my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wink Im new! help me out please! kinda long!

Hi there! thanks for taking ur time to read my post. i really appreciate it. i recently realized that i would like to change the way my body looks for the better. heres some info...

Background:
    so im the typical asian highschool kid. thin and scrawny. not much muscle, but not really fat or anything. i play computer games quite a bit (typical asian) so u can just imagine what my body is like, except im not fat at all really.

What i hope to acheive:
    I do not want to have big huge arms or anything. i dont really wish to grow "bigger" as in my physical size in mass. I want that lean/athletic look with muscles. basically, i would like my arms just a little bigger but with creases in it u know what i mean? right now they're kinda just round, not much creases.

i hope to also achieve a good overall look to my body, not just one specific area.

Equipment I have:
    first i would like to say that i do not have access to a gym. all i have is the iron gym extreme pull up and chin up bar and a 15 lb dumbell. yes, only 1 dumbell, not 2, they're kinda expensive.

my sister actually has two 5 pound dumbells that i can use but i see no point in them for me.

Diet:
    so from reading on this site, i realized that diet is a very key role in bodybuilding. i do not have a super strict diet or anything, yet i do not strive for eating the most fried foods i can get my hands on. i often times go out for fast food. i try to get the foods that are more "healthy" such as subway or chipotle (not the sauce, this is a name of a mexcan fast food place only some of u guys would know of due to the limited locations they have), and some other small fast food places. I do not get anything fried and i do not go to burger places such as carls jr. or mc donalds or jack in the box or w/e.

I do have access to tuna tho.

Supplements:
    i do not wish to use any supplements really, i wanna do this natural and the supplements are kinda expensive and i dont have any money really.

Cardio:
    so recently ive been trying to get some abs and i found out that their is fat in front of ur stomach so im trying to get rid of that. i use to run 4 miles every other day for cardio but then i made the discovery that HIIT cardio works much better.

ive read up about it and im not sure where i should start. should i do 30 sec sprint and 30 sec walk for...8 minutes? im still in shape cuz its only very recently where i stopped running 4 miles every other day.

i have read that if u do too much cardio, youll lose muscle? so how many times a week should i be doing HIIT? i tend to always think the more i do it the more results and the faster it'll come so someone please stop me on this =P.

My Current Workout:
    every other day i do...

80 leg lifts (i lay on my bedroom floor and hold the leg of my bed and do 80 of them straight) i realized that i should do them faster because i feel more of a burn in my abs compared to just doing them casually.

2 sets of 50 side ways crunches? 1 set each leg. kinda hard to explain but i basically put 1 knee up and the other foot from the other leg on the knee so my leg is now side ways and i take my opposite elbow and opposite knee and crunch up to the side to make the elbow and knee touch.

5 sets of 5 various chin/pull ups. pull ups are kinda tough for me since i dont have the shoulder or back strength yet. i can do some, just not a lot really, maybe like 5. for chin ups, i can do more and they are easier to do.

ill also try to do push ups for chest since thats all i have really for a chest workout. i can do about 30 without stopping.

occassionally ill do dumbell curls with my 15 pound dumbell. 15 in each arm.

btw, when ppl say for example 2 sets of 50, do they write it as 2x50 or is it 50x2?

i guess my big overall question is if u guys can give me some tips or advice on achieving my goal. and remember, i dont want to get super huge or super jacked like i see in some of these guys on this forum, but i must say its quite impressive.

I WILL POST UP PICTURES IF IT'S NECESSARY/HELPFUL, I GOT LAZY TONIGHT.

THANKS FOR READING AGAIN! I KNOW ITS KINDA LONG! I REALLY APPRECIATE UR TIME AND EFFORT!

collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok my A D D kicked in like halfway thru all i heard was u want to look better without getting ripped really. Well first off whatever gaols u have right now like u used the word creases adn **** is never gonna stay the same. You say u want that and after u start working out you'll never be truly satisfied, so you'll keep doing it. Secondly, i didn't even read your diet i d c... just eat around 3500 calories a day (count ur fing calories it helps trust me). When you count ur calories u learn what foods are good and the nutritional facts about each one so you have a more controlled diet. SIGN UP AT A GYM. i read your using some home gym or some **** i d c... sign up a gym... as for the routine.... START ON RIPPTOES.... let me link you...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hlight=RIPPTOE

after u do like 2 months of this then start doing 5 day splits and **** iunno but this will get u in shape and at a good base.

Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolf-Baron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by my.self View Post
    Hi there! thanks for taking ur time to read my post. i really appreciate it. i recently realized that i would like to change the way my body looks for the better. heres some info...
    look up p90x

my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    collintech: thanks for ur advice on counting the calories, it seems like a good idea. i appreciate it. and sorry if i mis-said some stuff. what i meant by not getting bigger was that i meant i dont want to get super super big, cuz i know some ppl train specifically for size. i definitely want muscle tho and i do understand that i will get bigger which im ok with, i just dont want to be huge.

Baronthedivined: p90x, ill def. take a look into it. thanks.

anyone else have suggestions on routines or exercises i can do with the stuff i already have? or on the HIIT cardio workout? thanks!

berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) berserkbladex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man this reminds me of when I first started like when I was 14 and I only had two 10 lb weights haha...PM me, I can help you to make the most out of your lack of equipment (no homo).

saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) saint_lazarus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    get gym membership. eat 5000 calories a day. **** abs

Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hoot-N-Toot has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by saint_lazarus View Post
    get gym membership. eat 5000 calories a day. **** abs
    tthis

ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you can't join a gym save up for a bench and a decent barbell dumbell set. This may be quite expensive but save up and to be honest its a lot more productive than buying video games man.

On arms you may do more than 1 set with that small Dumbell.

On diet just eat enough good quality protein foods eggs, fish, chicken, salmon, red meat, peanut butter and milk.

Does your school have a gym?