kingme425 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Possible Plateau? What do you do to bust threw?

Hi everyone its been awhile since I posted, will I started off at 351 pounds and got down to 296, but seems I am stuck I still have 24% body fat and stick to my diet very strict. I think I need help or someone whos been here before to give me an idea. You guys helped me last time to bust through from 351 to 296 but now the pounds have become stingy and hard
    The Specs:
    I count all my calories with dailyburn.com (easy just snap and it adds on)

Calories per day I eat exact :2350
    Protien: 379.0g
    28.2g of fat
    157.8g of carbs

So I eat the same thing everyday(boring I know) but nothing taste as good as looking good feels Anyways Im am stuck and started here at bodybuilding.com and you guys saved my life (serious) I did not know were to start. I do scoobys workshop workouts for those familar and stick to this diet. I have tried uping calories as it says I dont eat enough, but I gain weight I go to low I think Im going into starvation. I eat every 3 hours as I have a desk job (I dont cheat on my diet) so did I go to low for to long and now my body turned 2400 calories into matinece? I have been on this diet for 3 weeks with weight going up and down. Heres the meals, maybe you can find a flaw..

Breakfeast:
    10 Egg whites (sometimes 1 yolk)

Mid Breakfeast:
    Protien shake- 1 frozen banna, 2 scoops Cytosport protein(2 servings) and 1 1/2 cup skim milk

Lunch:
    3 4oz chicken tenderloins, 1 1/2 cup vegetables and 1 1/2 cup brown rice

Dinner:
    3 4oz chicken tenderloins, 1 1/2 cup vegetables and 1 1/2 cup brown rice

After dinner:
    Go to the gym and 1 cup Natural quick oats with two scoops Cytosport (costco) protein with cold water

Bed:
    8 hours sleep (sometimes more) lol

Gym:

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your protein is way over required levels and your fat intake is dangerously low which is probably fkn with your hormone levels. Read the stickies and get your macros right.

So 9.99*134.26(kg)+6.25*74(cm)-4.92*24= 1685.68 x 1.41 activity level = 2,298.128 Calories a day. I hit that everyday and I dont loose weight. (this is the Mifflin-St Jeor: Developed in the 1990s) I didnt know having to much protein was bad, I guess I need to check into macros, thanks for any help you can give me as I know very little about macros, but atleast I have a compass and hope I can figure it all out.
    Last edited by kingme425; 10-19-2011 at 01:24 AM.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    drop protein to 320

up fats another 10 -15gs

you should break the plateau then as cals have decrease a bit try it for a week see what happends
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kingme425 View Post
    So 9.99*134.26(kg)+6.25*74(cm)-4.92*24= 1685.68 x 1.41 activity level = 2,298.128 Calories a day. I hit that everyday and I dont loose weight. (this is the Mifflin-St Jeor: Developed in the 1990s) I didnt know having to much protein was bad, I guess I need to check into macros, thanks for any help you can give me as I know very little about macros, but atleast I have a compass and hope I can figure it all out.
    1. That forumla calculates your maintenance, not what level you should cut at.
    2. You have entered your height in inches and not cm.
    3. Your maintenance level is around 3500 according to that calc assuming your activity level is correct.
    4. The result will be pretty inaccurate when its used by people with very high BF%.

You should be losing weight at 2350 a day so I would say either you are mis caclualting what your eating or your low fat intake has affected your hormone balance.

Also there is no such thing as starvation mode and you don't NEED to eat so many meals a day if you don't want to, it has no effect on your metabolism so just do what ever is easier.

bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Plain and simple you are eating too much. Go plain for a few weeks and eat at 2000 calories a day, lift weights heavy 3 days then walk 2-3 miles every day other than maybe 2 days of the week your choice. Log your food in myfitnesspal and befriend me and hold yourself accountable. The only way ti bust through a plataue is to get pissed and man the funk up and get ish done. Concentrate on your goals 100% and there is no chance of failure.

theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How to you poo with all that protein?
    I dropped mine down as I was having 220g a day and started to take psylium husk and things are moving...so to speak.
    When I stall what I do is have a re-feed on say the Tues....then the weight will go up a tad...then on the Fri get very drunk and hardly eat.
    Works for me.
    Sept - Jan comp
    06/09/2013: 260 lbs

Goal Jan 2014 = 220lbs

Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You weigh nearly 300lbs. and taking in only 2300 calories a day isn't giving you results? Even if you didn't work out at your height and weight, maintenance should be around 2800 range. I eat that much and still lose weight. But I guess everyone is different and your body can adjust to a deficit. Also, they're right. You don't need that much protein and you're not getting enough fat.

