Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000)

why do i gag/puke after running?

i just got off of the tredmill. 10 mins at roughly 6 mph.
    the whole time im running my breathing is hard but im alive.
    but as soon as i stop running, i start gagging. or if ive been running really hard ill throw up.
    not a seroius vomit but none the less i throw up. ( sorry if too much information haha )

whyyy?
    its every time.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cocoa_Tea View Post
    but as soon as i stop running, i start gagging. or if ive been running really hard ill throw up.
    not a seroius vomit but none the less i throw up. ( sorry if too much information haha )

whyyy?
    its every time.
    How long are you giving yourself after eating before you start running? Also, are you drinking enough water or too much water?
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000) Cocoa_Tea is a complete loser! (-2000)
    i ate around 7:30.
    and i drink a glass of water every hour usually.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i ate around 7:30.
    and i drink a glass of water every hour usually.
    I didn't ask what time you ate but how long before you started working out did you eat? Haha. I don't know what time zone you're on or what day or am, pm at 7:30.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

about 2 hours. my bad.

sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Running (and other sympathetic nervous stimuli) tends to shunt blood away from the digestive system and to the muscles that propel you. This seems to cause two things. One, your body does not neccessarily tolerate stuff in the GI tract because things are "shut down" temporarily. Two, the same things can signal the body to get rid of any extra dead weight via vomiting or crapping. According to Lt Col. Dave Grossman, loss of GI control (puking or crapping yourself) was quite common during and sometimes before anticipated conflicts. He also mentioned in a seminar I attended that some SWAT teams take a "battle crap" before they kick a door, just to get their GI systems to calm down and to prevent loss of bowl control in the middle of a fight. Perhaps you might do some sprints to get that same feeling again, then go pump a grumpy, and return to your cardio. It might work, or it might not, but you will only know if you try.
    My bodyblog: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/sarguy/
    I welcome any and all constructive feedback.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.

i r going into battle. ^^

sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i r going into battle. ^^
    lol kinda. Your body may not know the difference between running from a bear or running to get in shape.
    My bodyblog: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/sarguy/
    I welcome any and all constructive feedback.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.

lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lostcausetac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try running at a slower speed till your body gets used to running. also you could run before you eat breakfast.
    *Jedi Knight crew*
    *concealed carry crew*

davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50) davecassin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lostcausetac View Post
    try running at a slower speed till your body gets used to running. also you could run before you eat breakfast.
    lulz...just about to suggest this.

Go slow and ease into it. Once you get the distance and pace you want, start increasing the distance slowly.

First time I started running, puked about 3/4 mile at a very slow pace.

Now I am up to 4 miles and a pretty good pace.

Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500) Billy_The_Kid is not very helpful. (-500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sarguy View Post
    Running (and other sympathetic nervous stimuli) tends to shunt blood away from the digestive system and to the muscles that propel you. This seems to cause two things. One, your body does not neccessarily tolerate stuff in the GI tract because things are "shut down" temporarily. Two, the same things can signal the body to get rid of any extra dead weight via vomiting or crapping. According to Lt Col. Dave Grossman, loss of GI control (puking or crapping yourself) was quite common during and sometimes before anticipated conflicts. He also mentioned in a seminar I attended that some SWAT teams take a "battle crap" before they kick a door, just to get their GI systems to calm down and to prevent loss of bowl control in the middle of a fight. Perhaps you might do some sprints to get that same feeling again, then go pump a grumpy, and return to your cardio. It might work, or it might not, but you will only know if you try.
    I take a battle crap every day before I leave the house.

True story man.

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long are you cooling down? Are you going immediately from 6mph to stopped?
    I know when I run, if I speed up or down too fast it hurts my stomach.

genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) genesismachine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always feel like I'm going to throw up after a run. I think if you don't, you aren't really pushing yourself. That doesn't mean you actually throw up and/or gag though, it just means you're on the brink.

