said when water went in his ear he about hit the floor the pain was so bad....he had a busted ear drum.

its good advice, but the pain isn't that bad. if it continues to be a problem i will definitely get it checked out.

hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hullcity has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post

it's when the water goes down your throat you know it's bust. i was given ear drops for my infection when i bust mine, and i was just swallowing the drops lol. tasted so bad.

Stats: 6'2", 194 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16729
    cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cgc has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit cgc's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by injured44 View Post

it's when the water goes down your throat you know it's bust. i was given ear drops for my infection when i bust mine, and i was just swallowing the drops lol. tasted so bad.
    Yeah, I can see where that might lead you to believe it's busted...lol.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #27 []---[]

Bench 315 lbs for 5 (never got around to maxing out at that time)
    Deadlifts - 425 lbs for a single
    Squats - 405 lbs for a single

If you end up banned, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Stats: 6'1", 200 lbs
    Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jeremy90 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Jeremy90's BodySpace
    I might have laughed a bit at the Brad Pitt picture if Injured hadn't posted it
    Ask a NASM certified personal trainer at 24 Hour Fitness anything
    Ask a one time Hollister Model anything

Lift heavy, eat clean, do cardio. It's that simple

Stats: 6'2", 263 lbs
    BodyPoints: 14103
    Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Dark Phoenix's BodySpace
    I caught a knee to the ear on Tuesday night while doing a take down. Felt like when you go in an airplane and your ears pop, only problem was when I plugged my nose and tried to un-pop the ear, I could fell air leaving my ear.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
    I caught a knee to the ear on Tuesday night while doing a take down. Felt like when you go in an airplane and your ears pop, only problem was when I plugged my nose and tried to un-pop the ear, I could fell air leaving my ear.
    very useful info, whenever i do it there is no air leaving my ear. which doesn't mean necessarily that it isn't damaged. but i don't think it popped, i think within a couple days it will return to normal.

Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    BodyPoints: 24348
    injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit injured44's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Jeremy90 View Post
    I might have laughed a bit at the Brad Pitt picture if Injured hadn't posted it
    cagefighter in training

mine does that to this day and i've had it operated on, i dont think it means it's popped, but get it checked out, the doc just takes one look in there and can tell if it's bust or not. he'll probaly draw on a piece of paper exactly what the hole is like too. believe me, if you leave these things they get worse and worse, and it's absolute hell having a bust ear drum.

Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mine does that to this day and i've had it operated on, i dont think it means it's popped, but get it checked out, the doc just takes one look in there and can tell if it's bust or not. he'll probaly draw on a piece of paper exactly what the hole is like too. believe me, if you leave these things they get worse and worse, and it's absolute hell having a bust ear drum.
    I went to the doctor the next day. Said it was popped and I had an infection. He gave me some drops. Right now I am just waiting for it to heal.
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

I went to the doctor the next day. Said it was popped and I had an infection. He gave me some drops. Right now I am just waiting for it to heal.
    are you swallowing the drops when you put them in?

are you swallowing the drops when you put them in?
    You mean through the ear and they work their way down? No, but I can fell them in my eye, which seems weird.
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

You mean through the ear and they work their way down? No, but I can fell them in my eye, which seems weird.
    yeah i meant through the ear. strange that you dont get that. has he not said you need an operation? must be a very small hole.

yeah i meant through the ear. strange that you dont get that. has he not said you need an operation? must be a very small hole.
    I don`t think it is anything major. I have some hearing in the ear still, and it feels like it is plugged with water.
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009