derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000) derf87 is just really nice. (+1000)

Zinc and Testosterone?

Take a look at this article:

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/56/1/148

They tested, among other things, testosterone levels of males fed various levels of dietary zinc. To sum it up: The findings suggest that serum testosterone concentrations, seminal volume, and total seminal zinc loss per ejaculate are sensitive to short-term zinc depletion in young men.

Zinc is lost rapidly after sex. Would it be reasonable to think that frequent sex and/or fappage might lead to reduced zinc levels, and hence, reduced testosterone levels? Short term studies seem to say no, but what about long term constant zinc depletion?
    Last edited by derf87; 07-17-2009 at 09:31 PM.

lewistk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by derf87 View Post
    Take a look at this article:

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/56/1/148

They tested, among other things, testosterone levels of males fed various levels of dietary zinc. To sum it up: The findings suggest that serum testosterone concentrations, seminal volume, and total seminal zinc loss per ejaculate are sensitive to short-term zinc depletion in young men.

Zinc is lost rapidly after sex. Would it be reasonable to think that frequent sex and/or fappage might lead to reduced zinc levels, and hence, reduced testosterone levels? Short term studies seem to say no, but what about long term constant zinc depletion?

I would have to think that although ejaculating at ridiculously high frequency MAY depress overall tesosterone slightly, regular ejaculation (within reason) should not depress serum test, seminal vol, and total seminal zinc loss. I think the short term depletion is probably immediately after ejaculation in a sort of absolute refractory period, when testosterone levels among other things are significantly depressed.
    On my quest for 180 lbs...

vitamindoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting thoughts on this subject. In sports, there used to be an old wives tale that resulted in athletes abstaining from sex prior to competitions.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vitamindoc View Post
    Interesting thoughts on this subject. In sports, there used to be an old wives tale that resulted in athletes abstaining from sex prior to competitions.
    and...
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100) dannytre is not very well liked. (-100)
    i read an article here on bb.com...u can use ejaculation timing to boost your testosterone..if u ejacualte an hour after ur workout it does something with killer cells imnot even sure wat those are..i think it takes them down allowing u to have speedier muscle growth. also one may abstain from ejaculation for 7 days and ur test levels will remain the same until day 7..then they will spike up..but on the 8th day they become very surpressed...so u can use this to ur advantage by holding out for a week b4 a big sport event/hardcore training sesh/etc or just help urself after everyworkout to help out recovery..if i find it again i will post the link here

it wont let me post the actual link because i ont have enough posts..weird but here it is just..put the name of this website (BB) and this right after the "dot com" /fun/south99.htm
    Last edited by dannytre; 07-30-2009 at 09:55 AM.