This is my workout:
    Warm up by walking for ~10 minutes
    Run balls to the wall for ~10 minutes, taking breaks briefly if I feel like I'm about to throw up (or if I'm just plain exhausted)
    Cool down by walking for ~10 minutes

I've cut down my mile run time from about 9:30 to 7:50 in a little over a month using this method. I know people say to jog slowly and then go for distance, but I think it's better to go at the pace you want, and then slowly increase the distance you can run without taking a break.

Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewisboss77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

whyyy?
    its every time.
    It probably isn't this but thought i'd share anyway. When I was 15-21 when i used to rugby train or do anything quite strenous (fight/run) I used to get out of breath then all of a sudden i would 'gag'. I was hardly ever sick (if i was only very little).

Anyway went to the Doctor about it and he said it was a form of Asthma and put me on Subutoemol (sp?). So I used an inhaler before any strenous activities. It hasn't been a problem for last few years but i don't smoke anymore which was probably the contributing factor.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

And trying not to get there again...

Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000) Wowzer is just really nice. (+1000)

whyyy?
    its every time.
    Below is from a post of mine some time ago in a similar thread. One reason is that mentioned by sarguy related to aerobic exercise.

There's two main schools of thought, probably both play a part depending on what type of exercise is performed.

For HIIT
    It may be due to the high amount of metabolite build up associated with HIIT exercise, in particular large amounts of ammonia produced quickly are thought to induce vomiting. This vomiting tends to be induced after exercise, once the metabolites start reaching the blood.

For endurance/aerobic exercise
    The change of blood flow from internal organs to working muscles may be a cause. Lower blood flow to the gut may make the body try to remove any food that will need digesting in the future to allow for more blood to be diverted to working muscles. This vomiting tends to occur during exercise, rather than after.

Once again, these are not proven, and the exact mechanisms for why people vomit around high intensity exercise has not really been confirmed.

rdaniels819 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The gag reflex is a direct result of irritation of the throat of pharynx. Since your gagging occurs when you exercise or eat, I would suspect that you have a condition called gastritis. This is a chronic condition in the stomach caused by a critter called Helicobacter pylori. It is a bacteria that just loves the acidic environment of the stomach and causes an inflammation. This inflammation starts in the stomach and works up into the throat. It can be without symptoms for a long time. When it gets ready to say Hello, this bacteria causes gagging that will progress to vomiting, sometimes with blood in the spit. It is not life-threatening and can be treated. You need to see a doctor for a true diagnoses and treatment. If you have this friendly little bugger, it will not go away on it's own. Over the counter NSAIDS will help, but it will not make it go away.

pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    strong first post bump
    Jan 1st '10 : 265lbs
    Feb 21st '10 : 240lbs
    Mar 28th '10 : 228lbs
    Aug 23rd '10 : 208lbs (COME ON, I WANT BELOW 200 ASAP)!!!!
    April 28th '11 : 213lbs
    Feb 18th' 13: 225lbs (starting 12 week kris gethin hardcore)

Life is screwed last couple of years. Now starting again:
    May 28, 2014: 230lbs
    Sept 28, 2014: 227lbs

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:
    01 Jan 2015: 218lbs
    07 Sep 2017: 193lbs

I rep back!!

PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleGorilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lewisboss77 View Post
    It probably isn't this but thought i'd share anyway. When I was 15-21 when i used to rugby train or do anything quite strenous (fight/run) I used to get out of breath then all of a sudden i would 'gag'. I was hardly ever sick (if i was only very little).

Anyway went to the Doctor about it and he said it was a form of Asthma and put me on Subutoemol (sp?). So I used an inhaler before any strenous activities. It hasn't been a problem for last few years but i don't smoke anymore which was probably the contributing factor.
    Used to play rugby with a guy who puked before every match. He was hard as foook, tackled like a rhino.

I'd recommend walking after the run to ease back gradually, maybe try 1/2 a banana before the run too.

PG

Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Intensity. And likely other factors such as food and water. I threw up after a high intensity cardio session that lasted about 1.5 hours. It's very likely that I wouldn't have if I'd paced myself.