What's your workout look like and how do you feel during the day? When I wasn't eating enough I felt like crap. Ate at maintenance for a week and started losing weight again. Also, how long have you been stuck? A week or two might not show you much sometimes.

Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keen to see what your workout is like. Any cardio?

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    120 pounds lost and no stalls/plateaus that weren't diet related. If you are stuck your diet is off.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

Originally Posted by drewsedg View Post
    120 pounds lost and no stalls/plateaus that weren't diet related. If you are stuck your diet is off.
    Look I started off a 351 pounds by being honest and posting what I did exactly and counting every calorie, It got me to 296. So now im on the same diet eating 2300 calories a day and stuck. I am thinking of starting the ECA Stack maybe jump me back on track. I record everything that comes in and out of my body and thank you above for seeing my error in my calculator. I have tried eating my maintenance level ( I record) but seem to put weight on now as before anything under 3k calories was good as gold for weight loss. I use Dailyburn to log every!! Calorie and know results don't come from guessing but knowing whats going into your body. I have checked into macros and thats nice to know what they are, but still seem to be lost on exactly what to remove and add to make the diet right. I have also dropped two pieces of chicken out of each meal to drop down the protein intake, but should I replace with more rice??

Workout:
    30 min cardio-(Got boring so mixed it up)
    -20min olymptical Hit Program
    -10 Min jog treadmill
    Lifting as stated above is scoobys workshop (scoobysworkshop s61xl) That program right now
    All I do is stick to my diet, lift do cardio, I have a protein shake with natural oats right before bed because i work out at night and come home and go to bed. Dont know if that holds me back (eating that close to bed???)

Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look I started off a 351 pounds by being honest and posting what I did exactly and counting every calorie, It got me to 296. So now im on the same diet eating 2300 calories a day and stuck. I am thinking of starting the ECA Stack maybe jump me back on track. I record everything that comes in and out of my body and thank you above for seeing my error in my calculator. I have tried eating my maintenance level ( I record) but seem to put weight on now as before anything under 3k calories was good as gold for weight loss. I use Dailyburn to log every!! Calorie and know results don't come from guessing but knowing whats going into your body. I have checked into macros and thats nice to know what they are, but still seem to be lost on exactly what to remove and add to make the diet right. I have also dropped two pieces of chicken out of each meal to drop down the protein intake, but should I replace with more rice??

Workout:
    -10 Min jog treadmill
    Lifting as stated above is scoobys workshop (scoobysworkshop s61xl) That program right now
    All I do is stick to my diet, lift do cardio, I have a protein shake with natural oats right before bed because i work out at night and come home and go to bed. Dont know if that holds me back (eating that close to bed???)
    When you eat doesn't matter. My schedule's all kinds of messed up. I just put everything towards a weekly total. Have you tried upping your calories a bit? I've seen some of scooby's workouts and they can be pretty long (intensity depends on you though) and you're doing quite a bit of cardio too.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    25% bodyfat at 290 and 6'2"? You are either on steroids AND a freak of nature, or you are fatter than that. If you are a professional powerlifter, or NFL linebacker who let himself go, then I take that back.

Second, if the scale isn't moving at 2300 calories and 300 pounds, you aren't counting calories correctly and you're eating way more than you think.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fluxion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you should try changing your macros.

Personally, I would try something like this:
    200g protein
    200g carbs
    75g fat

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Workout:
    -10 Min jog treadmill
    I maintain that if you are stuck your diet is off. You say you are consuming 2300 calories but if you aren't losing weight at 300 pounds I have to doubt that. When I weighed ~270 I lost 8 pounds per month consuming ~2700 calories per day and I have a desk job and was almost sedentary at that weight.

If you are meticulous about counting everything that you eat/drink then the way you count is probably off. A common problem on here seems to be figuring the calories of rice based on the dry volume when the nutrition info is specified for the cooked volume. Check that. If that isn't the problem I don't know what to tell you other than eat less than you are now.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    25% bodyfat at 290 and 6'2"? You are either on steroids AND a freak of nature, or you are fatter than that. If you are a professional powerlifter, or NFL linebacker who let himself go, then I take that back.

Second, if the scale isn't moving at 2300 calories and 300 pounds, you aren't counting calories correctly and you're eating way more than you think.
    Lol I wish the scale was wrong, but yes 296 not 290 and yes 23% body fat not 25%, I got it measured during a fat percentage loss at our local 24 hour fitness by a personal trainer with a caliper, and it was 23%. I have literary none to very low fat on my upper cheast and legs, my stomach area is a different story. ( I wear it well) but thats were its left. I kid you not I have been honest about what I have been eating and it got me to 296 from 351, but now I have been going up and down around 296 like 294 then two days later 296 again (maybe water weight) eather way its staying the same not going down I just weighed in today at 294 again. I can post pics too, I have a lot of definition on my shoulders neck, but chest below seems to hide there. The worst meal I ever cheat on is maybe a high carb protein bar like a cliff bodybuilder bar, thats it. I dropped my protien and carbs and now trying to find something to replace the calories.

** Also noticed an error in my logging, I was putting 3 chicken tenderloins per meal 2 and 3, but there was 4...so have to get my correct calories put in.

Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by drewsedg View Post
    A common problem on here seems to be figuring the calories of rice based on the dry volume when the nutrition info is specified for the cooked volume.
    Are you sure about that? As far as I know, nutritional labels represent uncooked since cooking your food can have different weight depending on how much water is retained.

kingme425, how long have you stalled? And how long have you been dieting to get down to where you're at now?

Originally Posted by Chicago1287 View Post
    kingme425, how long have you stalled? And how long have you been dieting to get down to where you're at now?
    3 weeks, anyways getting ready to hit the gym, still working on the revisions to the diet to get it were I need it
    ended total for today

Calories= 2554
    Carbs= 209.2g
    Protein= 315.5g (i know still high, but my diet is centered around protein) always worried about getting enough not trying to not eat to much lol.
    Cardio: 30 mins

Scoobys lats and back workout, still at 296lbs.

PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start running bro. that will burn the calories, and get your metabolism fired for the day. Just did 3miles before breakfast @ 12min/mile (that's pretty slow - but for a 208lb former tighthead prop - that's not bad) that's getting on for 500 calories burnt.

Also try to drink as much ice cold water a day as you can physically can. It a)flushes you out, b)your body burns calories warming it up inside you.

PG

PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    To every1 saying that he must be counting calories incorrectly... a week ago I would have agreed with you. But after this last week I have to consider another possibility as well.

Yes he might be eating more than 2300 calories and that is the most likely scenario but there is another. I had been dropping a lb a day like clockwork for weeks until 6 days ago I hit the wall. Nothing in my exercise or diet changed at all - but the weight loss came to a crashing halt! I was still eating roughly 2000 calories a day and doing the exact same things in the gym and cardio was the same too. What is the explanation for the sudden stop in weight loss? Well these articles by Martin and Lyle might shed some light: http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how...tion-part.html http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how...n-part_28.html http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dre321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Start running bro. that will burn the calories, and get your metabolism fired for the day. Just did 3miles before breakfast @ 12min/mile (that's pretty slow - but for a 208lb former tighthead prop - that's not bad) that's getting on for 500 calories burnt.

Also try to drink as much ice cold water a day as you can physically can. It a)flushes you out, b)your body burns calories warming it up inside you.

PG
    yeah, don't listen to this guy..

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need to shoot for less calories.

Whether you're counting cals right, or underestimating them, if you aren't losing anything you still need to drop intake further. The numbers only serve as a means for us to track how much we eat, your body doesnt care about the number itself, it only cares if A) it's less than total burn B) equal to total burn or C) greater than total burn.

If you've dropped almost 60lbs, you can't eat the same calorie intake you ate at 350 and get the same results. You calorie requirement drops as you lose weight as a function of just being smaller, as well as adaptation to reduced calorie intake over time.

296 at 23% is wishful thinking. Sorry man, but caliper readings at this level of body fat are nearly impossible and your trainer should know enough to not even attempt a reading on someone with higher body fat levels, plus calipers have a +or- 5% margin of error in the first place. Drop another 60lbs and maybe then you'll be in the 20% range if you're lucky. It's just the damn honest truth and you'll learn it when you eventually get to that level. I mean, I started off at 350lbs too, currently at 235, have a big solid muscle base and I'm still not even that lean.

PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, don't listen to me I talk sh:t. Running and drinking water will make you put on loads of weight... Wtf?

PG